Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Swinney recaps "weird" day against BC, previews Virginia Tech
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

New Story: Swinney recaps "weird" day against BC, previews Virginia Tech

Sep 24, 2017, 6:58 PM

Swinney recaps "weird" day against BC, previews Virginia Tech

The Tigers haven’t played their best game of the season. They will have to play well next week when they travel to Blacksburg, Virginia, to take on Virginia Tech in what head coach Dabo Swinney says will be an exciting environment. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Swinney recaps "weird" day against BC, previews Virginia Tech

Sep 24, 2017, 7:06 PM
Clemson.jpg(90.9 K)

Good read and to the point** the best is yet to come !!!

Re: New Story: Swinney recaps "weird" day against BC, previews Virginia Tech

Sep 24, 2017, 7:50 PM

Right on coach. I notice he didn't address conservative play calling at times and multiple QB draws. I think it is relevant. Maybe it was zone read decisions that experience will help.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Notre Dame's QB had something like 260 yes rushing

Sep 24, 2017, 7:56 PM

against BC. I think our plan was to try to do the same, hence all the designed runs by Kelly B. I also think he pulled it in and ran a few times too many, maybe because of good coverage by BC, or due to pressure, or just inexperience.

Re: Notre Dame's QB had something like 260 yes rushing

Sep 24, 2017, 8:07 PM

Agree. No need to explain sticking with the game plan - run the ball and wear down the defense. Especially when the result is a 27 point win! A couple of weeks ago Dabo said he'd be happy to win 3-2. If it's good enough for him it's good enough for me.

Re: Notre Dame's QB had something like 260 yes rushing

Sep 24, 2017, 8:28 PM

He said he would be happy with a 3-2 win over Louisville. Not BC

What about this score? Think Dabo's ok with it?

Sep 24, 2017, 8:34 PM
image.jpg(51.9 K)

null

Message was edited by: CootSmackdown16

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

players of the game

Sep 24, 2017, 8:21 PM

"Offense: Travis Etienne and the entire offensive line."

Was Dabo sniffing glue on the sideline. He makes a big deal about 340 rushing yards, but about 200 of those yards came in the last 10 minutes of game he game. We had less than 300 yards of offense 5 minutes into the 4th quarter. I agree with the assessment of Etienne, but that OL played like garbage for the first 50 minutes of the game. Maybe a few good moments in that 50 minutes, but mostly they looked #### poor. Bryant was always under pressure, and they rarely opened a hole for more than half a second. What he heck is he talks not about?

Re: players of the game

Sep 24, 2017, 9:18 PM

I'm glad you're not our Head Coach. I played for one like you----Negative Nellie!!!

Get their attention Dabo and let's go win another one on the road!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2017, 9:24 PM

I'm glad I'm not the coach as well, Dabo is a much better coach than I am. That doesn't change the fact that for most of the game the OL was horrible and the majority of the stats came in the last few minutes.

We all know that Lamar Jackson played horrible against us last week, but if you look at just the stats he had over 300 yards passing and near 100 rushing. If Petrino came out and said that a Jackson played great we'd all laugh at his delusion.

Sep 25, 2017, 8:48 AM

To be fair, and correct, we also know that Jackson did what he did in the fourth quarter against our second and third teams. We did what we did against BC's starters. I'm sure our coaches and players know there is room for improvement from preparation to execution to game planning. I think from here on out, our opponent's game plan will be to load the box, stop the run, and make Kelly beat them by passing the ball. VT will be tough because they usually have a secondary that can cover.

Sep 25, 2017, 12:10 PM

Also, Action Jackson is the Heistman winner. KB is still learning.

Sep 24, 2017, 9:37 PM [ in reply to players of the game ]

We tend to forget how anemic our team looked on offense against Troy, NC State and Pittsburgh in 2016. The National Champion Clemson Tigers struggled through these and found ways to win late and one time lose late. Young men have a lot going that we tend to forget. I thought going to class and studying was a full time job when I was at Clemson, which also included a nap each day. Oh, so you expect me to be up early, lift weights, practice, watch film??? How do these guys do it all, make good grades and make it look easy. Dabo can't wear them out early in the year by whipping them hard to win the Kentucky Derby every week when they only need a 3 minute lap around the track. Dabo will have their attention this week as he should. Can't wait to watch.

Sep 24, 2017, 9:53 PM

Eh, I like where your head's at, but Clemson had 630 yards vs Pitt, including 580 yards Passing. Not very anemic. Rushing sucked, but rushing game sucked all year last year. Clemson also had 495 yards vs NCST. Offense wasn't anemic, it was TO-prone (3 fumbles and an INT).

No offense T6 - do not expect u to compete with player sched

Sep 24, 2017, 9:57 PM [ in reply to Re: players of the game ]

And do not expect you are a great athlete. And do not expect you had a full-time tutor. I expect you are a class act Tiger and were a good student - a lot to be proud of. You are leaving out last year's team had Deshaun who corrected a lot of coaching calls with audibles on the field. KB does not have that experience, flexibility or leeway. This puts more pressure on play calls. Giving credit where it's do, ETN allowed Clemson to pull away after coaches finally put him in the game. Seriously though I like your Kentucky Derby analogy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's stay in point and talk this year please

Sep 25, 2017, 7:09 AM

No one has directly addressed his point about the OL play. I know they ended up doing what they needed to do and plowed BC over in the 4th, but what about the first 50 minutes? I also was concerned with the pressure that BC was getting. He has a point. What did you guys think about it?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Re: Let's stay in point and talk this year please

Sep 25, 2017, 7:27 AM

I don't really comment on these boards, but I too thought the OL struggled for majority of the game. Pass rush is what caused Kelly B to throw those two INT. Had the two INT not been thrown, I think the score would have been way more lopsided. Those were two drives that had a spark, and would have resulted in points. I really like the way this team is looking right now overall. They have exceeded my expectations, and I have now moved my expectation bar a little higher for these guys. I think we all have. Go Tigers!

Re: Let's stay in point and talk this year please

Sep 25, 2017, 9:32 AM [ in reply to Let's stay in point and talk this year please ]

The game plan was to wear down the opponent. That takes time and the rewards do not show on the scoreboard until late in the game. Probably what Dabo meant - the o-line did exactly what was asked of them.

Sep 25, 2017, 12:27 PM [ in reply to players of the game ]

Yea really strange the way the first three quarters were so sluggish and then, bam! - 4th quarter explosion. It was like they had been chipping away at a ### and it just suddenly gave way. If this was due to the cumulative effect of repeatedly pounding on their dline until they cracked then I would have to agree with Dabo; our o-line deserves credit for their physical and mental persistence with the results of their efforts not being apparent until much later in the game.

Hearing Dabo voice some of my observations

Sep 25, 2017, 7:41 AM

So, I'm thinking I am getting better at analysis and coaching. Perhaps in a couple more games, I can be 'next man up' if Dabo goes down due to injury!

Really good to hear that our banged up guys don't sound too serious, and even more encouraging that due to our depth, other player's are able to step up.

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

WE WON! Next game please.***

Sep 25, 2017, 11:56 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic