Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Vegas odds on Clemson's win total in 2016
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

FB Update: Vegas odds on Clemson's win total in 2016

May 19, 2016, 3:15 PM

Vegas odds on Clemson's win total in 2016

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Vegas odds on Clemson's win total in 2016

May 19, 2016, 3:17 PM

LOLOLOL Tennessee at 10 wins??? Tennessee under all day, errday....that's money in the bank.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

I'm delighted to think you can "laugh out loud" at

May 19, 2016, 3:27 PM

Tennessee, who has been a part of the SEC since time out of mind.

Courtesy, guy. Save the juvie mean-tweet posts for a team that doesn't warrant your respect, or turn in your orange shirt...if you actually have one.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Wonder if the gamecocks are projected,

May 19, 2016, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Vegas odds on Clemson's win total in 2016 ]

to improve on last year's season and have four wins this year!

It's doable:

May 19, 2016, 3:29 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Vegas odds on Clemson's win total in 2016 ]

Assume they lose to Bama and UGA but could win the rest. SEC East ain't very hard.

2016 Tennessee Football Schedule

Sept. 3 vs. APPALACHIAN STATE
Sept. 10 vs. Virginia Tech (Battle at Bristol)
Sept. 17 vs. OHIO
Sept. 24 vs. FLORIDA*
Oct. 1 at Georgia*
Oct. 8 at Texas A&M*
Oct. 15 vs. ALABAMA*
Oct. 29 at South Carolina*
Nov. 5 vs. TENNESSEE TECH
Nov. 12 vs. KENTUCKY*
Nov. 19 vs. MISSOURI*
Nov. 26 at Vanderbilt*

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's doable:

May 19, 2016, 3:32 PM

I think it is more doable to collect the Under by the 2nd of October.

May 19, 2016, 3:33 PM [ in reply to It's doable: ]

tennessee will find a way to screw the pooch.I see 8 wins at most on that schedule.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Curious about Bristol ...

May 19, 2016, 5:03 PM [ in reply to It's doable: ]

Are there going to be bleachers on the infield or on the track?

Otherwise, the fans are going to be far away from the actual game. That is, I assume it is in the middle of the infield.

Re: Curious about Bristol ...

May 20, 2016, 8:13 AM

I live here in Knoxville and I'm pretty sure that they are using the regular seats and not bringing in any temporary seats. And, you're right, the fans are going to be a long way away from the field. A lot of folks that I know here aren't even going to the game, which is 1 1/2 hours away. Personally, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near Bristol that day because traffic is going to be a big mess.

MT

May 20, 2016, 9:45 AM [ in reply to It's doable: ]

I see them losing against VT, UGA, Bama, and they #### the bed against another.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

I can see them doing it.

May 24, 2016, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Vegas odds on Clemson's win total in 2016 ]

I think they lose to VTech and might split Georgia and Alabama.

Tennessee plays in the SEC's minor affiliate league,

May 19, 2016, 5:10 PM

AKA the SEC East. 10 wins is very possible for them in that division.

okay I want to take the bet at the golden nuggett

May 20, 2016, 12:11 AM

On the amount of games Clemson will win. First can this be done online? Second with odds what would my return be if I invested 1k

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Re: okay I want to take the bet at the golden nuggett

May 20, 2016, 8:21 AM

120 under (120 to win 100)
100 over (100 to win 100)

Next time, vote Jabba like you're supposed to.

Re: okay I want to take the bet at the golden nuggett

May 20, 2016, 8:24 AM [ in reply to okay I want to take the bet at the golden nuggett ]

1) Can you make the bet online? No. That's illegal. You'd have to make the bet in Vegas or wherever sports betting is legal.

2) What is the return on a winning bet? It's an Over/Under. You pick either Over 10 wins or Under 10 wins and you win your bet amount. Usually a Push (exactly 10 wins in this case) means you neither win nor lose. But some bookies call a Push a Loser. If you lose, you pay 110% of your bet. In your situation, if you lose, you'd pay $1,100.

Clemson is an 8:1 odds to win the CFP next year. So if you really think Clemson is going to win a lot of games, betting your $1,000 to win $8,000 might be more appealing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you were to actually bet 1000 on the over at -120

May 20, 2016, 8:31 AM [ in reply to okay I want to take the bet at the golden nuggett ]

you would win $833 if Clemson won 11+ games, lose $1000 if they won 9 or fewer, and i assume you would get your money back for a push if Clemson won 10 games, but you would need to check that to be sure.

I think it's also just based on the 12 game regular season.

May 20, 2016, 8:27 AM

I think that UT can get to 10 - 11 wins with their schedule this year. If Dobbs doesn't learn how to throw any better and teams can make them one dimensional, they could have problems. Key games for them are:

* Florida @ home. They've found every possibly way to lose to the Gators and I'm pretty sure that the Gators have beaten them something like 10 - 11 straight times.
* Georgia in Athens. They beat UGA at home last year, so there is going to be the revenge factor for UGA.
* Bama @ home. Well, it's Bama. Not many teams in the SEC outside of Ole Miss have found a way to beat Bama the last several years. The Vols fans have this one marked on their calendar. I think that UT is still took one dimensional to beat Bama's overall talent, but with the crowd behind them, maybe?

Living here in Knoxville, most UT fans (that I know) give Clemson props for the program that we've built and most really like Dabo (how he handles himself, what he stands for, etc.). Most are not too happy that we've come into the state and are making some legitimate runs on players that they normally would have already had locked up. They still feel confident that they'll get Higgins (in Oak Ridge) once they win their 11 or 12 games this year.

I actually want UT to win and continue to get better because that means that South Carolina gets pushed farther and farther down the ladder in the SEC East, which is a good thing! I just don't want UT to start recruiting in SC and NC like they did in the 1990s and early 2000s when we were really down and some of their best players on their teams heralded from the Palmetto State.

MT - Go Tigers!

Dobbs reminds me of Tajh in one aspect.

May 20, 2016, 9:41 AM

When things are going his way he's the best in the NCAA. When he's pressured he freaks and takes most of his offense with him.

I expect him to progress about like Tajh progressed so I think UcheaT has a good chance at 10+ wins and at least a division title. It's a coin toss between them and LSU or Bama for the Championship. Somebody find me a three headed coin.

I was born in East Tennessee and #### the Vols. I though I was a Vols fan until we played them in the Peach back around the turn of the century. I figured out real quickly what color my Orange really was.

I delighted they destroyed their program with their arrogance when the wanted a better coach than Fulmer, I was elated when they hired Kiffin and nearly spoke in tongues when he #### on them.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 20, 2016, 8:38 AM

"In-state rival South Carolina was not projected in the win totals because no team under seven wins was listed beside local school UNLV (4.5 wins)."

That's gonna leave a mark.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 20, 2016, 8:54 AM

^^^^So does that equate to: "USUC does not matter in the college football world, and are now insignificant"?

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic