Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brent Venables' defense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

Brent Venables' defense

Aug 24, 2013, 8:37 PM

is going to surprise a lot of people this year! Anybody picking Georgia to win is going to wake up to reality Sunday morning with a SEC hangover!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

haha love it! Go TIGERS!***

Aug 24, 2013, 8:42 PM

Re: Brent Venables' defense

Aug 24, 2013, 8:52 PM

Did he really say that?

did who

Aug 25, 2013, 12:48 AM

say what? I didn't see any quote or attribution. Did you??

Funny, I thought it was the writer's opinion.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brent Venables' defense

Aug 25, 2013, 12:51 AM

Your defense is really terrifying. Sure Murray put up 150 on Bama's defense and Gurley scored 2 TD's but Clemson's defense might shut us out

That's the spirit!***

Aug 25, 2013, 1:01 AM

dawg droppings sees it, too!

Aug 25, 2013, 1:03 AM

its viral!

You mean the same Bama that LSU ran over all game?

Aug 25, 2013, 1:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Brent Venables' defense ]

And that same LSU team that couldn't run all over us? Bama's D was good but imo overrated a bit last year as teams with decent offenses got their points and yards against them.

Re: You mean the same Bama that LSU ran over all game?

Aug 25, 2013, 1:13 AM

That LSU team was at home and completely jacked for that game. The Peach Bowl? Not so much and it was very evident that they didn't care much for the game vs Clemson

Oh please stop with that same old excuse

Aug 25, 2013, 1:16 AM

If they truly "weren't pumped to win the game" then they deserved to lose it and they aren't the better team. The better team is the one that walks away with the win, no matter how it comes about. If they weren't motivated then that's on the coaches who again are part of the team so the whole team fails with them. You can't have it both ways. You can't win and say you were pumped but then lose and say you didn't care. Either you win or you lose, everything else is just an excuse and comes across as sour grapes.

Re: Oh please stop with that same old excuse

Aug 25, 2013, 1:22 AM

So you think their emotional level was the same as the Bama game? This was a game that didn't matter as opposed to a game that would have sent them to Atlanta plus it was a home game. And Clemson pulled one out of their ### on that 4th and 16

i guess as an athlete, you would love for people to see you

Aug 25, 2013, 1:29 AM

sprawled all over the ga. dome rug, too, huh! that would have made me retire,right there.the embarrassment of an acc team handing me my pride in front of the most watched cfb game of the 2012 season, excepting the mnc game!

Re: i guess as an athlete, you would love for people to see you

Aug 25, 2013, 8:47 AM

> the most watched cfb game of the 2012
> season, excepting the mnc game!

Ummmm ..... that is just flat out wrong.

Seven different bowl games drew higher, and some regular season games did too. If you want a dose of reality check out the websites below.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2013/01/2012-13-college-football-bowl-tv-ratings-bcs-sec-top-the-charts/

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2012/12/college-football-wrap-tv-ratings-for-almost-every-game-this-season/

not in my house! i used a different stat., i used how many

Aug 25, 2013, 1:07 PM

tv sets i have, multiplied by the show that was on each one, and i came out with the cfa bowl was the most watched game excepting the mnc game, which is what i reported to the nielson ratings people. but you were right, i meant to say bowl game! couldn't get your links to pull up, though. no i didn't research my statement, i had however, HEARD that statement from a tv spot (espn, the news,etc. 1 of'em)

Re: Oh please stop with that same old excuse

Aug 25, 2013, 9:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Oh please stop with that same old excuse ]

Just like your Bulldogs pulled one out against Bama at the end of the SEC Title Game.....errr, wait a minute, that's right, you didn't make an incredible game winning play that night did you? So sorry for ya man! (No not really):)

Re: Re: Oh please stop with that same old excuse

Aug 25, 2013, 9:32 AM

So your bragging about beating the 5th or 6th best team in the sec and it took a 4th and 16 to do it? But on top of that your critical about Georgia's loss to the national champions. Haha what ever you tell yourself to make you feel better!

LSU was and is better that UGA, so if they are 6

Aug 25, 2013, 9:41 AM

I guess ga is not even in the top half of the conference.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So the 5th/6th best team in the SEC is NOT better than

Aug 25, 2013, 10:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Re: Oh please stop with that same old excuse ]

ANY other team out there? Shocker. I thought this conference invented football.

Btw, LSU benefited with two GIVEN fumbles from Clemson. IF that didn't happen, this game wouldn't have been close. Clemson dominated in stats, and the scoreboard would have shown that.

Also lost Sammy after two plays***

Aug 25, 2013, 11:24 AM

Hahahaha, this "excuse" again?

Aug 25, 2013, 1:24 AM [ in reply to Re: You mean the same Bama that LSU ran over all game? ]

I love you SEC homers that say that the SEC team "wasn't interested" in playing that game. Yup, those guys have no pride at all in their program unless they're playing another SEC team. Florida must have suffered from the same affliction when they got the beat down from Louisville. Get real man. LSU ran all over 'Bama, but couldn't run all over us. Plain and simple. Oh wait, let me guess. LSU's D didn't want to be their either. That's why they were "taking naps" in the 4th quarter. They weren't gassed at all. Nope, those were "disinterested naps". Go Tigers.

Aug 25, 2013, 1:33 AM [ in reply to Re: You mean the same Bama that LSU ran over all game? ]

It was evident? What game were you watching? I saw 11 guys on both sides fighting to win a football game. You don't put on the shoulder pads and helmet to go tie, you play to win. It isn't hard to get motivated when 300 lb men are running at you. Your excuse is invalid.

Aug 25, 2013, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Re: You mean the same Bama that LSU ran over all game? ]

Practicing for next Sunday are we?? How will it go? "Our Bulldogs really didn't care about this game, they were focused on the Gamecocks.".
Good grief, LSU wasn't interested in being there? Really? LOL.

Aug 25, 2013, 9:34 AM [ in reply to Re: You mean the same Bama that LSU ran over all game? ]

Oh look. This humper has gotten his hands on a copy of the coots' talking points.

By this logic, I guess FL didn't want to be there against Louisville. Or, I guess since the coots BARELY beat Michigan on a Hail Mary, then Michigan wanted to be there but just barely, kinda?

I guess Florida wasn't interested either

Aug 25, 2013, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Re: You mean the same Bama that LSU ran over all game? ]

because they got ##### slapped as well from an eventual ACC team.

Re: Brent Venables

Aug 25, 2013, 1:07 AM

Suck

Clever

Aug 25, 2013, 1:25 AM

Go back to playing xbox, son.

lsu tried to kill boyd that night

Aug 25, 2013, 3:11 AM

So don't give me the "they were not up for that game ########" the ugay defense could have the same fate lsu defense had that night ....a leg cramp buffet....#### ugay this won't be another 2003.

Re: lsu tried to kill boyd that night

Aug 25, 2013, 8:32 AM

Again with the UGAy stuff it's ####### pathetic. A little kid could make up better trash talk them that. Also yes believe it or not LSU was not at the same emotional level they were when they played Bama. I know it's hard for y'all to believe since you wrapped your mind around the concept that they were pumped but they weren't.

because you say so? i love sec apologists...

Aug 25, 2013, 9:04 AM

now tell me the one about the gators losing to louisville; that's one of my favorites too.

that's the kind of sissified, excuse making that calls down the thunder & makes ugay the satchel wearers[insert pic of murray] they are.

awesome.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BOOM....***

Aug 25, 2013, 9:31 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

defcon2 hartins

Aug 25, 2013, 9:32 AM

they're inside the fences; broken arrow.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SCREW THE B@STARDS!!!! Attack Attack Attack....

Aug 25, 2013, 9:45 AM

This board is in Fire Mission Mode...Here come the nukes!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nukes? is coincidence athens is ~ the same distance from

Aug 25, 2013, 11:54 AM

clemson that cuba was to the florida coast back during the big scare of '62 hartins?

for 6 more days our worlds will stand still.

Listen, ugay

Aug 25, 2013, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Re: lsu tried to kill boyd that night ]

There is a reason we call you that...

By that logic and since LSU was not at home.....

Aug 25, 2013, 8:19 AM

and we won then what does that say about UGA on the road against a top 20 team? Its going to be a battle but the fastest horse will pull away in the second half. You couldn't tame Boise st and its HUNH and you won't contain Clemson at home and its HUNH.

Get this Mutt!!

Aug 25, 2013, 8:51 AM

Georgia isn't playing "BAMA" or LSWho on Aug 3st!!

We dont CARE what happens in your $EC goings.

And OUR crowd will be plenty JACKED when ya'll come to town.

So, you go ahead, right now, and declare: "we are playing an SEC East opponent next week" mentality and watch your tails get whipped like a rented mule!

CLEMSON respects your team, but is certainly NOT intimidated.

Go Tigers!!!!

That's what I was thinking too

Aug 25, 2013, 9:31 AM

When LSU players were littering the Georgia dome carpet. Crying for mamas touch to eliminate their "this usually never happens in the MIGHTY SEC" cramps

Only reason UGA was upper half sec

Aug 25, 2013, 11:00 AM

Last year is that their schedule was a joke except for one or two. Go look. No Texas am, no LSU , no regular season bama , no miss st, got stomped by usuck, no Arkansas , wait.....

So u managed to beat Florida and some low level sec teams. Lol impressive

ugay ugay ugay ugay

Aug 25, 2013, 11:17 AM

Go #### your bull dog.

UGA's

Aug 25, 2013, 12:59 PM

Best win was Florida, in some sort of ugly can't hold on to the ball scrap fight. Yea that Florida that got beaten like a rented mule vs Louisville.

You're offense is going to have to perform at the highest level with no mistakes to keep things close.

Make sure after the game you come back and say how you didn't want to be there. There will certainly be some truth to that come Sept 1.

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic