Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Has there ever been a bigger joke in college football than
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 65
| visibility 1

Has there ever been a bigger joke in college football than

Jun 12, 2019, 9:04 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Has there ever been a bigger joke in college football than

Jun 12, 2019, 9:09 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I have to agree with this. He has to have the best agent ever.***

Jun 12, 2019, 9:22 AM

How bout Jake and his SEC sportsmanship award

Jun 12, 2019, 9:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Has there ever been a bigger joke in college football than ]

Re: How bout Jake and his SEC sportsmanship award

Jun 12, 2019, 10:31 AM

Good ol' floppy c ock

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like the lineman on the ground hurt and nobody pays

Jun 12, 2019, 5:46 PM [ in reply to How bout Jake and his SEC sportsmanship award ]

him any attention. One coot walks right by to help ole fakey

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boy, oh Smackdown served you up a homer, didn't he?***

Jun 12, 2019, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Has there ever been a bigger joke in college football than ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2019, 9:10 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

This, makes me think of this........

Jun 12, 2019, 9:13 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

read his lips...

Jun 12, 2019, 4:15 PM

"OH...shytttt!!!"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: read his lips...

Jun 12, 2019, 4:28 PM

That’s a bad feeling at a football game with a stadium full of people and lines at the bathroom. Lol

Hope you guys are doing well my friend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: read his lips...

Jun 12, 2019, 6:04 PM

We're doing great!!!! Hope you two are as well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, of course!!! It's the.............

Jun 12, 2019, 9:10 AM

University of South Carolina "Fighting Gamecocks" football program.

Jun 12, 2019, 9:11 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2019, 9:14 AM

Chuck the Chest isn't a great head coach, but I like the guy. He brought enthusiasm.

Jun 12, 2019, 9:59 AM

chuck the chest also brought in a lot of development with the stadium renovation and other facility improvements for ncstate , he did leave a positive legacy I think , they just need someone to follow up, but they are in a tough position competing against three other nc schools for recruits , ..they have always played the role of spoiler and prob always will

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was like their Tommy Bowden

Jun 12, 2019, 11:31 AM

Except he actually won 10+ games in a season once (11 to be exact). He also went 3-9 once, but who's counting?

Jun 12, 2019, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Has there ever been a bigger joke in college football than ]

It's nice of him...

Jun 12, 2019, 9:17 AM

...to make little hand-field-goal-posts to remind his kicker about the miss.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think I have ever seen a coach who had a more

Jun 12, 2019, 9:19 AM

punchable face than that azzhat.

Chuck Amato had a 80's "Road House" cool about him

Jun 12, 2019, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Has there ever been a bigger joke in college football than ]

Hilarious picture! Point for you sir.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kirby Smart, epitome of a Red-Neck Georgia native that's gotten way beyond his station in life!

Jun 12, 2019, 9:11 AM

But gotta hand it to the Boy since he's set for life with $ even if he doesn't grab that Natty ring they are praying for in Athens.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kirby Smart, epitome of a Red-Neck Georgia native that's gotten way beyond his station in life!

Jun 12, 2019, 9:37 AM

Good thing. I don't think there is one in his future as a head coach.

Jun 12, 2019, 9:16 AM

Jun 12, 2019, 10:42 AM

I already have a personal memory of PJ in my feeble brain. It's his giving a push to the player he is sending in with the next play. It's a shame he never learned how to signal in the play like most coaches.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No juan?

Jun 12, 2019, 9:18 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Why would you post a pic of Danny Ford?

Jun 12, 2019, 9:20 AM

Don't bother changing it, I have already taken a screenshot

Re: No juan?

Jun 12, 2019, 9:42 AM [ in reply to No juan? ]

I burned that shirt years ago after seeing this picture. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good ole cussin' and cryin' syracuse coach

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/10/5/4806794/scott-shafer-syracuse-cussing-dabo-sweeney-clemson

no juan? really

Re: no juan? really

Jun 12, 2019, 9:23 AM

anyjuan know where I can get a hat like that?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: no juan? really I am shocked

Jun 12, 2019, 9:40 AM

they ever even sold one hat like that

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can say that again!***

Jun 12, 2019, 9:27 AM [ in reply to no juan? really ]

Re: You can say that again!***

Jun 12, 2019, 2:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Jun 12, 2019, 9:22 AM

I will miss that guy, signed Brent Venables.

Jun 12, 2019, 9:21 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Jun 12, 2019, 1:05 PM

If Michael Scott was a football coach.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jun 12, 2019, 9:24 AM

Screw Calford.

Jun 12, 2019, 11:20 AM

Hmm, just a little nervous twitch - he must have eaten too much chicken.

Jun 12, 2019, 4:17 PM

Hmm, just a little nervous twitch - he must have eaten too much chicken.

Or boogers.....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm on board (30+ years now)....Can we change our rival?

Jun 12, 2019, 9:27 AM

UGA is a much more worthy opponent. Always have been. They're closer. And their fans are just like coots, only with at least half an excuse to act that way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2019, 9:43 AM

Boo!

Jun 12, 2019, 10:22 AM

Really, no one said this:

For things like this:
https://www.insidehighered.com/sites/default/server_files/media/PennState2.PNG

or things like that:

Yes

Jun 12, 2019, 10:28 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For that post, you have officially earned some

Jun 12, 2019, 10:34 AM

Some folk, just don't internet so good.***

Jun 12, 2019, 10:40 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so well

Jun 12, 2019, 11:13 AM

idjit

signed cutigerbob®

Re: For that post, you have officially earned some

Jun 12, 2019, 12:41 PM [ in reply to For that post, you have officially earned some ]

I love the smell of FailNog in the morning

Not the infamous

Jun 12, 2019, 9:44 PM [ in reply to For that post, you have officially earned some ]

Fail Nog!!!! Classic!!

Message was edited by: MyfavOrange®

Is that Gilad? ***

Jun 12, 2019, 11:46 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2019, 12:09 PM

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/0SmA9UjWsXygflgXjx6VEykwUys=/0x0:3319x2275/1200x800/filters:focal(1395x873:1925x1403)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/56956117/usa_today_10025362.0.jpg

Please explain ... know it's easy to make fun of folks when you are on top ... but let's take a quick look of Kirby's first three season and Dabo's first three (full - just to give him a head start) seasons:

Smart 2016: 8-5 Final Poll - Unranked
Swinney 2009: 9-5 Final Poll - 24th

Smart 2017: 13-2 Final Poll - 2
Swinney 2010 6-7 Final Poll - Unranked

Smart 2018: 11-3 Final Poll - 7
Swinney 2011 10-4 Final Poll 22

Overall:

Smart - .762 winning percentage
Swinney - .610 winning percentage

Smack is okay. I understand but this one has me stumped ... If Kirby is a joke after 3 seasons what was Dabo?

Dabo went from a POSITION coach, to an interim HC, to a HC

Jun 12, 2019, 12:52 PM

in about 3 months. You simply cannot compare his first 3 years to someone that was a coordinator at the biggest program in the country. Apples to oranges.

Not to mention, Kirby inherited a roster FULL of 4 and 5 star athletes. Dabo inherited a roster of 3 stars that he built into the top program in the country.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo went from a POSITION coach, to an interim HC, to a HC

Jun 12, 2019, 12:55 PM

in about 3 months. You simply cannot compare his first 3 years to someone that was a coordinator at the biggest program in the country. Apples to oranges.

Not to mention, Kirby inherited a roster FULL of 4 and 5 star athletes. Dabo inherited a roster of 3 stars that he built into the top program in the country.

Then that would not be first three full seasons ... your premise is based on conjecture ...

Could be right and could be as easily wrong.

I don't think Kirby is a joke (by any stretch)

Jun 12, 2019, 1:09 PM

but comparing their first 3 years is ridiculous. I don't care enough to pull the data, but I can promise you their rosters were VERY different. And Dabo had a significantly more challenging learning curve.

Kirby has a LONG way to go before matching anything on Dabo's resume.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same bait, same hole and I still catch the same fish every time.

Jun 12, 2019, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo went from a POSITION coach, to an interim HC, to a HC ]

It never gets old.

Re: Same bait, same hole and I still catch the same fish every time.

Jun 12, 2019, 1:39 PM

Honestly I was beginning to worry.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Same bait, same hole and I still catch the same fish every time.

Jun 12, 2019, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Same bait, same hole and I still catch the same fish every time. ]

That says more about you than me. I have been a long term supporter of Clemson ... for many reasons and have enjoyed spending many of off seasons here. Have a tendency to call BS when I see BS.

Keeping it real ... Clemson is in a great spot and has done remarkable things over the past 3-4 seasons and potentially has a quarterback that will follow in the footsteps of Peyton Manning.

Don't usually give in to trolling but from time to time it is so far off base ... I just can't help myself. Sadly, TigerNet has become more of a Smack Board than Football Board ... the more clicks the better ... I guess.

Man I’m having fun with you.

Jun 12, 2019, 2:27 PM

I’m not a loudmouth fan that makes Clemson look bad. An internet message board is an appropriate place to to talk trash with people who can laugh about it. Georgia fans have trolled our boards for years. If it weren’t for that I would never post much of anything about a team that is not on our schedule.

Re: Man I’m having fun with you.

Jun 12, 2019, 5:33 PM

What should a Georgia fan expect on TigerNet ... lol

As you can probably tell I am a fan of Clemson also ... but if the two ever play ... make no mistake ...

Re: Dabo went from a POSITION coach, to an interim HC, to a HC

Jun 12, 2019, 1:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo went from a POSITION coach, to an interim HC, to a HC ]

In the previous 5 seasons before kirby, UGA had THREE 10 or 10+ win seasons, was ranked in the top 10 or top 5. And likely payed in a pro-type BCS "playoff" game that was the 2012 SEC championship. During those 5 season, they average 9.8 wins a season. Even looking back further, UGA had NINE top 10 season leading up to Kirby, including a few SEC titles. Georgia was a near miss program before Kirby. Kirby just misses with more style.

In contrast, Clemson had not had a 10 win season since Ken Hatfield in 1990. Tommy did ok-ish. Winning about 8 game a season but only finished above 5-3 ONCE in the years before dabo (compare that to Richt's 9 seasons of being 6-2 or better).

All we can say is that Kirby could squeeze one additional win out of Mark Ricth's kids than Richt. That being said, Richt could beat both Bama or Saban (just not Florida). I don't know how Smart can keep it going as Richt was an all-time great but bridesmade. Had there been a CFP in his early 2000s era, he would have likely won a title (2002 or 2007) and there would be a different discussion about his legacy.

Dabo was building our program the right way. Not giving out

Jun 13, 2019, 2:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Has there ever been a bigger joke in college football than ]

Land deeds and Ford Raptors.

He also didn’t have the benefit of being in the worst division in college football those years.

He's way better than their fanbase.***

Jun 12, 2019, 12:09 PM

wow... I can't believe nobody thought of this "guy"...

Jun 12, 2019, 1:24 PM

lane 'friggin" kiffin

Of course! Joey Freshwater!***

Jun 12, 2019, 1:52 PM

What? That man is smart!***

Jun 12, 2019, 4:13 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 65
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic