Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
pay for play - my plan
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,143

pay for play - my plan

Oct 3, 2019, 12:04 PM

If you take money - then you must pay the school for all expenses on your behalf. tuition, room, board, trainers, tutors, equipment, coaches, etc. etc.
anything after that - fine - keep it.

or - I prefer this way.

if you want to be a pro - then fine - go play in a pro league. There are semi pro teams out there - and no doubt the NFL - would set up some sort of lower farm system for people who clearly don't belong in college. (aka - a lot of the SEC players).

If you want to go to college - can make the grades - value education and the contacts you will make along the way - then come on. If you don't value those things - then go away.

yes, it will temporarily hurt the product. But - within a short time - we will adjust to the small percentage of the talent being gone and will simply recalibrate when measuring against our competition. The vast majority of the players attend college for the right reasons.

IMO - the road being traveled will change the game I love. Not sure why the states are putting potential laws to do this. what do they hope to gain? Have they thought of the ramifications?

I just do not get it. I hear it - just don't get it.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: pay for play - my plan

Oct 3, 2019, 12:47 PM

You're telling me all those players in the SEC with criminology majors don't value their education?!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol - maybe a few

Oct 3, 2019, 1:07 PM

definitely the advanced haircombing and grass watering degrees as well.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2019, 1:18 PM

That is exactly what Universities have been telling players for years. The problem is the NFL has a monopoly on professional football and sees no need to pay money for a developmental league when the NCAA will do it for free. Lawmakers and players should be suing the NFL, not Universities. The XFL said they will pay players out of high school. If they make it to 2023 that will give the NCAA an avenue to show players who want to be paid can be.

null

Oct 3, 2019, 1:40 PM

SAY IT LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK!!!!

Oct 3, 2019, 1:42 PM

Something tells me that the people pushing for these rule changes aren't overly concerned about the fan's viewing experience...

If the talent you spoke about actually went to a minor

Oct 3, 2019, 4:25 PM

league pro team, college football would never see it, and would go on relatively unscathed. That, to me would be better for the game than what we are likely to have happen. I actually would prefer the minor league system to pay for play in college.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2019, 9:26 PM

The NCAA could do that tomorrow, if they wanted to.

Just tie scholarships to graduation. My plan is when a kid signs he counts against the limit (85, 15, whatever the particular limit is for the sport) for 6 years or until he graduates.

But, the NCAA doesn't want to do that. They want the one and doners and the 5 star kids who leave for the NFL early to go to NCAA schools. They don't want the NFL to set up a minor league. They don't want the G-league to recruit the one and doners.

Blame the NCAA. They have the power to fix the problem. But, the problem is, they don't think it's a problem.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,143
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic