Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
After reflecting on yesterday's game, it dawned on me that
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

After reflecting on yesterday's game, it dawned on me that

Sep 30, 2018, 2:38 PM

the win was pretty dang satisfying for a number of reasons. Nothing like 2016, but close. Which may seem odd on the face of it.

First, Cuse is legit. Hats off to them and Dino Babers and good luck the rest of the way. They play the game the right way and if they had any depth, might have pulled off the upset.

Here's what I saw: THIS team displayed something that was missing in both the Pitt and Cuse losses in previous years. Moxy. Refusal to lose. An absolute gut check in the face of incredible adversity on and off the football field. A QB who emerged off the bench to throw a laser on 4th and long. A center who played RG and played lights out. RB's who ran with their hair on fire. Pollard stepped in and played for Anchrum at RT and did an admirable job in the 2nd half. Too many guys to list played their azzes off. And yes, some guys in the secondary were exposed---but the film will help them down the road to become better players.

So no, we don't need KB back. The team proved to themselves that we can win without him. Best of luck to him in his future, btw. But a team with a lot of character was born yesterday---a great mix of old and new. What we need to do now is run the table and score points---lots of points. It seems the ESPN mafia thinks we're no longer worthy of a playoff berth.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

sorta horror story turned into a feel-good story.***

Sep 30, 2018, 2:42 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: sorta horror story turned into a feel-good story.***

Sep 30, 2018, 2:58 PM

Exactly, its the one kind of game we have been losing. Its still a long way to go but man the grit we showed should pay dividends in games to come.

Re: sorta horror story turned into a feel-good story.***

Sep 30, 2018, 3:15 PM

Teams tend to mirror the head coach/ coaching staff. Coaching staff displays grit starting at the with tha Hrad coach.

Re: After reflecting on yesterday's game, it dawned on me that

Sep 30, 2018, 2:43 PM

Great post

Sep 30, 2018, 2:44 PM

Looking forward to the game in Cuse next year. Let's have a beer. Or two.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Sep 30, 2018, 2:48 PM

That would be great. We love the clemson fans. You guys love to spend! And the $2 bill thing is so cool

Sep 30, 2018, 2:50 PM

Sounds like a plan. I'll tmail you next year. Best of luck rest of the way.

RB

Screw Calford.

Is moxie Dabo's new word? He used it three times in his

Sep 30, 2018, 2:46 PM

interview and everyone else is using it to. Before yesterday, I didn't know the word existed.

Bring back lugubrious!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is moxie Dabo's new word? He used it three times in his

Sep 30, 2018, 2:46 PM

If we beat ND in the playoffs, you bet I will.

Screw Calford.

He probably watched "The Sting" Friday night. **

Sep 30, 2018, 5:39 PM [ in reply to Is moxie Dabo's new word? He used it three times in his ]

NM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic