Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do Black Lives Really Matter to the BLM Organization?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 393

Do Black Lives Really Matter to the BLM Organization?

Jul 9, 2020, 11:06 AM

I am wholeheartedly behind the idea that BLACK LIVES MATTER...They absolutely do...
I fully support racial equality in our country...and when I have posted here I've been consistent on that point..

Recent media and social media attacks on Terry Crews...the silence on Desean Jackson...the silence on the death of an 8 year old girl...

Have all given me pause to look deeper at who is really driving the BLM organization...I will say the do the homework yourself if you care to...but minimal research shows the founders and leadership of the BLM organization are serving their own agenda and pocketbooks and not the well being of the black community...

The numbers say no....the Black Lives Matter Organization doesn't care about all black lives...only some...and maybe really none? Because what action are they taking to save black lives?

Numbers to ponder....
Percentage of US Black – 13.4%
• Abortion in America
• 28% are black (approximately 240,000 black babies annually)
• Murder in America
• 52% of homicide victims in America are black
• Heart Disease in America
• 23.5% of deaths are black
• Lung Cancer in America
• Blacks have the highest incidence and mortality rate of any race
• Hunger in America
• The 10 counties with the highest food insecurity rates in the nation are at least 60% African American. Seven of the 10 counties are in Mississippi.
• Poverty rates for African Americans are more than twice that of white, non-Hispanic individuals.
• 9% of African Americans live in deep poverty (less than 50% of the federal poverty threshold).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do Black Lives Really Matter to the BLM Organization?

Jul 9, 2020, 11:20 AM

BLM is a political organization.

I have looked up their Federal Form 990 online (there are several - get the one in Canyon Country, CA). All foundations are legally required to file this form every year. BLM has not since 2017.

On these forms you can see what they do with their money to some extent if they have large single-purpose or single-vendor expenditures.

BLM has not had much funding in the past, so the question is what WILL they do now?

If you go there, also check out the Clinton Foundation.

Here's a link, but not sure it will work.

https://apps.irs.gov/app/eos/displayAll.do?dispatchMethod=displayAllInfo&Id=4403655&ein=474143254&country=US&deductibility=all&dispatchMethod=searchAll&isDescending=false&city=&ein1=&postDateFrom=&exemptTypeCode=al&submitName=&sortColumn=orgName&totalResults=13&names=Black+Lives+Matter&resultsPerPage=25&indexOfFirstRow=0&postDateTo=&state=All+States

Re: Do Black Lives Really Matter to the BLM Organization?

Jul 9, 2020, 11:42 AM

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ryanmac/black-lives-matter-foundation-unrelated-blm-donations

Actually the organization you researched isn’t the BLM organization we’re all familiar with-
It’s turned into a bit of controversy actually..

I wonder how those crime, abortion, and health stats

Jul 9, 2020, 11:32 AM

align with those living in poverty in general, regardless of race. Not intending to take away from the gist of your message that those running the BLM foundation are profiting, or that the organization's mission is misaligned or ineffective.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

most of them...

Jul 9, 2020, 11:35 AM

hence the systemic nature of the problems.

However, I think most of those have no political solution.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: most of them...

Jul 9, 2020, 11:45 AM

Fair question as to whether or not it’s truly a socio-economic consequence ...
And I agree that’s quite possible...
So if that is the true root of the issue ...once again what is the Black Lives Matter organization doing to address the real issue?
One could argue - absolutely nothing...

Jul 9, 2020, 11:47 AM

and that's the stance I'd argue.

I agree with your OP.

Black lives matter, but if we follow the direction of the organization, it will make the problem worse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2020, 11:45 AM [ in reply to most of them... ]

So if that is the true root of the issue ...once again what is the Black Lives Matter organization doing to address the real issue?

Jul 9, 2020, 11:45 AM [ in reply to most of them... ]

Jul 9, 2020, 11:51 AM

I have no clue why the triple post ..oops..

I think it’s a glitch that happens occasionally when I post from my phone...

yes, I think its the phone app***

Jul 9, 2020, 11:59 AM

Why don't you ask somebody from BLM Organization?

Jul 9, 2020, 12:06 PM

Not sure you'll find many here on P&R

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only if that life is taken by a white police officer.***

Jul 9, 2020, 12:24 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

No, they want to be above the law.

Jul 9, 2020, 2:28 PM

They want control over the government to form a new system. Just like the few blocks Seattle gave them they won't know what to do with the country when they get it.

Their plan: Conquer America.

Next step: We'll figure that out if step one works.

Seen this all before. I'm glad they keep dragging Biden toward the cliff. Can't wait to see him fall off and land on his face.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 393
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic