Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
over 40 Oklahoma Players spitting on the Clemson Endzone
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

over 40 Oklahoma Players spitting on the Clemson Endzone

Jan 1, 2016, 11:26 PM

and then some kneeled as if to be praying, some where even spitting as they kneeled. Baker Mayfield led them and was the last to get up and go back to their bench. Did anyone beside me and those around me notice this behavior? Wish I had video taped it, but I was just too shocked to think about that. It happened just before the kickoff as the sooners took the field if I remember correctly, but it did happen. In the corner of the Clemson endzone right in front of the Clemson Section 122. I was in row 17 and had a uh, Great view LOL.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: over 40 Oklahoma Players spitting on the Clemson Endzone

Jan 1, 2016, 11:29 PM

I was in the club level in that end zone. I saw them. Didn't know the were spitting. Did think it was odd for that many to come and pray in the end zone.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2016, 11:32 PM

Everyone around us were shocked.

They weren't praying

Jan 1, 2016, 11:33 PM [ in reply to Re: over 40 Oklahoma Players spitting on the Clemson Endzone ]

They just wanted to have a good look at the end zone because they knew they wouldn't see it again

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Praying in their own spit pregame, drowning in their own tears post-game.

#### 'em.

LOL***

they all got sent home***

Jan 1, 2016, 11:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2016, 11:34 PM

Noticed this as well...some were kneeling but just staring down the crowd. If I remember correctly I think FSU did this same thing in the endzone by the hill before the game this season, not sure about the spitting part though. That was the only other time I can remember that many guys doing that.

Jan 1, 2016, 11:36 PM

Yep some were acting out towards the crowd too.

Saw them go kneel but not the spitting. I was far away..

Jan 1, 2016, 11:35 PM

I did think it odd they went to the Clemson endzone in front of all CU fans to pray, when they could've prayed in their endzone in front of their fans. I didn't make much of it though. Maybe they were just spitting while praying? Didn't seem like they tried to taunt or anything?

Re: Saw them go kneel but not the spitting. I was far away..

Jan 3, 2016, 4:56 PM

Thought it to be very odd. They said nothing and did not appear to be overtly taunting. However it made no sense. I would like to know why they came to our endzone moments before kick.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Saw them go kneel but not the spitting. I was far away..

Jan 3, 2016, 5:05 PM

They were praying that they would not get the beating like the previous time they played. Also trying to get sympathy from the Clemson fans.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2016, 11:43 PM

That team was worried about everything except actually preparing and executing in the actual game. Pathetic team really. They were more worried about last year and the tombstone and TTech's/TCU's recruiting tactics than a national semi-final. I'm surprised the coach isn't getting blasted. Not to mention they quit half way through the 4th quarter

Jan 1, 2016, 11:58 PM

I have a real good friend whose son is a red shirt on the OU team and was dressed for the game. I am going to ask him what was going on with the end zone deal. He did not, nor would not participate in anything disrespectful of an opponent. He flew home today.

Jan 2, 2016, 12:36 AM

Would love to hear what he says.

Jan 3, 2016, 11:40 AM

This is a late reply, but my friend told me that they have a very active FCA chapter at OU just like Clemson, but Clemson's is the largest in the country. Anyway, he said the prayerful "side" of the team has a game time ritual of kneeling in an end zonebefore every game and saying a prayer before the game. He said as far as the spitting that may have been observed, that is not meant as anything disrespectful towards anyone, but is just one of those unconscious kind of things that many athletes do that might not be very attractive when seen by others.

Interestingly enough,the player I contacted has two sisters who are Clemson students. One graduated a year ago and the other is still a student there.

Its a small world.

I call bull chit, stomping like bulls, hocking and spitting

Jan 3, 2016, 4:42 PM

jawing with the clemson fans in our Clemson painted endzone in which they had to cross the length of the field to get to? Why not just stop infront of their own fans in their own end zone. LMAO

Re: I call bull chit, stomping like bulls, hocking and spitting

Jan 3, 2016, 7:38 PM

Getting into it with fans, which we do too is different from praying and spitting. We beat them, why try to belittle our opponent. It just means we beat a lesser opponent when we do that.

Saw Mayfield kneeling on tv before the game, they just...

Jan 3, 2016, 11:45 AM

showed it for a second. OU players talked a lot of trash in the first half. I'm glad they cut that out in the second half. Don't know what happened for the OU players to tone it down in the second half. Was surprised the way OU has talked trash the past two years, that's just not something you see out of their program or fans. It comes from Stoops Ohio roots. People from Ohio are the most arrogant people from any state in the country

Re: Saw Mayfield kneeling on tv before the game, they just...

Jan 3, 2016, 7:43 PM

They definitely have some high octane trash talkers on the OU team. Imagine Stoops got in their face at half and tried to reign em in, but it wasn't enough to make a difference. All that talk just motivates your opponent.It worked for us in Miami. I recall Clowney was like that. He ran his mouth, according to a USC player I knew, from the time he went on the field until he came off the field.

Jan 3, 2016, 2:25 PM

I guess they prefer to spit rather than swallow.

So? Clemson ripped off their heads and chit down their...

Jan 3, 2016, 7:44 PM

neck hole. A little spit never hurt anybody.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2016, 8:54 PM

Yeah I saw it happen, #5 for OU really stood out because he was spitting, stomping & talking trash to fans in the end zone.

Jan 3, 2016, 9:42 PM

I thought they were praying and I was there but in upper deck.

Jan 3, 2016, 10:19 PM

Some clearly were but others apparently had other actions in mind. Like I said, at least some of the guys pray before every game in an end zone. OU ritual for some of them.

Jan 3, 2016, 10:31 PM

I thought it might have been post game. Then it would have been snot bubbles and tears.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2016, 6:36 AM

I am trying to guess your age and IQ

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic