Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gene Sapakoff-Lamar Jackson just hasn’t learned how to lose
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Gene Sapakoff-Lamar Jackson just hasn’t learned how to lose

Sep 18, 2017, 1:54 PM

Lamar Jackson says Tigers not best defense he’s faced

by Andrew Boardwine

The Clemson football team defeated the Louisville Cardinals 47-21 on Saturday. Lamar Jackson asked if Clemson is the best D he's faced: "In my career in college, no. We just didn't play our game."

The Clemson football defense was a huge part of a 47-21 domination of Louisville on Saturday.

It was clear that the Tigers were in control from basically start-to-finish.

Louisville finished with 400+ yards of total offense, but the majority of that came in garbage time when the Tigers were playing second and third stringers.

The Cardinals were held to just seven points in the first three quarters.

Despite all of that, Louisville quarterback Lamar Jackson still doesn’t seem all that impressed with Clemson football’s defense.

Gene Sapakoff (Post & Courier )

So, even after the beatdown, the 2016 Heisman winner believes the reason Louisville lost was because they “didn’t play their game.”

The reason Louisville lost the game had nothing to do with them “not playing their game.” It had to do with a gap in talent level.

The Cardinals just were not good enough. Remember, fellow Heisman voters, that Lamar Jackson got 191 of his 371 yards of total offense against Clemson after the 4th Q started 33-7

Now, that may be impressive if the game was close, but when Clemson football is up 33-7, that’s not necessarily the same thing.

Thoughts:

I respect Lamar Jackson as a player. I recognize that he has great talent. He has an accurate and powerful arm. His elusive ability is unquestioned.

But he just hasn’t learned how to lose. Instead of just giving credit where credit is due, he has to make excuses. After every single hit he took, he had to get up and complain to a referee. After a while, it’s just get tiring.

I know he’s a great player and I wish him nothing but the best going forward, but this quotes sounds to me as a guy that will never have to face the Clemson football defense again.

Because as much as he wants to say that Louisville just “didn’t play their game,” anyone that watched the game knows better.

https://rubbingtherock.com/2017/09/17/clemson-football-lamar-jackson-says-tigers-not-best-defense-hes-faced/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gene Sapakoff-Lamar Jackson just hasn’t learned how to lose

Sep 18, 2017, 1:57 PM

look at his HC. Then you are not surprised. Bobby whooped and whined after every play where he didnt get a call

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At the end of the game everyone knew Clemson wasn't that much better than Louisville if at all...

Sep 18, 2017, 1:58 PM

??

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2017, 2:22 PM

In his defense - that is not his top priority.

Things to learn:
1. How to maximize an NFL signing bonus.
2. How to cry to refs effectively and get calls.
3. How to read.
4. How to lose.

So, I would put it 4th on his list of educational priorities.

Sep 18, 2017, 2:25 PM

If his draft stock isn't already low...once he gets interviewed and they a.sses his character Jackson could end up being a 4th or worse round pick.

He may have been a 1st or 2nd round pick if he were a WR though.

what character issues does he have...

Sep 18, 2017, 2:31 PM

Sorry but those kinds of comments doesn't mean a player has character issues

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: what character issues does he have...

Sep 18, 2017, 3:15 PM

Accountability, integrity, honesty, humbleness...hmmm..can't think of any QB that describes *sarcasm*

Can you??

What TigerKing is saying is

Sep 18, 2017, 3:23 PM [ in reply to what character issues does he have... ]

you're just being rassist.

Sep 18, 2017, 3:35 PM [ in reply to what character issues does he have... ]

Does an NFL team really want a cry baby leading their team? That is a character issue. The guy complains way to much when he doesn't get his way. He convulses like a 4 year old who's parents didn't buy them candy at walmart when they put up a fit. I guarantee every NFL team isn't dumb enough to draft him except maybe the Browns or the Bills

what character issues does he have...

Sep 18, 2017, 2:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Gene Sapakoff-Lamar Jackson just hasn’t learned how to lose ]

Sorry but those kinds of comments doesn't mean a player has character issues

Sep 18, 2017, 3:28 PM

It might not show character issues, but it shows immaturity

I hope our players never learn how to lose.

Sep 18, 2017, 2:24 PM

But do learn to keep their mouths shut if they do get beat.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

low class article by Suckaoff...

Sep 18, 2017, 2:30 PM

Seriously attacking a college kid over some comments after a frustrating loss. Has Suckaoff written an article about Jake Bentley and SCU's lack of class during the Kentucky game

Re: low class article by Suckaoff...

Sep 18, 2017, 2:32 PM

You're calling the man "Suckaoff" and talking about "low class" in the same article? Thats rich. LMAO....

But you're a Trump supporter

Sep 18, 2017, 3:29 PM [ in reply to low class article by Suckaoff... ]

So your opinion is moot.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well Gene, Clemson sure tried to teach him.

Sep 18, 2017, 3:02 PM

Some men, just can't learn.

Bye Lamar. Take your mentor Bobby with you.***

Sep 18, 2017, 3:19 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2017, 3:22 PM

Well now that's 2 quarterbacks with that opinion; one we for sure get to face again....

Sep 18, 2017, 3:38 PM

or how to talk......still trying to figure out what language he speaks.....Go Tigers!!!!!

Sep 18, 2017, 4:02 PM

Howdy all, my father in law said he believes his accent / language is a La. /south Miami creole (spelling). But truth be told on two facts....Best man did not win the Heisman Trophy last year and L. Jackson certainly doesn't know how to lose in style. Shawn Watson should have won the Trophy hands down after the complete melt down Jackson did at the end of the season....Especially losing to the Blue Cats down the road in Lexington.....Face it all ACC fans other than the Louisville Card fans...Nobody is or ever will be better than the Louisville Cardinals according to the U of L fans and player's. Me personally can't stand anyone from U of L or their cry baby fans....

Sapakoff could really use a proofreader...***

Sep 18, 2017, 4:34 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic