Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
lost a true tiger
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

lost a true tiger

Oct 9, 2013, 8:03 AM

Lost my father a few weeks back, a true tiger...May not have attended Clemson, but paid for my CU degree on the, "you have four years and that's it" plan. Was hoping he'd hang on to watch the Thursday night NCSU game together, but he passed that afternoon. Hopefully we can win it all for him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dont dwell but remember the good times with your father.

Oct 9, 2013, 8:07 AM

Smile about them. Those are times some of us wish we could have spent with our father when he was alive. When my father passes, I can do the same. Until then, I'm going to cherish each and every moment we spend together. My son is 2 and I try to make him laugh everyday.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Remembering him for the man he was and what he instilled in

Oct 9, 2013, 9:24 AM

you along with remembering all the good times is what will enable him to live on through you. I'm sorry for your loss, it is only temporary.

Sorry for your loss

Oct 9, 2013, 8:15 AM

This scripture helps me when I miss my father.

John 14:1-4

14 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.”

Re: lost a true tiger

Oct 9, 2013, 8:17 AM

If you Love the Tigers you're always a Tiger! RIP!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2013, 8:19 AM

So sorry for your loss.

I lost my husband a few months ago. He was a true tiger and this year has been really hard, as he battled a malignant brain tumor.

This football season has been the first one without him beside me in our seats in 38 years. I am trying to find comfort in the fact that I know he is there with me and watching from heaven. He so loved his tigers and Clemson football. That was one of the special things we did together and with our family.

Oct 9, 2013, 8:24 AM

He's still beside you in that seat! 38 years, wow. I will pray for you and your family.

Oct 9, 2013, 3:16 PM

Thank you for that. I feel his presence in that stadium where we spent so many wonderful times.

Tig66, prayers for you and your family as well. I firmly

Oct 9, 2013, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Re: lost a true tiger ]

believe they're with us, but free of the pain. I call on our lost ones when games are going wrong-sadly,there are so many of them up there, but I picture them in the stadium in the sky yelling for our Tigers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tig66, prayers for you and your family as well. I firmly

Oct 9, 2013, 3:15 PM

Thanks for that. I picture the same thing because I know that is what he is doing right alongside my Daddy who went to Clemson in the early forties.

So sorry for your loss. It is your heart that makes you a

Oct 9, 2013, 8:54 AM

Tiger, so if he loved Clemson, he was a true Tiger just like my dad!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To "edwardsck1166"..my sincere Condolescences & a RIP to....

Oct 9, 2013, 3:48 PM

Your beloved Dad..who had to be very smart to send you to Clemson..on a time schedule to finish..and loved Clemson Football alongside You!

GoTiGERs!...beat BC, FSU, MD, UVa, Gt, The Citadel, SC..then Miami in ACCCG..then Bama or Oregon in NC game for "edwardsck1166's Dad.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"four year plan and that's it"

Oct 9, 2013, 3:53 PM

You had a great dad. My dad passed when I was 10, but My mom put me on the same plan lol. when I decided to go to grad school all she said was, "how much money is in your savings account?"

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic