Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just saying....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,477

Just saying....

Jun 29, 2018, 9:51 AM

Can't believe Deshawn Watson didn't win the Heisman while at Clemson. I can almost see when he was a sophomore, the kid from Alabama had a great year and they did win the championship, but when Deshawn was a junior he was clearly the best player in college football. Jackson had a coach who would pad his stats, leave him in games they were ahead by 30, and that Louisville team lost what, 4, 5 games that year? The reason I bring it up is the stuff with Winston in the news. That piece of crap wins the Heisman and has the morals of a snake. Deshawn takes his first game check and gives it to the hurricane victims in Houston, Winston tries to rape an Uber driver. Just shows how stupid the media for college football is. Hell, they're the same media that thinks the coots will be "really good" this year.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heisman is a joke ... you have to have a mugshot on file

Jun 29, 2018, 9:55 AM

to win it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sad but true

Jun 29, 2018, 10:04 AM

but Lamar Jackson actually was pretty quiet off the field. No trouble out of him, which I respect. I don't agree he should have won, but I'm ok with him over Winston and Mayfield who cause trouble off the field.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: sad but true

Jun 29, 2018, 10:14 AM

It was best he was quiet of the field. You did hear his acceptance speech correct? Putting two sentences together was a challenge for that kid. Un-beeleebable.

Re: Heisman is a joke ... you have to have a mugshot on file

Jul 3, 2018, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Heisman is a joke ... you have to have a mugshot on file ]

I don't agree with it, but I'm also biased. At the same time this isn't cool. Jackson was a good kid and stayed out of trouble. When you don't have any other talented players on your team and you have to score 6 TD's by yourself to win, you get noticed.

Keep the prejudiced crap to yourself.

Media doesn't matter.

Jun 29, 2018, 10:05 AM

They only control the polls which don't matter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just saying....

Jun 29, 2018, 10:18 AM

And I can't believe you still can't spell his name correctly

I kid I kid. But really....it's Deshaun

Re: Just saying....

Jun 29, 2018, 11:13 AM

And those Heistman commercials they run in the Fall make it look like Animal House. I'm kind of glad DW4 is not in there with those slobs, though he was better than Action Jackson.

agreed. if you don't like this guys post

Jun 29, 2018, 11:55 AM

then you either are a reporter or you're too passive

Re: reporters/voters

Jul 3, 2018, 3:10 PM

Some reporter/voters would tell you that leadership and high moral character are not part of the criteria for the Heisman, like they are for other awards. (DW4 swept those other QB awards--the Unitas, Davey O'Brien and Manning.) So even if LJ hadn't been a decent kid, he still would have won. They point to Paul Hornung and others who were found low on "high moral character" after receiving the award and think that's the same as knowingly giving the award to a lowlife like Jameis or even Manziel.

Others would tell you that winning a lot of games isn't a prerequisite to be considered the best player--right after giving the award to a good RB on a great team who was certainly not the best player in America.

Still others would tell you that if you want an accurate vote, you don't track voters' opinions as early as September, and you don't allow final votes to be cast in early November (when Louisville was 7-1 before finishing the RS 8-4 and getting killed in a bowl game.)

Of course, others would tell you that DW4 was such an outlier, such an exception to every rule, that there's no reason to reform the Heisman voting system based on his injustice. On Dec 4, 2016, LJ and DW4 should walk into a room side by side. By Jan 15, 2017, LJ should bow graciously and allow Deshaun to walk 20 feet ahead, Heisman or not. Once you considered the postseason, only morons wouldn't vote for Deshaun. But the award is given prior to the CFP, which means it will grow increasingly meaningless. This is probably the most convincing argument these traditionalists will hear re. all the flaws in their voting system.

even further back

Jun 29, 2018, 1:20 PM

I still can't believe Spiller didn't win it. If he didn't win, the trophy should be melted down and sold as scrap metal.

Newton, Winston, Manziel, Jackson, etc. Who cares anymore?***

Jul 3, 2018, 2:39 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,477
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic