Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
secondary scalper thread
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

secondary scalper thread

Aug 27, 2019, 12:02 PM

how many of you generous IPTAY donors buy more tix than you actually need?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your question is inherently flawed

Aug 27, 2019, 12:03 PM

There are basic human necessities and sports tickets are not among them. So the word "need" is only intended to skew whatever point you are hoping to make in your favor.

Hth

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

so there's the first one***

Aug 27, 2019, 12:05 PM

No, I don't think you get it

Aug 27, 2019, 12:08 PM

How does one define "need" when it comes to football tickets? You asked the question, how are we supposed to answer it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Is this like the whole "Igloo vs. Yeti" debate?

Aug 27, 2019, 12:10 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

for example

Aug 27, 2019, 12:14 PM [ in reply to No, I don't think you get it ]

I have a family of 4, therefore, I really only need (nobody NEEDS football tix, but for the sake of answering your question) to be buying 4 tickets (1 for me, 1 for my wife, 1 for daughter, 1 for my son). If I'm buying 8 tickets, why am I purchasing the extra 4?

how many would you buy for your family of four intending for everyone to attend each game (knowing that sometimes something may come up and somebody may not be able to attend?

You have 4 extra tickets for sale?***

Aug 27, 2019, 12:18 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

$2500 each for the season

Aug 27, 2019, 12:21 PM

only willing to sell to a true fan, so we gotta prove that first

Thanks... seems like a fair deal..but more

Aug 27, 2019, 12:24 PM

Than I'm willing to pay.

Guess my wife and other 2 kids can watch it at tiger town tavern .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I have a family of 3 and I buy 6 tickets because that is

Aug 27, 2019, 12:24 PM [ in reply to for example ]

how many I "need." Inevitably we always have extended family, friends, etc that we invite to each game. My son, who's 11, likes to invite a friend or two to the games sometimes.

So to recap, I have a family of 3 and need 6 tickets.

so to my point somewhere in one of these threads

Aug 27, 2019, 12:28 PM

you buy what you actually intend to use which is totally cool in my book.

if you were buying more than 6 you'd be the person I'm talking about.

If I intend to use all 6 tickets, but in a given week

Aug 27, 2019, 12:35 PM

I can only use 4, can I not sell the other 2 tickets for as much as I want to?

i think that is fair.

Aug 27, 2019, 12:40 PM

my point is the tickets purchased with no intent to use whatsoever.

I'd also like to think that you have some fellow clemson folks that you'd hookup with normal pricing. maybe you wouldn't

i got my national championship tix BOGO from a clemson friend who was just happy to not eat the whole cost. he is likely going to be my 4th masters ticket this year. what goes around comes around.

Re: so to my point somewhere in one of these threads

Aug 27, 2019, 12:40 PM [ in reply to so to my point somewhere in one of these threads ]

Do you think the IPTAY office gives 2 hoots if a person "needs" the tickets? I haven't seen that question on the ticket application.

Here's the reality. A lot of "big donor" (and I'm not talking about the mega donors, I'm talking about the $5-$20K donors) own their own business. They buy the tickets and IPTAY donation through their business. Therefore, it can become a business expense for their company and a tax write-off. Their company has the cash so its no big deal to make the purchase. They can give the tickets to clients. If they don't, they can sell'm.

obviously IPTAY just wants the money

Aug 27, 2019, 12:46 PM

they'd sell them to Carolina fans if they would buy them.

the second part of your post is the issue at hand in the other thread that made me start this one. if a business is entertaining clients, i am cool with that. if they are buying them for the ability to write off the taxes and to profit, that's pretty much scalping and what people are frowning upon.

based on the tigernet ticket ads, i still stand by the belief that some people purchase tickets for the sole purpose of selling to offset their costs.

your being deployed scenario and purchasing to keep your tickets makes sense.
if you can't go because some idiot decides to get married and even worse does it during football season, i'd think you'd hook up a fellow fan at face and they'd return the favor somehow and not try and make $$$$$$ off of it.

there are truly ads on tigernet right now with nearly identical tickets on stubhub for less money. $125 on tigernet vs $89 on stubhub seems like someone is trying too hard to profit and not just get rid of a ticket that they can't use and re-coup some money in the process

Does your son need another friend?

Aug 27, 2019, 12:31 PM [ in reply to I have a family of 3 and I buy 6 tickets because that is ]

My 12year old can help... he's a little on the tubby side, but a good baseball player.

He likess to cuss alot on fortnite if that is a deal breaker.

Cussing is fine, but playing fortnite is the deal breaker***

Aug 27, 2019, 12:36 PM

I understand..I can't seem to break him of the habit

Aug 27, 2019, 12:41 PM

I miss the good ole days when your kids just smoked weed and stole your wine coolers.

This fortnite will destroy america.

It's already destroying America***

Aug 27, 2019, 12:56 PM

Okay, its my turn to ask...

Aug 27, 2019, 12:33 PM [ in reply to for example ]

... pigs of wife and daughter?

Oh, and I get 13 tickets, but my family will only go to ‘big’ games. And since I have no friends, my other 12 seats go empty for 3 or 4 games a season. I think it is not right to sell them, since so many - especially tnetters who don’t have an ‘R’ by their name - could never afford them anyway. It’s okay, tho; I’m a UDP’er, so the tv cameras never show my empty seats.....

hthia?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

I do.

Aug 27, 2019, 12:06 PM

But I typically give them to opposing fans so they can experience Clemson. I only do that with 8 of my tickets though. I usually sell the other 12.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Can we not retire the whole term 'scalper'

Aug 27, 2019, 12:09 PM

it really offends my jammies.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

opportunists?***

Aug 27, 2019, 12:15 PM

We get 8 together because when our kids get a little older

Aug 27, 2019, 12:11 PM

then they will come to the games and then in about 35 years, they will each have 2 kids who will come to the games. That means we actually need 2 more. It takes awhile to accumulate excellent seats all together.

In the meantime, with the wife nursing, me on dad duty, etc... we split them up into pairs and sell them for a pretty significant profit to people who don't donate to IPTAY and couldn't otherwise sit in these specific seats.

when you say 'nursing'?..........

Aug 27, 2019, 12:14 PM

It's actually annoying how good of a deal people who buy

Aug 27, 2019, 12:16 PM

tickets for only 4 times face value have it.

I feel like I'm the sucker.

and the supply and demand factor is definitely there

Aug 27, 2019, 12:21 PM

there are 398 For Sale ads on tigernet for GT game this week
there are 24 Want ads on tigernet for GT game this week

definitely worth paying $125 for a ticket with a face of $90

stubhub pricing is much more supply/demand accurate than tigernet tickets, and if i were able to go, I'd buy there and not from tigernet opportunists

Face value is $75***

maybe for season ticket holders

Aug 27, 2019, 12:47 PM

i was going by this:

https://clemsontigers.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3ACLEMSON%3AF19%3AF01%3A&linkID=clemson&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=F-SG&cgc=

When you say ‘sucker’...***

Aug 27, 2019, 12:36 PM [ in reply to It's actually annoying how good of a deal people who buy ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

To much need, what's that mean?

Aug 27, 2019, 12:13 PM

It's like a girl too pretty with to much class
Being too lucky, a car too fast

Re: secondary scalper thread

Well, technically I buy 7 more than I actually need. 1 is for my wife, 2 are for my son and daughter-in-law, 2 are for my daughter and son-in-law, and 2 are for a friend who buys season tix from me. if my son or daughter and spouse can't go, I sell them to a friend. Sales to friends are at face value. If no demand from friends I sell them on Tnet at market. And I NEVER sell to the opposition.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

in the true nature of the "scalper" threads

Aug 27, 2019, 12:49 PM

do you make the friend pay a portion of your IPTAY donation?

and I think that opting to sell to friends first at face is a good approach

Re: in the true nature of the "scalper" threads

Aug 27, 2019, 1:04 PM

No I don't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

I couldn't imagine selling a ticket to a friend.

Aug 27, 2019, 1:25 PM [ in reply to in the true nature of the "scalper" threads ]

I don't want my friend's money.

Aug 27, 2019, 1:25 PM

Did you get shafted on Charleston tickets too, OP?

Can’t go because of work

Aug 27, 2019, 1:32 PM

I tried to get some to scalp, but got shut out on those

I buy extra

Aug 27, 2019, 1:39 PM

but they seem to be used by somebody

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Aug 27, 2019, 2:41 PM

I was hoping we could get this problem settled so we could get back to the important stuff like do we want the $3. $4., or $5., cup of ice with ten cents worth of coke thrown in for free.

No one has asked nor have they even mentioned that when a game is not a sell-out, the ticket office has tickets at face value and one can avoid the scalpers. Almost all games last year had tickets available to the public.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic