Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Dabo comments on Joey Batson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 58
| visibility 1

Football Update: Dabo comments on Joey Batson

Jan 13, 2012, 11:45 AM

Dabo comments on Joey Batson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

quack quack***

Jan 13, 2012, 11:46 AM

Laughable. Pathetic. Whatever, Dabo.***

Jan 13, 2012, 11:46 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

^^^^ hates to be wrong.***

Jan 13, 2012, 11:47 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^Except that he's right.***

Jan 13, 2012, 11:50 AM

both sides usually have their supporters & in some circles

Jan 13, 2012, 11:55 AM

it's right to be wrong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you forgot to put "are laughable" after Batson***

CootU lovin' it!******

Re: Football Update: Dabo comments on Joey Batson

Jan 13, 2012, 12:00 PM

The guy who spends more time with the players than anyone and Dabo can't see the forest for the trees.

Morris and the next DC will have to be the best in the country to overcome the marginal (at best) S&C program we have. Another sad revelation to our football program's chase for sustained mediocrity.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sick to death of kouch keyboard kommandos

Jan 13, 2012, 12:05 PM

acting as if they have any credibility regarding staff changes..dabo is our head football coach..it is his wife and kids who depend on him being successful and providing for them..he made it very clear that joey batson is the guy he thinks is best suited to get us to where we all want to be..more pissin' and moanin' now just makes us, and clemson university, look like a bunch of whinin' wannabes..our coach has made his decision..it's time to shut up and move on.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

get ready for your clubbing

Jan 13, 2012, 12:07 PM

you better run to the hills

Re: sick to death of kouch keyboard kommandos

Jan 13, 2012, 12:21 PM [ in reply to sick to death of kouch keyboard kommandos ]

Our coach also just acted like a little baby and responded to toughness questions by saying "why don't you say that to the players' faces?". Are you serious? What an immature way to respond to this. Answer the effing question Dabo. Facts have shown our S&C program is total dog ####. We just got our ##### handed to us in the Orange Bowl and we were destroyed by our rival for the third year in a row.

You call people complaining "wannabes", as if that's a bad thing. Yea we "wannabe" a good program that doesn't get pushed around by Div 1-AA Wofford. We "wannabe" a team that isn't subject to every opposing teams' running back's "career night running the ball!" We "wannabe" able to watch our team play in the Orange Bowl without giving up an all time record for points scored in a bowl game! We "wannabe" able to rely on our team.

You may be sick to death of "kouch keyboard kommandos", but I'm sick of people like you who defend mediocrity to the death. The people who are happy with the status quo. It's not time to shut up and move on. It's time to demand more from our program.

Jan 13, 2012, 1:05 PM

Why don't you say that to Dabo's face?

Jan 13, 2012, 1:07 PM

haha would love to

Jan 13, 2012, 1:08 PM

LOL Dabo would curb stomp your a$$

Jan 13, 2012, 1:18 PM

Dude, really? What are we in high school? You're pathetic. Please, please, pleaaaasse never reproduce.

The fact of the matter is Dabo is paid a lot of money and until he has a couple of Championships under his belt, he's going to need to answer all questions. Saying "why don't you tell that to their faces" avoids the legitimate question that we were pushed around this year, especially in the trenches. The fact that he has a similar answer to someone like you makes me nervous about who's in control of our football team.

I get Clemson and South Carolina as a whole is small and has the "small town" feel...but his demeanor was totally unprofessional. You can't simply bully reporters who don't ask the right question.

Jan 13, 2012, 1:28 PM

P.S. I honestly thought you saying "why don't you say that to Dabo's face" was a joke and wasn't a legitimate request. Kind of odd...

Jan 13, 2012, 1:41 PM

I think you might need to check your batteries

Jan 13, 2012, 1:50 PM

I don't get it.

Jan 13, 2012, 5:01 PM [ in reply to Re: sick to death of kouch keyboard kommandos ]

Yes he can. If a reporter ask question that Dabo don't think he needs to answer. He should tell them to #### if they push the issue:), and kick their A$$ if they continue to push on....:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2012, 4:54 PM [ in reply to Re: sick to death of kouch keyboard kommandos ]

Man, don't get Dabo fked up b/c some don't like bitchson :) I mean Batson. LOL!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

cut from jv volleyball did you ?

Jan 13, 2012, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Re: sick to death of kouch keyboard kommandos ]

what's next.. new cordinator every time there is a 3 and out..

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: cut from jv volleyball did you ?

Jan 13, 2012, 1:25 PM

erm...what? Cut from JV volleyball? What do I have to do with any of this?

For what it's worth, I never played volleyball. I was an All-State wide receiver in Massachusetts and played Club Football for Clemson my final two years there. I love football and I love Clemson...that's why I get upset when there's a glaring hole in our program that isn't being totally ignored, especially when it's pointed out several times. Please check out the stats I linked in regards to the current S&C program.

http://theavenueofchampions.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2012-01-01T00:00:00-05:00&updated-max=2013-01-01T00:00:00-05:00&max-results=1

I absolutely don't think we need to make snap decisions. Up until the Orange Bowl, I had no problem keeping Steele. Even after that I was on the fence. I think he's a very good D-coordinator but something was absolutely missing this year. After hearing rumors that he was calling plays from his days with the Carolina Panthers, I agree it was time to go. I hope everything is ok with him.

However, the complaints about Batson are nowhere near new. They come every year, and now I've been able to look at stats that tell me that we don't appear to be performing up to par with other programs. Tajh was visibly out of shape towards the end of the season, and we were manhandled all year on the line of scrimmage.

Re: cut from jv volleyball did you ?

Jan 13, 2012, 1:27 PM

whoops, I meant to say "is being totally ignored", not "isn't".

Jan 13, 2012, 12:27 PM [ in reply to sick to death of kouch keyboard kommandos ]

AMEN TO THAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just let Dabo do his job, which none of you bitching know anything about.

Jan 13, 2012, 12:35 PM

Why shouldn't we be upset about the fact that our S&C program is total dog crap? Look at the stats! They support everyone's complaints.

Why shouldn't we ask questions? Why shouldn't we push our program to be better? Why are we wrong for wanting to be the best?

complaining pre-decision is one thing

Jan 13, 2012, 12:41 PM

we all have the right - even duty, if we feel strongly about something - to voice our opinions..but the decision has been made..the guy who is responsible for our football program says we have the right s&c coordinator..what are your credentials to say otherwise?

and please, post these "stats" that prove batson is the problem..one important stat is that we are the acc champions..not to say that anybody is, or should be, satisfied..dabo also made that very clear..but i'll shut up while you post your credentials and the stats that prove batson is leading us into irrelevance.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Re: complaining pre-decision is one thing

Jan 13, 2012, 1:00 PM

Ask and you shall receive:

http://theavenueofchampions.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2012-01-01T00:00:00-05:00&updated-max=2013-01-01T00:00:00-05:00&max-results=1

oh..aoc..lmao.***

Jan 13, 2012, 1:06 PM

GoTiguhs!!

Re: oh..aoc..lmao.***

Jan 13, 2012, 1:08 PM

"lmao" all you want. The numbers are there and we're behind in pretty much all categories against every team listed.

Jan 13, 2012, 2:00 PM

I'm not saying Batson is the best strength coach around, but i'm also not buying the notion that weight gain is the best representation of S&C player development. If weight gain is the par excellence measurable we should just hire the general manager of the local Ryan's or Sizzler and pump all these 4 & 5 star recruits through the all-you-can eat buffet line and I'm sure we will blow all these schools away. I think I need to see a few more categories added to what you seem to consider to be undeniable data. Maybe a glimpse of the players' gains in 40x, 225 reps, shuttle speed, broad jump, verticle, etc. I think I need a little more raw data than girth.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2012, 2:06 PM

True. It certainly isn't the perfect metric...but I think it counts for something. I also think it's pretty obvious these dudes on South Carolina, Georgia, FSU, etc. aren't just rolling down to Sizzler and stuffing their faces.

And while those statistics certainly don't say anything, I think the eye test shows a lot too. As I mentioned before, you could tell Tajh had put on (bad) weight throughout the season. And we were dominated up from by both South Carolina (who, let's fact it has a very good DL), and NC State by as few as three defenders.

Either way, I appreciate the response.

Jan 13, 2012, 2:19 PM

I was a little surprised at the OB beach video. I didn't see a lot of shredded athletes out there. I know that a lot of the S&C programs have transitioned to base for around core strengthening and Olympic lifts for power, explosion, and core strength, but these are 18-23 year old kids. I would expect a few more guys who look at least a little more like Rendrick Taylor. Hopefully if it really is a S&C problem, it will get solved quickly.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2012, 4:19 PM [ in reply to Re: complaining pre-decision is one thing ]

your writing showed washington go from 220lbs to 269 in less than a year....are you reading what you wrote. If in fact that is a FACT... then someone isn't doing any roid test....that is unheard of.... or maybe your facts arent facts or has a blind man reading the scales. Illegal drug use is obvioulsy rampant, however, if I had a kid in any school who put him in harms way with kidney failure, heart failure, hair loss, mental instability and potential for being sterile in the name of football....I would have there ###.... look at the number of calories that would have to be taken in to convert to that in fat much less muscle. NOT POSSIBLE.

Jan 13, 2012, 5:15 PM

HEYYYYYY, don't be cracking on hair loss. You are offending a meat and potatoe man that lost his hair without the help of roids:(

Jan 13, 2012, 5:21 PM [ in reply to Re: complaining pre-decision is one thing ]

I think you're misreading what he wrote. He said Cornelius Washington initially came onto campus weighing 220 pounds, and is now at 269 pounds. That's over his career, which includes a redshirt year in 2008. So that's four years, not one.

That equates to 12 pounds per year, which is definitely achievable without the assistance of PEDs.

bbut Quozzel said...***

Jan 13, 2012, 1:25 PM [ in reply to sick to death of kouch keyboard kommandos ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2012, 3:58 PM [ in reply to sick to death of kouch keyboard kommandos ]

Absolutely!!!! It's funny how Batson's is thought highly of across the country but the board idiots all think they know more than the opinions of other programs across the country. Batson could be hired tomorrow if without a job. Truth be known all of you are the same ones bashing Dabo for hiring Morris. It is so easy with nothing on the line to sit back & type a mouthful of crap. We were a 10 win program who won the conference. Dabo's been in the hunt for it two out of three years. Hasn't happened in over 20 years....sorry you know more than he does...maybe you should be coaching some where. Either get on the train and enjoy the ride or get off and go to the chicken $h*t side of the state. 62 freshmen, red shirt freshmen or sophmores going into next year...I would expect this in coot town but not here....####! What idiots!

Jan 13, 2012, 4:47 PM [ in reply to sick to death of kouch keyboard kommandos ]

AMEN TO THAT.

Jan 13, 2012, 8:06 PM

Amen again - I guess if Dabo was half as smart as some of these experts posting we would be national champs every year. I would really like to know if some of these experts have ever been in positions responsible for making decisions that they had to live with. I doubt it.

Dabo's getting ready to fail when tough line play needed***

Jan 13, 2012, 12:44 PM

Go TIGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2012, 12:50 PM

anyone in the S&C field thinks Batson is awful. IT IS A HUGE MYTH that he is respected there. That is all propaganda put out by Clemson.

Want proof? Look at how awful we are on 4th and one. Look at the small schools like Furman and Wofford pushing our lines around. Look how South Carolina MANHANDLES our lines (don't say they recruited better all but one of our OL this year was a 4* and Thompson and Branch are very highly rated NFL prospects and Goodman will be).

Another spot of proof for you that don't know what you are talking about...THREE years ago South Carolina fired their S&C coach and got a new one. What has happened in the last three years? They've suddenly become physically dominant and have manhandled us physically and won three in a row.

Don't think S&C is important? Urban Meyer calls the S&C Coach the most important member of his staff by far. Look at Alabama. They win on dominating physically as much or more than they do by having dominating talent.

ZERO coach will last long at Clemson until Batson is gone.

Want the reason Batson isn't being fired? He is two or three years away from being able to receive his state pension retirement benefits and has help in the BOT. Guarantee we let him go right after that kicks in...guarantee it. Batson NEEDS TO GO NOW. Having a great team is more important than making the state's taxpayers pay a guy who is not good at his job for the rest of his life.

Dabo is right the internet is a Devil's playground of people who don't know what they are talking about and believe the BS that our university puts out there. Last we heard from Dabo before Steele was let go was that he was the best DC in the country...we see how that turned out

Get rid of Batson and hire a great S&C and we'll see IMMEDIATE returns. Until then we'll continue to lose games we shouldn't to much less talented but physically superior teams. Will happen every single year until Batson is gone. Every year. If you are fine with that support Batson. If you aren't demand accountability and demand change.

Jan 13, 2012, 1:09 PM

Very well said.

So where is the proof that he is not respected?

Jan 14, 2012, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Dabo comments on Joey Batson ]

You gave great reasons for why Batson needs to be let go but never gave proof for your premise that he isn't respected in the S&C world.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

one name for you Louis Batson Jr.

Jan 13, 2012, 1:15 PM

Joey is not going anywhere

not related..no connection at all.***

Jan 13, 2012, 1:17 PM

GoTiguhs!!

^^^Agreed...he is not related. Just more ignorant people

Jan 13, 2012, 1:23 PM

repeating rumors that someone made up.

oh well i am wrong....***

Jan 13, 2012, 1:27 PM [ in reply to not related..no connection at all.*** ]

Batson is the best coach on the staff***

Jan 13, 2012, 1:29 PM

Jan 13, 2012, 1:31 PM

this HAS TO BE A JOKE!!! right?? no way that is real quote!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It worries me that Dabo does not see problems until

Jan 13, 2012, 1:37 PM

there is no way to argue otherwise. His lack of top level coaching ability makes me start to side with the ones who say that he is the one that will need to go. If you don't see the inferror physical condition of our players then it may explain why you didn't see the defensive problems the last three years. Example: play like crap against P.C., Wofford, and others and you tell the fans to stop quacking like a duck.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It worries me that Dabo does not see problems until

Jan 13, 2012, 1:45 PM

I am beginning to think that Dabo does not see the problem!!I don`t know how he can miss what is on the field right in front of him but?????????????

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Methinks Dabo doth protest too much***

Jan 13, 2012, 1:53 PM

Has Dabo not been watching us get pushed around??***

Jan 13, 2012, 2:30 PM

Why not at least TRY a new S&C coach?

Jan 13, 2012, 5:52 PM

S&C seems to be a weakness (so to speak), but I don't know for sure that Batson is not top notch, and I don't think anyone does-- not even Dabo. If Dabo or the AD's PR department could provide data and NFL-coach comments, or something, showing that Batson is top notch, then I'm sure the PR department would do so and shut everyone up.

If not, then considering how our unsculpted players get whupped by smaller lower-rated guys, why not move Batson out to pasture until he retires and at least TRY to bring in somebody new to see if it helps? It won't adversely affect recruiting or cause the players to suffer from getting up to speed on a new scheme. What's the downside?

Or have a new guy take care of the offense, let Batson take care of the defense and see who performs better? What's the downside? Hurting Batson's feelings?

How many S&C guys has Dabo worked with? Two? One old-school guy when Dabo played at Bama back in the day, and one old-school guy at Clemson? What's Dabo's frame of reference on new-school S&C coaches?

Dabo has so little experience and has made so many bad staff decisions that it's hard to just take his word as an infallible expert. And Bowden was so loyal to his staff (like the awful OC Rob Spence) that I'm not sure Batson's tenure under Bowden indicates that Batson was good.

Why do you think it would help? If Dabo is so bad at staff

Jan 13, 2012, 6:05 PM

decisions, wouldn't the guy he picked suck anyway?

You answer with questions? Lame. I'll answer yours though.

Jan 14, 2012, 2:20 PM

Why would it help?
If you read what I wrote, you'd know that I'm saying that I don't know if it would help but it seems to be worth a try since thigs look bad. (Same as firing Napier and hiring Morris.)

Wouldn't the guy Dabo picked suck anyway?
Maybe. Maybe not. Napier and Steele were bad hires. But Morris was a good one. With all of the connections and resources that Dabo and TDP have, there's no reason why they can't find a great S&C coach.

What's the downside? Hurt feelings?

As lame as you proposing he hire people just for the Heck

Jan 14, 2012, 2:49 PM

of it?

I didn't say "for the heck of it". Why do you make up lies?

Jan 14, 2012, 11:16 PM

You still haven't answered my simple question. Obviously you can't, so you make up stuff that I didn't say. It's like arguing with a 3 year old. Please ignore my posts from now on. You're clearly not capable of having an honest, adult discussion.

Replies: 58
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic