Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those poking fun at Tebow...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 79
| visibility 1

For those poking fun at Tebow...

May 9, 2013, 9:38 AM

as for me, I still think Tebow is the epitome of what college football is about. He poured his heart-mind-soul into CFB and realized greatness in the process. So yeah - he's not the perfect NFL QB - but he's still better than many that are on current rosters. I still like Tebow myself - and I positively am NOT a Gator fan. I admire a man that can stand tall in the trenches when so much adversity is against him, and many (especially WEAK people) are chastising every possible flaw as if it's really worth even discussing.

Personally, I wish there was a place at CLEMSON for Tebow to help us as a coach. Tebow should have been a TIGER, because I clearly see a TIGER within him.

okay - my rant is over.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He needs to get off that ego and make the league at a

May 9, 2013, 9:40 AM

position that does fit him there.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He needs to get off that ego and make the league at a

May 9, 2013, 10:05 AM

All he's ever done is win, win and win.

All he's ever done is act like a grown man and not like a dope smoking thug.

Oh yeah check his banking account it reads QB

Re: He needs to get off that ego and make the league at a

May 9, 2013, 10:13 AM [ in reply to He needs to get off that ego and make the league at a ]

Yep, the way he ran the ball at Fla., a TE or maybe even a RB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IMO, he has the least amount

May 10, 2013, 12:10 AM [ in reply to He needs to get off that ego and make the league at a ]

of ego in the NFL.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For those poking fun at Tebow...

May 9, 2013, 9:42 AM

I don't poke fun at him. his passing accuracy is another matter however. I dont see how you can be that athletic and that inaccurate at the same time

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because you are not an NFL QB..................***

May 9, 2013, 9:43 AM

Did you see Mike Vick his first five seasons??

May 9, 2013, 3:43 PM [ in reply to Re: For those poking fun at Tebow... ]

And he's still not very accurate. McNabb was also very inaccurate. Seen Christian Ponder throw in the NFL? Way off a lot of the time.

It's called technique and Urban clearly did not help him much at FL. If Chad would have worked with him, he would be light years ahead of where he is now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I tend to agree....

May 9, 2013, 9:45 AM

and I firmly believe there is still a place or him on an NFL roster; just not as a QB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

He is not "better than many", not a QB.

May 9, 2013, 9:47 AM

Tim Tebow would have a contract tomorrow if he gave up playing QB.

Agree, Steel. He is not "better than many" QB's in the NFL.

May 9, 2013, 10:30 AM

That is a preposterous statement by the OP. Insane. Crazy. Rediculous. Cuckoo.

People's reaction to Tebow is less about his personal

May 9, 2013, 9:52 AM

characteristics and more about UF, ESPN, and Tebow himself constantly shoving him down everyone throats.

You can be a living saint but if people are incessantly reminded of that of course they're going to have a backlash.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That, and people love to hate Christians and people

May 9, 2013, 9:55 AM

who are "too good." Tebow's love of Jesus and his mission work make many people resent him for the good people they'll never be.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, says in the Bible that Christians will be persecuted to

May 9, 2013, 9:59 AM

some degree. So not unexpected.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

The Bible also says:

May 9, 2013, 10:03 AM

And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

That's the vibe A LOT of people get from Tebow.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Bible also says:

May 9, 2013, 10:50 AM

That verse is saying dont do things for show. It is good that he states his faith and does not hesitate to proclaim the Word. But maybe that is what you are saying, he uses that as a 'llok at me' thing. I dont really see that in Tebow. I just see someone that truly has a passion for Jesus.

It all depends on what's in his heart. And I agree,

May 9, 2013, 10:52 AM

I think he's legit. But if he's not, that's something he'll have to cover with God at some point.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: in the Bible it that

May 9, 2013, 10:39 AM [ in reply to Yep, says in the Bible that Christians will be persecuted to ]

he who is without sin should cast the first stone. I'm glad Tebow only throws footballs and not stones or lots of people would be hurt

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably not the one's he's aiming at, though. ;)***

May 9, 2013, 12:22 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm a person of Faith.

May 9, 2013, 10:04 AM [ in reply to That, and people love to hate Christians and people ]

And I find the notion that we face anything coming close to persecution in the US laughable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's why I said "to some degree". I lived for two years

May 9, 2013, 10:06 AM

in a closed country, so yes, I have seen true persecution.

Re: I'm a person of Faith.

May 9, 2013, 10:07 AM [ in reply to I'm a person of Faith. ]

Then you may not be laughing very long

How exactly are we being persecuted?

May 9, 2013, 10:09 AM

And by we I mean Christians in the US.

Re: How exactly are we being persecuted?

May 9, 2013, 10:14 AM

Right after right being taken away

Could be as subtle as things like:

May 9, 2013, 10:18 AM [ in reply to How exactly are we being persecuted? ]

-not being hired for a certain position
-being passed over for a job promotion
-being ridiculed

The father of one of my coworkers overseas spent 10 years in prison simply because he was a pastor. So compared to prison, these things pale in comparison. But they are persecution nonetheless. Persecution does not always equal prison, flogging, or death.

Re: Could be as subtle as things like:

May 9, 2013, 10:28 AM

Yep

Go down town or to the mall and start praying out loud to Jesus. Somebody will be offended and you'll ask to stop or there's a good change you'll be ask to leave.

But throw out a piece of carpet and lay down like you are getting ready to receive #### sex and no one will say a word

The mall isn't your property

May 9, 2013, 10:31 AM

Whatever they chose to allow (though I find it odd you'd think they'd be cool with any public displays of prayer that are guaranteed to alienate some of their shoppers), they are free to chose to allow.

You, we, aren't be persecuted in any real meaningful way.

You spoke earlier of our rights being taken away, care to share what rights we've been stripped of?

Re: The mall isn't your property

May 9, 2013, 10:35 AM

Read my post above one more time.

In NY city Muslim's line the street with their piece of carpet and block traffic!!!!!

You try that and see how you come out

Indeed

May 9, 2013, 10:39 AM

And I'd have a problem with that from a "don't block public streets" aspect.

However, if you'd like to organize a few hundred like minded Christians to head up there and do the same, you'll invite the debate and legal discussion of how the two differ.

In the end you aren't having your rights infringed upon. If anything the assembled Muslims who are blocking traffic, are breaking a law.

But back to the question at hand, you feel your rights are being taken away because Muslims are praying the streets of an area of NY?

Re: Indeed

May 9, 2013, 10:42 AM

That's an example read the link I gave you

Re: The mall isn't your property

May 9, 2013, 10:40 AM [ in reply to The mall isn't your property ]

http://www.cru.org/ministries-and-locations/ministries/campus-ministry/religious-freedom-attacked.htm

Interesting indeed

Some of those cases would seemingly rise to the level of persecution based on belief for sure.

Now my question would be, how does that amount to you losing your rights?

BTW, I'm not arguing the things this article are alright or proper, and I think in most cases a legal case can be made for almost all of them being overturned.

Re: Interesting indeed

May 9, 2013, 10:55 AM

I thought we were talking Christian right?

So as long as it doesn't affect you or me we should stick our head in the sand and wait until it does???

Wake up people

Interesting

May 9, 2013, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Could be as subtle as things like: ]

I'd be interested to hear the evidence of any wide spread (non isolated) occurrences of these things happening.

I can only speak for me and my experiences, but I've never faced those persecutions. Though to be fair, I have of course faced ridicule, but that doesn't quite meet the level of persecution in my book. I make fun of bands with little to no talent but who somehow manage to become popular, that is not in any way persecuting them :)

I know you know of real persecution, and I think in a world where that still occurs it's odd to me for folks to suggest that getting made belongs in the same conversation.

^^^^Huge Nickleback fan^^^^***

I did get this cool new tattoo

May 9, 2013, 10:33 AM

I don't think you'll find any statistics on this. Here are

May 9, 2013, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Interesting ]

a couple of verses that speak to persecution:

1 Peter 4:12-16

12 Dear friends, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that has come on you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. 13 But rejoice inasmuch as you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed. 14 If you are insulted because of the name of Christ, you are blessed, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you. 15 If you suffer, it should not be as a murderer or thief or any other kind of criminal, or even as a meddler. 16 However, if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name.

And this one:

John 15:20
Remember the words I spoke to you: 'No servant is greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also.

So the way I understand it, if you're a Christian, and not experiencing any type of persecution, maybe you're not living the way you should.

I tend to agree (with you)

May 9, 2013, 10:48 AM

(I wanted to qualify as I, as a believer, of course agree with the scriptures :) )

I do believe there is very real religious persecution going on in this world. I don't think we disagree on this at all.

I think the religious freedoms we hold in this country make us primarily free from anything that would approach any real persecution. Of course we will be at times be disagreed with or even made fun of for our views. I am, quite honestly, ok with that. Of course the world disagrees with moral stands I take that are primarily driven from my views on scripture. That is to be expected. And I believe the verses below speak to that in part.

It sounds as if you and I actually agree more than disagree. My main contention is with folks who jump on the "my rights are being taken away" and "I'm being persecuted for my beliefs" train without any real basis for these claims.

But I admit, as always, I might be wrong.

Re: I tend to agree (with you)

May 9, 2013, 10:50 AM

Did you read the link? Even UNC are taking rights away from kids

Traditional & Christian values are under an all out assault

May 9, 2013, 4:54 PM [ in reply to I'm a person of Faith. ]

in America today by the left. ABC had 28 stories on Jody Arias, not one on Gosnell in Philly.

Re: That, and people love to hate Christians and people

May 9, 2013, 10:19 AM [ in reply to That, and people love to hate Christians and people ]

Hey I'm a Godly man myself. And I don't think people dislike Tebow for it either. But like a poster said, ESECPN and others can shove to much of something that is good down our throats and make us hate hearing about it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People hate everyone for anything

May 9, 2013, 11:19 PM [ in reply to That, and people love to hate Christians and people ]

If a player waves something that is not football related like Tebow, people will hate him for that. There a religious football players in the NFL, they just don't put on the show.

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

he's one of the most popular athletes witout being that

May 10, 2013, 10:40 AM [ in reply to That, and people love to hate Christians and people ]

good in the pros.

so is his faith still holding him back?

Tebow does NOT shove himself onto anyone. He can not

May 9, 2013, 4:52 PM [ in reply to People's reaction to Tebow is less about his personal ]

control the media or the perception of idiots, haters, anti-Christian folks, or anyone else!

its funny how tebow is made fun of and ridiculed for

May 9, 2013, 10:03 AM

his "shortcomings" as a qb (after winning a national championship and heisman trophy) and also because of his religion/faith

yet, a basktball player who averages less than 2pts per game is revered as a hero because he comes out as being gay!

crazy, sad world we live in. one that i am very nervous about raising my 10 month old son in.

sorry, but had to get it off my chest

Re: its funny how tebow is made fun of and ridiculed for

May 9, 2013, 10:08 AM

If I could give you a 1000 points I would

Great post

me and another teacher/coach were talking about this the

May 9, 2013, 10:18 AM

other day and we got so fired up we couldnt stand it!

the world we live in today, everyones opinion is ok and accepted except for the christians opinion.

i just dont get it!

Re: me and another teacher/coach were talking about this the

May 9, 2013, 10:29 AM

Really it's our own fault because we've sat on the sidelines and let the libs get by with anything they want

exactly right. we said the same thing....

hopefully its not too late!

Tebow mostly reverred as a hero for many years. The

May 9, 2013, 10:28 AM [ in reply to its funny how tebow is made fun of and ridiculed for ]

Jason Collins story lasted maybe 3 days.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tebow mostly reverred as a hero for many years. The

May 9, 2013, 10:32 AM

That's because the media has no problem with him but they hate what Tim stands for

Media loves Tebow.***

May 9, 2013, 12:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Media loves to write about Tebow

May 9, 2013, 12:13 PM

but s lot of them like to disparage him for his very public Christianity.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

A few have.***

May 9, 2013, 3:01 PM

instead of playing foosball

May 9, 2013, 10:19 AM

he should be curing sick children with his tears.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: instead of playing foosball

May 9, 2013, 10:30 AM

He's done more for sick kids than your sorry self will ever do.
Shame on you

uh, how would you know this?***

May 9, 2013, 10:38 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There have been many reports from his mission trips

He has even had to help perform surgery on kids because there are too few doctors in some of the remote areas that he has gone to visit.

you guys are way too factual

May 9, 2013, 11:22 AM

unsubscribe

Re: you guys are way too factual

May 9, 2013, 2:43 PM

you got tebow envy

May 9, 2013, 10:22 AM

I agree with you 100 % about Tebow....I have said even as a Gamecock that there is one thing that me and Dabo have in common that trumps football and our teams. We both have an undying love of God. We might fight it out on the field but in the scope of things I will gladly kneel in prayer with him.

May 9, 2013, 11:24 AM

I personally can't stand Tebow, but obviously can understand why many people do. I'm sure if I ever met him in person my opinion would immediately change, but until then I will continue to be annoyed by him.

The frustration with Tebow

May 9, 2013, 12:48 PM

Has nothing to do with Tebow. It's with the comment you made in your post.

"So yeah - he's not the perfect NFL QB - but he's still better than many that are on current rosters"

I agree with everything you say about Tebow, but those of you that borderline worship the guy cannot get past the fact that he is not an NFL QB. He is not better than any current starting NFL QB. He doesn't complete 50% of his passes. He throws one good route (deep ball), he has a slow release, he is inaccurate and cannot throw a WR open like you have to do in the NFL.

I'm sure the guy would make a very good TE or FB if he would realize he's a better asset to a team in that role, but he simply cannot make the throws required to sustain drives in the NFL.

I think all of us would lay off Tebow if people would just be realist about his NFL skillset.

He may have been the greatest college player ever. I can see that argument. He is not an NFL QB.

Re: The frustration with Tebow

May 9, 2013, 3:29 PM

You do realize that I did NOT say that Tebow is better than many STARTING QB's? Right? I just stated QB's "on current rosters". I stand by that statement. For further clarity, if a starting QB in the NFL could not play for some reason, I'd sure like to have Tebow waiting to play. Maybe that's just my opinion, but I think he seems to find a way to win, and I like that. As for the case of several NFL teams, I actually believe he could start, and they would be just as good or better than today.

Point Taken, I mis read

May 10, 2013, 2:57 PM

Though I would disagree that he's better than most backup NFL QB's as well. Again, his skillset doesn't translate to NFL. He needs big windows to throw the ball into and has not, at this point, shown me he will ever be able to throw the ball precisely on 8 - 15 yard patterns that make up maybe 60 - 75% of the throws in the game.

I've seen a lot of people compare him to Vick to justify why he should get another shot at starting. The difference is that Vick has always had the arm to make all the NFL throws. His problem then and to this date is that he is a 2 read QB. He cannot get to the 3rd and 4th option consistently before he breaks contain and tries to make a play by forcing the ball downfield or running. But he has a cannon for an arm and has average to above average accuracy with his throws. Vick gets a chance because he has the skills to try to coach into being an NFL QB. Tebow won't likely get another shot because he lacks the ability play the position. Not the mentality, heart, or passion, but the fundamental skills. I really want to be a musician, and I can play some stuff, but I'm not going to be Bela Fleck or Yo Yo Ma just because I love music and try really hard.

The only justification I ever hear for Tebow is look at his record. He wins games. In the 8 games he won for Denver, did he play defense? Because in that streak the Denver defense held teams under 15 points in 5 of those 8 wins. That's significantly under the NFL average of somewhere in the low 20's. In those 5 games, the offense scored 18, 17, 17, 16, and 13 points respectively. Let's be honest Denver's defense won those games. Did Tebow make some plays late. Yes. Did he get it done in crunch time, when the game was on the line. No doubt. Did he play well for 60 minutes. No. Did he play well for 3 quarters. No. Tebow stepped it up for about 10% of the snaps in those games, fortunately Denver's defense carried him to that point for him to even have that opportunity. Instead of thanking God for those wins he should have been thanking the defense because if they don't sack up and carry Tebow for three and a half quarters we wouldn't have to have this discussion.

Tebow not a bad guy, he gets more hate than he deserves because the media overplays him. But he simply, in my evaluation (which means nothing), doesn't have the skill set to be a starting or reliable back up QB.

As an article I posted earlier states, its his footwork &

May 9, 2013, 4:57 PM [ in reply to The frustration with Tebow ]

technique, which can be fixed if a team would work with him.

Re: Did you see Mike Vick his first five seasons??

May 9, 2013, 4:06 PM

Yeah, but Vick ran like the wind.

Re: Did you see Mike Vick his first five seasons??

May 9, 2013, 4:47 PM

And had maybe the strongest arm in the NFL.

Tebow has bad mechanics all the way around.

May 9, 2013, 5:19 PM

His footwork isn't that good which can lead to bad pocket presence. His wind up is slow and long which leads to strips and inaccurate throws. His release is slow which gives the defense time to read the play. His arm is just above average. NFL coaches don't usually take the time to teach their qb's basic mechanics because their window for success is usually as small as the player's and most don't want take on a project that could take years. Also, who wants to pay a professional qb to learn how to throw the ball. This is just my opinon of course.

And yet he beat the brakes off of you...***

May 9, 2013, 5:22 PM

Re: And yet he beat the brakes off of you...***

May 9, 2013, 5:24 PM

That's irrelevant to the topic.

Re: And yet he beat the brakes off of you...***

May 9, 2013, 5:27 PM

What happened to all of those great Nebraska Qbs from the 90s and early 2000s? Oh yea, it's possible to be a great college QB and a bad professional one. It happens all the time. Tebow is one of many.

Yet still factually correct...Sour grapes much? I'd be too

May 9, 2013, 5:29 PM [ in reply to Re: And yet he beat the brakes off of you...*** ]

embarrassed to say Tebow if I were a UGA fan... Wouldn't want to remind anybody that a Tight End parading as a QB stomped a mudhole in us and walked it dry...REPEATEDLY...

Re: Yet still factually correct...Sour grapes much? I'd be too

May 9, 2013, 5:31 PM

He was 2-1 against us. That is true. Yet the fact still remains that that has nothing to do with the conversation at hand. My opinions are usually fairly objective by the way.

You fail to see the irony in a UGA fan critiquing a player

May 9, 2013, 5:43 PM

who accounted for 12 TD and zero TOs in 3 starts against you? A player who's last 2 games vs UGA resulted in a 90-27 combined score?

Re: You fail to see the irony in a UGA fan critiquing a player

May 9, 2013, 5:49 PM

What are you missing? This convo is about Tebow as a professional player, not what he did in his college career. Nobody will deny Tebow was a great college football player, but it has nothing to do with his professional career.

UGA fans are the last people I want to hear pertaining to TT***

May 9, 2013, 5:55 PM

No you fail to see the fallacies in your arguments.

May 9, 2013, 5:46 PM

But I'll let you have the last word if it makes you feel better.

You could always go to a Dawgboard to talk Tebow... You

May 9, 2013, 5:53 PM

can freely "sour Grape" him there...

May 9, 2013, 10:49 PM

Tebow took the Broncos beyond their expectations and suddenly he can't play? All he does is find ways to win. Montana nor Young were to typical NFL qb's but they won. Tebow will get a shot with some team and will succeed. I don't blame Denver, they had a chance to get Manning, but the Jets are a disaster and they never let him play now all of the sudden he can't play? He took the lonely broncos to the playoffs. Yeah he sucks. I hope he ends up with a team that will give him a shot. He is a great leader on and off the field. Jason Collins (who?) comes out of the closet and Obama telephones him to congratulate him. Tebow is devout Christian and get criticized constantly. A$$ backward if you ask me. I do not UF, but I hope Tebow has tremendous success in the NFL. I will pull for him!

Replies: 79
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic