Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: ESPN talks about Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,966

Football Update: ESPN talks about Clemson

Nov 14, 2011, 11:47 AM

ESPN talks about Clemson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: ESPN talks about Clemson

Nov 14, 2011, 11:54 AM

I can see a path to get us to 3rd in the BCS by seasons end.. I just cant see anything to get us to 2nd. Nice to be in the convo though.

Re: Football Update: ESPN talks about Clemson- shocked

Nov 14, 2011, 12:05 PM

our defeated teams have a virtual break even cumulative record. I would have though it much better than that given the tough schedule we have played. not that we have any control over how FSU, Aub, WF, wtc play. we did all we could do there

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

probably just me

Nov 14, 2011, 1:17 PM

but alabama, VT, boise state, oklahoma should be immediately dismissed because they lost at home. when it comes to deciding on who should have a chance to play in a championship, home losses should be inexcusable. if you can't hold serve at home, can't win your division, can't win your conference, you have no business staking a claim to a national championship.

Re: probably just me

Nov 14, 2011, 1:46 PM

Should definitely factor to the negative side. ESPN siting Clemson giving up so many points to teams in games we won,... What about OK St. They constantly beat the drum about defense because the only SEC team with great offense is Arkansas. A very good defensive team with a couple of big plays could beat #3 Bama. I'm pulling for the Hogs to beat LSU giving Bama the best BCS ranking from the SEC West and sending them to a matchup and loss against the Dawgs for the SEC crown. USC beats Oregon and OK St. wins out. Hogs and LSU are left hanging because they couldn't even win their division. Clemson wins out and is undisputed ACC champion. BCS title game: OK St. vs. Clemson. It's a long shot but not totally inconceivable. The SEC has 3 teams in play but whoever they choose from the West had better win the SECCG.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2011, 2:33 PM

with the way voters are in the BCS, I wouldn't be surprised if Georgia jumped us if all of that went down the way you just explained it. We showed up flat against GT, and paid the price. We still have work to be done! Lets beat the Pack!

Nov 14, 2011, 2:44 PM

Simple as that. Beat the 'pack. The rest will take care of itself.

Nov 14, 2011, 3:11 PM

YEP! you cannot look past anybody! You never know which team you will get with NC St. The crappy one, or the not nearly as bad but still crappy one.

Nov 14, 2011, 6:32 PM [ in reply to probably just me ]

TU! Very good points!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,966
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic