Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
season tickets
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,656

season tickets

Jul 5, 2019, 9:25 AM

Does anyone else think season ticket sales are down? I was very surprised to see a&m tickets available for 3 game package purchase. This the biggest home game of the year and biggest since the opener in 2017 (Auburn). Usually only the secondary home game of the season such as SC is made available for purchase like this.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: season tickets

Jul 5, 2019, 9:34 AM

I would say this is the most cleaverly worded post in a good while.

Jul 5, 2019, 9:36 AM

He's not wrong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jul 5, 2019, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Re: season tickets ]

I think that could be taken as a compliment

Devil’s Advocate

Jul 5, 2019, 9:48 AM

What other home game on the schedule could you put as the centerpiece of a pack like that and expect them to sell? Who’s the 2nd best team on the home schedule? BC? FSU? Fact is A&M is the only home game where we’re going to be favored by less than 3 TD’s. If ticket sales are slower I’d say it’s more about the slate than anything else.

Re: Devil’s Advocate

Jul 5, 2019, 9:50 AM

I completely agree - the home slate is a little dry. The tougher games lately have been against smaller branded teams. But again, we're a school with increasing size + increasing fan base + coming off a national championship.

It’s also very difficult to get good season tix

Jul 5, 2019, 9:59 AM

Unless you’re ready to stroke a 5 digit check to IPTAY to get in the lower bowl. Nobody is giving up their seats so very few are coming open. This was at least the case in previous years, not sure about this year. But I understand why people wouldn’t want to pay the money or spend the time to go watch a quarter or a half of competitive football for most games.

Re: It’s also very difficult to get good season tix

Jul 5, 2019, 10:05 AM

It is not just about football, it is about being at Clemson on a Saturday afternoon.

These gotta be nosebleed seats by now.***

Jul 5, 2019, 10:04 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Jul 5, 2019, 11:44 AM

When we play at Scar, there are always some extra season tickets to sell....they will not be available next year because they will be held for Scar to sell to their minions. The number is being reduced to 8,000 for the visiting team I believe beginning this year which will free up a few for permanent assignment.

Jul 5, 2019, 12:00 PM

I'd be curious as to whether the tax deductible status of iptay donations impacted people's willingness to buy season tickets vs. purchasing only the games they want on the resale market. Maybe this is the year we see better seats for the smaller contributors?

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,656
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic