Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cave on Tillman.... Clemson will be next
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Cave on Tillman.... Clemson will be next

Jan 14, 2015, 7:12 PM

Oh yes...Thomas green Clemson will have skeletons in his closet resurrected...fffffkkkkk PC

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cave on Tillman.... Clemson will be next

Jan 14, 2015, 7:18 PM

Exactly my feelings about PC

Clemson was a slave owner and confederate soldier

Jan 14, 2015, 7:21 PM

he lucked up and married a rich woman who died and left him a lot of land

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#### we love belittling the dead who can't defend themselves.

Jan 14, 2015, 7:25 PM

It's a pleasure to be around all these perfect sinless individuals. Thomas G Clemson did at least one great thing, and we enjoy it to this day. How many great things have some of you accomplished? Candy crush scores don't count.

I'm not belittling him at all. He was generous enough

Jan 14, 2015, 7:31 PM

to donate the land and Fort Hill for what is now Clemson University.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson was a slave owner and confederate soldier

Jan 14, 2015, 7:26 PM [ in reply to Clemson was a slave owner and confederate soldier ]

Actually was a Yankee blue blood statesmen from philly...who denounced his citizenship and joined the confederacy......dude may not have been as wealthy as the Calhouns....but he was no sharecropper!

Jan 14, 2015, 7:34 PM

Nowhere in America today is there a man, woman, or child that has ever owned a slave. Slavery was wrong and no man should ever be owned by another. But to my point instead of burying the past, it should be embraced so that it is never repeated. As for racism, it will never stop. It will always exist as long as different races of people inhabit this earth. It has existed since the beginning of time. If you study history books, it has existed between races of the middle east, Europe, etc for centuries. The key to our survival as a country, is to teach our young people tolerance and be respectful of other races and quit trying to shove an agenda through on society. Rant over.

race relations are worse today than they were in the 80s....

Jan 14, 2015, 7:37 PM

Thank you PC movement!

Re: race relations are worse today than they were in the 80s....

Jan 14, 2015, 7:38 PM

They are worse than 2008.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder why............***

Jan 14, 2015, 8:06 PM

Re: race relations are worse today than they were in the 80s....

Jan 14, 2015, 7:41 PM [ in reply to race relations are worse today than they were in the 80s.... ]

I agree with you. When you have an administration in Washington that has used it as a tool along with hate mongers who use it to make a living (Sharpton) you cannot expect it to change. It's like a sore that startsto heal only to be picked at and festers back up.

Jan 14, 2015, 8:23 PM

I think people need to wake up here. Unfortunately, slavery is a part of the past and to a degree it has been accepted as "just a part of history" with our historical figures.

People need to realize that Tillman doesn't fall into that category. He was a leader of the Redshirts, which were basically a more militarized version of the KKK, and bragged about killing blacks. He said beautiful gems such as this (in reference to Booker T Washington):

The action of President Roosevelt in entertaining that n*gger will necessitate our killing a thousand n*ggers in the South before they learn their place again.

While racism & slavery was part of our past, Tillman's legacy was largely defined by how much of a dirtbag he was.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic