Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Went back and watched the UL game. The
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 2,314

Went back and watched the UL game. The

Oct 11, 2016, 5:02 PM

markers were away from the edge on both sides of the field and no matter who had the ball. I agree that is not how it's normally done, but it was that way all game for both teams. And they had a time out to figure it out.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maybe they should go back to math class 101

Oct 11, 2016, 5:49 PM

Why is it every time a team loses there is an excuse....ND thought they could get 8 points to win, Louisville think s a yard marker is messed up....ridiculous

Re: maybe they should go back to math class 101

Oct 11, 2016, 6:09 PM

I read that the marker has to be within 6 ft of the sideline. There is no requirement that it has to be on the edge of the field of play. Visually you could clearly see the marker. I think Quick was trying to deflect blame fro
m his inept play that evidently "lost it for the L" it's certainly a better story for him.

Oct 11, 2016, 6:34 PM

I think the marker was set back so it wouldn't blend with the orange border, which would make sense.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

42-36

Oct 11, 2016, 9:05 PM

Nuff said! Move on to NCst.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2016, 9:23 PM [ in reply to Re: maybe they should go back to math class 101 ]

The marker is supposed to be 6' away from the sideline - or another way of saying it is no closer than 6' from the sideline. The orange area along the sideline is 6', but there is no rule that says the marker should abut the 6' line. It is somewhat confusing, but most schools place the marker at the edge of the 6' boundary.

And FWIW, there absolutely was a variance in how the marker was placed from time-to-time. The guy was not consistent and in my opinion, he should be replaced.

Still, as a former TE who had to know where the line of gain was on every play, there is no excuse for Quick not knowing where he needed to go to get a first down. They can complain 'til the cows come home, but the receiver's job is to know.... period..... every time.

Replies: 5
| visibility 2,314
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic