Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
so we have a talented enough roster to sweep Noles and destroy Cards
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 2,405

so we have a talented enough roster to sweep Noles and destroy Cards

May 21, 2015, 10:45 PM

Yes we go .500?

I have coached for a long time and multiple sports. Some years you go .500 and think "man we squeezed every bit of juice out of that lemon". Other .500 seasons you get to the end and say "what the hell just happened?"

If this roster is this talented, then somebody dropped the ball.....literally. no excuse to have this talent and go .500. None.

Either way, I don't think JL helped his cause with this recent run of success. If anything it shows how little he got out of this team for 90% of the season. And that's his job. Just make sure they show up and play. Didn't happen for majority of season.

I hope we make regional. Win it. And show well in Super, maybe even advancing to CWS. Then, I hope JL does some soul searching and does the right thing for himself, the program, Clemson, and most importantly these young men in uniform.......

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: so we have a talented enough roster to sweep Noles and destroy Cards

May 21, 2015, 10:51 PM

If won the CWS you'd be pissed. Where have you coached?????????????

You're insane if you think JL retires after going to a CWS***

May 21, 2015, 10:51 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: You're insane if you think JL retires after going to a CWS***

May 21, 2015, 10:53 PM

He's not retiring period. Know him too well to believe that. Doesn't mean that it's not the right thing to do. ...

May 21, 2015, 10:54 PM

Where have you coached?

May 21, 2015, 10:56 PM

I'd rather not give away too much info on here ....I'm sure you understand. But I'm close enough to go to any event in Clemson, any day of the week.

girls in easley?***

May 21, 2015, 11:00 PM [ in reply to Re: You're insane if you think JL retires after going to a CWS*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2015, 10:52 PM

What a F U ed post. Dang

Maybe our coaching is enough roster to beat Noles and Cards

May 21, 2015, 10:57 PM

but our talent fell a bit short in our Noles game.

Just say'n.

GO TIGERS! either way, I am proud of my Tigers and am glad they are playing well lately.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2015, 11:11 PM

I know you are just trolling, but...

why does the regular season matter at all? Baseball has a tournament that determines its champion.

May 21, 2015, 11:22 PM

What it shows is we have inconsistent pitching past our three weekend starters. The mid week games have hurt our record, because the young pitchers have been inconsistent. The outfielder have been outstanding all year the infield fielding has been plagued by two players who have most of the errors, but you can't take them out because of their bats.

Jack hasn't done anything to get fired or asked to step down and should be back next year.

May 22, 2015, 12:11 AM

Baseball doesn't matter to the powers that be at Clemson so expect to see the same results next year and the year after that,no better no worse.
DRAD has bigger fish to fry. Jack will be back. Hopefully we get to a Regional. Who knows with this team.
Go Tigers!!!

May 21, 2015, 11:34 PM

You are a complete & total idiot

lack of truly transcendent leadership...

May 21, 2015, 11:46 PM

there are some who have it, and a lot who don't.

there are some who can succeed for a time if conditions are right, then cannot adapt as the environment changes or advantages they once had no longer work.

there is nothing wrong with the talent on this team, never has been;

that should be obvious to all but the die-hard politicians among us who talk only about "loyalty", "respect," and "the past".

Merrill Lynch said it best: "Past performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance."

one telling point though for these guys is always the personal pride - their personal pride gets in the way of making the adaptations necessary to improve.

it also gets in the way of them recognizing that they are no longer the appropriate option for the job.

it is the nature of the beast.

Think maybe its coaching that developed them over a season?

May 22, 2015, 8:40 AM

nah, I don't either. Its just a matter of getting hot at the right time and catching FSU at the right time after they just lost a big series against UL. We went 2-2 against the Cards. Not exactly destroying them. The biggest difference over the last week is that Rohlman is on an absolute tear. That ball must look like a watermelon to him.

I think this little run proves exactly what we thought all along. We are a decent team good enough to beat anyone, but not great enough to not lose to the scrubs on the schedule. Great teams don't have to play their level best every game to win. We do. The definition of mediocre. This run at least lets Jack go out with some dignity. But it doesn't change the fact that a shake up is needed.

Re: Think maybe its coaching that developed them over a season?

May 22, 2015, 8:59 AM

great post! absolutely agree!!this team has made good improvement. This is what they should have been @ the start of the year

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2015, 8:54 AM

link to where we went .500?

While I wonder how we had so much obvious talent and didn't have a very good record. I believe it has more to do with the kids developing over the course of the year. We've obviously played our best ball late in the season. It's hard to get wins when either your pitching or hitting is struggling, not to mention our poor fielding %. The team has seemed to put it all together these last few weeks. And if we get into a regional I fully expect us to actually be "dangerous".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

May 22, 2015, 10:03 AM

Exiled2: I agree with you and ask the very same question. I have nothing against JL but it does appear that he makes many moves that are questionable to say the least. I don't give a darn that he's won 1,000 games--what has he done this year. When you look at our games the performances have been very inconsistent to say the least.
Don't let these homers on here get to you. your post was on the money IMO.

Replies: 17
| visibility 2,405
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic