Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
no fee cashback rewards credit cards. Whatayagot?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

no fee cashback rewards credit cards. Whatayagot?

Mar 7, 2018, 9:07 AM

I'm looking at the Amazon Prime 5% Amazon purchases/2% gas stations restaurants drugstores/1% everywhere else.

or the Sams Club 5% gas/3% dining, travel/1% everywhere else.

We use Discover heavily and totalled about 1% for 2017.

cashback
Message was edited by: NoIntroduction®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Costco card is great

Mar 7, 2018, 9:09 AM

I have that, Discover, and a Citi Double Cash that I really don't use. The citi is a guaranteed 2% but we usually do better hitting whatever is on 5% for the quarter on discover or using the costco card.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ROH

I do that 5% quarterly Discover thing too, and was surprised

Mar 7, 2018, 9:12 AM

to look at my 2017 summary and see I was still just under 1%. That's pretty dang good marketing.

Don't have a Costco here.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can still get the card and be a member even if you

Mar 7, 2018, 9:14 AM

don't have one nearby, but it will cut back on the rewards you get from spending money there. I also just remembered it does have an annual fee that is also the membership fee for costco. So probably not for you

ROH

NFCU Visa with COSTCO Card - works for me

Mar 7, 2018, 9:14 AM [ in reply to I do that 5% quarterly Discover thing too, and was surprised ]

Especially on gas purchases. 20 cents cheaper than at regular retail gas stations around here plus the discount. Not bad.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chase Freedom has the 5% quarterly and 1% everything

Mar 7, 2018, 9:29 AM [ in reply to I do that 5% quarterly Discover thing too, and was surprised ]

else, I'm shocked Discover isn't higher considering that so many places don't take it

Re: no fee cashback rewards credit cards. Whatayagot?

Mar 7, 2018, 9:15 AM

CapOne 1.25% cashback on everything kinda meh

I've got the Amex that replaced the CostCo Amex and

Mar 7, 2018, 9:17 AM

the Citicard that took over for CostoCo. I really should be more diligent about which has better perks.

I should also put my groceries on a card and pay as soon as it hits.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we put most all purchases except groceries and small ones

Mar 7, 2018, 9:20 AM

on Discover. Could also pay bills with it, but don't. Son diligently runs as much as possible through his card to maximize rebate. I've gotta step up my game here.

Why? (in reference to the groceries idea)***

Mar 7, 2018, 9:21 AM [ in reply to I've got the Amex that replaced the CostCo Amex and ]

Well, I am not quite to in regards to

Mar 7, 2018, 11:20 AM

cash flow where I feel comfortable putting everything on it. I think one of the cards does 2% back on groceries so that could be an easy place to add in. Already put all gasoline on a card.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got a BOA Clemson card

Mar 7, 2018, 9:19 AM

no fee, I have never paid one penny of interest on it in maybe 20 years.

$150 cash back bonus offer1
Get more cash back for the things you buy most — while benefiting Clemson Alumni Association
1% cash back on purchases everywhere, every time, 2% cash back at grocery stores and wholesale clubs, and 3% cash back on gas for the first $2,500 in combined grocery/wholesale club/gas purchases each quarter2
No annual fee,† no expiration on rewards and no changing categories

And it is orange with a big fat Tiger Paw right in the center of the card, which ALWAYS impresses the ladies ;)

https://personalize.bankofamerica.com/clemson/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stop being poor and get a Chase Sapphire Preffered

Mar 7, 2018, 9:36 AM

tmale me your email so I can get dem sweet points

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Mar 7, 2018, 10:40 AM

Magnify Money is a good resource for comparing cards. I have Citi Double Cash back but am looking to switch to a travel rewards card.

I have the quickest hack of my credit card I've ever had

Mar 7, 2018, 10:46 AM

It took 4 days to get my card after it got used for something I didn't do last week. Got the new one Monday, and somebody used it for some magazine subscription today.

It took longer to get the card than I had it.

/csb

I'm taking a hard (read, 'erect') look at dat Prime Card

Mar 7, 2018, 11:00 AM

not that we shop there much, but it DOES happen occasionally, but they've just started giving 5% cashback at Whole Foods too w/ the Prime card

So Whole food will still be 15% more than Harris Teeter.

Mar 7, 2018, 11:22 AM

Makes sense.

Shopped at Walmart for the first time in several years

Mar 7, 2018, 11:25 AM

for groceries last week. It's at least 25% cheaper than the teeter. If you can get over the white trash flicking their cigarettes in the parking lot and the discusting overweight people there's some serious savings.

We usually go to Publix, but every now I go into Walmarts

Mar 7, 2018, 11:28 AM

and enjoy the savings. I hate waiting in line for 15 minutes while the 2 open registers service 743 people waiting to check out. I also hate the carts are always broken and there are more overweight people on those motorized carts in walmart than any other place on earth. Legit cheaper prices though.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ordering online is the #####.

Mar 7, 2018, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Shopped at Walmart for the first time in several years ]

Drive up, they load your car, and you drive home.

Walmarks lets you order groceries online?***

Mar 7, 2018, 11:35 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Harris Teeter does***

Mar 7, 2018, 11:37 AM

Re: Harris Teeter does***

Mar 7, 2018, 11:53 AM

You have to pay a yearly fee for that tho

Tega Cay is the closest Walmart with online grocery service.

Mar 7, 2018, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Walmarks lets you order groceries online?*** ]

But if I don't go INTO the store, then my sociological research suffers. You know...publish or die.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was always a fun store to go to.

Mar 7, 2018, 12:02 PM

Afterwards, you could get an endorphin rush by driving into Tega Cay proper at 37 in a 35 and see if you can hit the brakes before the cop hits the radar trigger.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Walmart Neighborhood "Market" by me does

Mar 7, 2018, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Walmarks lets you order groceries online?*** ]

haven't used it yet, but been meaning to try it out. I drive right by on the way home (no doxxing plox)

we buy a lot from Amazon, already Prime.

Mar 7, 2018, 11:31 AM [ in reply to I'm taking a hard (read, 'erect') look at dat Prime Card ]

they used to have a report on your purchase dollar totals over a period, at a glance now I can't see it. Seems like the 2% and 1% are competitive with other cards, then the 5% would be the real kicker if you're already Prime and buy a lot.

We buy a lot. A LOT.

Mar 7, 2018, 2:28 PM

but we've got Prime thru my BiL, doing the Frands & Family thing....just the shipping bennies, I think...no vid/music etc...

Not sure that qualifies for the card....would prob be worth the Prime subscrip though, and maybe the yearly fee on the card if there is on

Mar 7, 2018, 11:49 AM

American Express Blue Cash

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic