Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Georgia Secondary takes another hit...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,980

Georgia Secondary takes another hit...

Aug 20, 2013, 10:18 PM

To paraphrase the movie "Die Hard", "Holy Christ! We're going to need some more defensive backs, I guess...."

http://www.macon.com/2013/08/20/2618843/injury-woes-deepen-in-georgias.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Just watch - all of these guys will miraculously be.....

Aug 20, 2013, 10:32 PM

100% well come the 31st.

Re: Georgia Secondary takes another hit...

Aug 20, 2013, 10:32 PM

Anyone who thinks these guys aren't going to be ready with the exception of FS Tray Matthews is stupid.

Aug 20, 2013, 10:54 PM

Will they be playing, yes. Will they be ready? Would you feel real confident with this group if they were playing for Clemson. The only guy that they have that is 100% healthy is JHC (the one that is suspended for our game.) If I was a dawg fan, there is no way that I would be confident with these guys. Lack of playing together and lack of real game experience.

Aug 20, 2013, 10:45 PM

Well according to some of the post I have read, It does not matter how many on the defense are out of the game. The 4th and 5th stringers would start on most NFL teams.

I still would love to know how dawg fans can still think that their defense is going to be better this year than it was last year. Replacing 12 players off a defense that ranked in the 30's on total defense. If it is that easy, maybe they should have tried to get some of the offensive guys to leave also. SPIKE THE BALL!!!!

Aug 20, 2013, 11:13 PM

I think this years defense can be as good, maybe even better than last years,,,by the end of the season. Last year we had something like 4 starters suspended and miss serious playing time. We had issues with selfish attitudes. Both of these issues served to derail a very talented defense. We really didn't gel until the Florida game which was game 8. From that point on we played as well as anyone.

This years defense has a different feel to it. They are young and hungry, ready to make a name for themselves. And the talent and depth is ridiculous. On the D line John Taylor has been described as having the potential to be the best defensive lineman to ever play for UGA. Toby Johnson coming in from JUCO and Ray Drew are both heralded defensive lineman.

Replacing Jarvis Jones is a hard thing to do. But Jordan Jenkins is faster as a pass rusher. He's another incredible athlete. We lucked into Leonard ZFloyd. He's coming in from prep school so he's a true freshman thats probably gonna start at OLB opposite Jenkins. Floyd is a pass rushing demon.

In the secondary we've got Swann, a top 5 SEC corner. JHC is another incredible athlete. If your keeping score thats a difference maker on the line, 2 at LB and another in the secondary. While JHC wont play this game, andd the rest of the secondary is banged up, by the time they get a few games under their belt our secondary will be a very good unit.

Thats how I think we may end up being better than last year. Game 1 will be a different story. We've got the players in the front 7 to terrorize Boyd. But if he beats the rush, he'll have plenty of open receivers to choose from.

theres only 1 reason you go the juco route, it's a quick

Aug 21, 2013, 6:29 AM

fix, when you don't have the depth or personnel you want/need.that tells me everything i need to know, right there. and in your last paragraph, you forgot to mention that we have a "hot" recvr, to use when y'all do bring the heat for tb, and like you said,if y'all don't get to him, or he avoids the rush, add another 6 on the board!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: theres only 1 reason you go the juco route, it's a quick

Aug 21, 2013, 8:18 AM

You're right juco guys are meant to be used as a bridge, but what exactly does that tell you?

stalkingdawg is trying to tell everyone why uga's defense

Aug 21, 2013, 8:47 AM

will be BETTER this year, even after losing like 11 guys to the nfl. he starts by talking about all the future nfl pro bowlers that y'all have on the d-line, and the second thing out of his pie hole is, and i'm paraphrasing, and a juco guy named ******** (?). if he is already touting a juco player as to why y'alls d will be better, i'll say that grantham's d will be suffering growing pains a lot longer than the first half of the season, it will be lucky to be 1/2 as good as last years, which wasn't all that good, even WITH all the talent y'all lost.

Re: stalkingdawg is trying to tell everyone why uga's defense

Aug 21, 2013, 8:52 AM

I gotcha.

No Excuses...then UGa shouldnt be in top ten***

Aug 20, 2013, 11:17 PM

As long as they are back by week 2 (U$uC game)

Aug 20, 2013, 11:32 PM

That's all I care about.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Concerned about our secondary - hope our guys are back and

Aug 21, 2013, 7:57 AM

ready? Again this year, disappointed in that group - especially all the CB's - rookies and veterans - hope they prove me wrong and come out like gang busters and do a great job against Gawja. Go Tigers!

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,980
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic