Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We've never been against playing freshmen before
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

We've never been against playing freshmen before

Oct 16, 2016, 10:33 AM

Ray Ray and Cain last year, countless others throughout the years. So what gives with holding Feaster back the way we have? Is it just situational or is he truly that far behind everyone else. I mean if nothing else, with his speed, why not split him out wide and get him the ball in space on a screen every now and then. I saw him in high school, the kid has hands. Why are we not finding ways to use him. Would we not have been better off to just redshirt him no more than we've used him this year?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like he has trouble picking up blitzes/rushers

Oct 16, 2016, 10:35 AM

and the way NC State was bringing pressure, sounds like it was a well-reasoned decision to keep him out.

sounds like the issue isn't his running ability

Oct 16, 2016, 10:36 AM

It's his pass blocking skills which will get better I'm sure. Can't run the ball every down he's out there so he's got to be able to block to fit our offense.

Re: sounds like the issue isn't his running ability

Oct 16, 2016, 10:39 AM

Wouldn't he be perfect for the screens that we run or the jet sweep? He is said to be real fast !

Oct 16, 2016, 10:49 AM

That's what I'm talking about. Finding ways to use him and his speed until he picks catches up on some of the other stuff. Screen game, jet sweep whatever. The kid has wheels. Gotta find a way to get him the ball.

Oct 16, 2016, 11:06 AM

If every time you put Feaster on the field and it's a gadget play, teams will cue on that immediately. It's the same issue teams like Miami faced when they put Devin Hester in on offense. If he comes in motion, you know it's a jet sweep, reverse, or he would go deep.

I'm okay with Feaster not playing if the coaches think he's not ready. I just wish they wouldn't burn up a year of eligibility for him if he isn't where they'd like him to be at this point.

Oct 16, 2016, 11:23 AM

Sometimes a decoy works just as well! You don't have either until you use him. Put him in the game and force the defense to make an adjustment

Oct 16, 2016, 10:57 AM [ in reply to sounds like the issue isn't his running ability ]

who said we have to keep him out there for an entire series. Wow!! does the term spot use mean anything?

Feaster will get confidence building play time this year

Oct 16, 2016, 10:52 AM

When the game is not on the line. If he comes in and fumbles right now and cost us the game, this entire crowd would want Dabo and Feasters head. Not how you develop a 5* into a champion record breaker. Let Dabo do what Dabo do

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Feaster will get confidence building play time this year

Oct 16, 2016, 11:36 AM

Everyone fumbles. That is the dumbest excuse in the world not to play Feaster. Get him the ball! Just a few touches and he can change the game. Stop worrying about hurting the older backs feelings

Feaster has the potential to go all the way every time he

Oct 16, 2016, 11:13 AM

touches the ball, and physically, he's ready; that's why they took off the red shirt. My guess is that he's had a little trouble adjusting to the speed of the game (Dabo said as much early in the season), and is still learning how to block and pick up blitzes, which is critical in our offense, and that's why he's not getting snaps at RB. I think coaches saw him being used primarily in the return game this year.

Still, one game-changing long run or return and taking off the redshirt was worth it, and that could still happen.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: We've never been against playing freshmen before

Oct 16, 2016, 11:16 AM

I think we are using him exactly like we used Mike Bellamy. I was suprised to not see him yesterday, but it makes sense at the same time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We've never been against playing freshmen before

Oct 16, 2016, 11:33 AM

I agree with post. We showed in the past that we would play big time playmakers, from CJ, Sammy, Ellington, RayRay, Cain, Watson, Beasley, Bellamy, Scott and more. That's just from the Dabo era, I would like to see him get a few plays in every game. Imo coaches should not force players to fit there play style but fit the play style and calling around the players that we have. If we recruit players that doesn't fit are play style then why recruit them imo. I think Muse, Lamar, X Kelly, Mullen, and Shaq should have some pt and I know that some of them have played in games.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic