Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It seems like quite a few brokers are short
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

It seems like quite a few brokers are short

Jan 6, 2017, 5:15 PM

if so expect to see prices go above $1500 tomorrow. Even if only 50 brokers need 20 tickets, that's a lot of demand for this supply. And some of them need 3/4/5 together. If you bought from a non-licensed broker on ebay who said he will deliver Sunday or Monday, you might want to get a plan B.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

bump***

Jan 6, 2017, 6:05 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why the bump? You also know it's in her best interest of ticket prices rise...

Jan 6, 2017, 6:13 PM

Take everything on the interwebs as theory, not fact. Even what I just said!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unicorns can shoot rainbows out of their vagína.

Jan 6, 2017, 6:17 PM

Actually, that one is true.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have almost no inventory left, I am simply telling you

Jan 6, 2017, 6:20 PM [ in reply to Why the bump? You also know it's in her best interest of ticket prices rise... ]

brokers are looking a lot more than usual. It is not like the super bowl in 2015 but there are quite a few brokers who are short. The eBay guys alone have sold 1000+ tickets. So, they either have to buy tickets or will just refund people's money like they did in Phoenix in 2011 and 2015.

IPTAY member - she is shooting straight...

Jan 6, 2017, 7:16 PM [ in reply to Why the bump? You also know it's in her best interest of ticket prices rise... ]

plus - you think she needs you for a profit? Dude...

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, not necessarily.

Jan 6, 2017, 7:24 PM

I'm sure her profits are already locked in regardless of what happens from here-on out.

However, I think individual sellers holding out for higher prices need her to scare the buyers holding out for cheaper prices.

Ticket prices will eventually drop; nobody wants to be holding unsold tickets. It's just a matter of WHEN.

Seriously ??? Relax dude. Good grief. Her supposed driving

Jan 6, 2017, 7:29 PM

up prices by posting on TigerNet ???

That kinda control on the market ????

Clueless.

Hey - Amy - thanks for the info.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

That's not where I was going with that. I appreciate her info and

Jan 6, 2017, 7:34 PM

I give her thumbs up on nearly all her posts (the ones that I see).

I'm specifically talking about the guy's motives for bumping the thread without actually adding anything new to the conversation. Hopefully you can see through that...

I'm also nowhere near clueless, but thanks for the ridicule.

Re: That's not where I was going with that. I appreciate her info and

Jan 6, 2017, 7:58 PM

We bought tickets last weekend off eBay. Corner seats in the end zone in the Iptay section allegedly. Paid significantly less than what most seem to be going for even today. Apparently the broker was short tickets. Gave us sideline seats on the bama side . "Says" he purchased tickets for nearly double what we originally paid. Sucks to be sitting with Bama fans but I'd sit in the Bama coaches box if I had to. We didn't go last year and have regretted it all year. Hopefully they'll be more orange than crimson there anyway!

Jan 6, 2017, 8:31 PM

If you don't mind me asking, who was the broker. I purchased from JockRocktix and I'm still nervous since I don't have tickets in hand.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2017, 8:34 PM

Guy was listed under buckeyetixx. Extremely nice.

Jan 6, 2017, 8:40 PM

I'm scared dude is gonna stiff me last minute. We paid $1460 for a pair of upper deck tickets. He gave me his number and we texted back a forth a good bit Wednesday night, but I texted him a few times today as well as messaged him on eBay and haven't gotten a response. I'm just gonna keep my fingers crossed that he's one of the honest people still left in the world.

Jan 6, 2017, 8:44 PM

Send me a message with the name. You should probably assume you don't have tickets.

Jan 6, 2017, 8:55 PM

Tmail sent

Jan 6, 2017, 8:43 PM [ in reply to Re: That's not where I was going with that. I appreciate her info and ]

Feel free to mail me for more info.

They have deep pockets but you should be nervous.

so frustrating

Jan 6, 2017, 8:42 PM [ in reply to Re: That's not where I was going with that. I appreciate her info and ]

They should give you what you bought. Name names and call them out.

I sold 10 four packs to clemson people Sunday for $750 each. They wanted to sit on clemson side. I filled orders today for $1350 each and $1275 each in 303/AA. The seats stink but that's what they bought so that's what they got.

Unfortunately, the broker you bought from is decent. You got tickets. 1000 or more who bought on ebay or other sites won't get tickets come Sunday/Monday.

I was wrong earlier this week. There are a lot more shorts than I suspected. These idiots from NY, MO, KS, AZ, etc. don't know the passion of Clemson fans. They don't even know college football.

There a lot more orders to fill than tickets.

Re: so frustrating

Jan 6, 2017, 8:44 PM

So my broker is ok and you think he's gonna come through?

Send me a name

Jan 6, 2017, 8:47 PM

But not you probably will not get tickets.

Jan 6, 2017, 11:33 PM [ in reply to so frustrating ]

So you're calling people idiots who short sold tickets and you did the same thing?

Idiots are people who short and have no plan to cover

Jan 7, 2017, 12:14 AM

I had hundreds of tickets but didn't know exactly where they would be . A lot of my Clemson tickets ended up being lowers and clubs that I thought would be uppers .

There are dozens of Brokers showing up in Tampa with no tickets and no plan. That is idiotic.

Re: Idiots are people who short and have no plan to cover

Jan 7, 2017, 8:20 AM

Amy, curious what you think the sidewalk/walk up market will be on Monday? Do you expect there to be a decent amount of tickets available outside the stadium? I know there are going to be a ton of buyers out there...it'll be a interesting scene.

show up, have fun, make memories

Jan 7, 2017, 9:12 AM

and plan on watching at a local place with lots of other Clemson people. I'm headed out soon. all of my orders are filled, tickets in people's hands.

Sold 1500 two years ago. sold 1100 last year. Only sold about 350 this year. Just not much inventory out there. Clemson demand this year was like Auburn demand in 2011.

Go Tigers. Beat Bama.

Jan 7, 2017, 2:21 PM [ in reply to so frustrating ]

This broker is clearly stating he did not have tickets in his possession at the time of the sale and had to purchase them at a higher price.

What - you questioning my motive?

Jan 6, 2017, 8:42 PM [ in reply to That's not where I was going with that. I appreciate her info and ]

dude - get lost. Thought it was valid info -

I wouldn't have seen it if he didn't bump it. The pages are

Jan 7, 2017, 1:32 AM [ in reply to That's not where I was going with that. I appreciate her info and ]

turning so fast right now.

So HE is helping his side or whatever by the bump ???

Lol ..... ridicule. Ok.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Thanks for the info***

Jan 6, 2017, 6:32 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Thanks for keeping us up to date on this...

Jan 6, 2017, 7:20 PM

You have been a trustworthy source for ticket info both last year and this year. Looking forward to continued updates from you!

Wait, so brokers don't take the fall if they can't get you

Jan 6, 2017, 11:49 PM

the tickets they promise? So they have no risk for their reward? They can't lose money? Why would anyone use them if so?

pretty unregulated industry

Jan 7, 2017, 9:09 AM

There is a NATB. National Assocaition of Ticket Brokers. If you buy from one of us, you are good.

If you don't, it's a crapshoot.

Re: It seems like quite a few brokers are short

Jan 7, 2017, 9:12 AM

Any suggestions for someone looking for a single? My current strategy is to keep looking at reputable broker sites until kickoff. My hope is that the fact that I'm just looking for a single and that could work to my favor but we'll see. Go tigers!

your best bet is check ebay often

Jan 7, 2017, 9:16 AM

quite a few bama fans deciding not to come and they post there or stubhub. You could pick up a single for $1200 or so if you buy quickly but remember brokers are looking there too so buy fast.

Pay with a credit card and hope the ticket is good. It probably will be but if it's not you will get your money back.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic