Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
looking ahead to FSU....couple of concerns...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,117

looking ahead to FSU....couple of concerns...

Oct 8, 2013, 11:37 AM

looking ahead to the big FSU game the two things that will be key (IMHO) are blunting there run game and forcing touchbacks on kickoffs. They killed us on returns last year and that was what basically turned the game in there favor.
Pinion was money in the first couple of games with his deep kicks that forced a knee or sailed out of bounds. He hasn't been nearly as consistent the last few games and we can't afford to have many returnable kickoffs in this game because their return guys are dangerous with the ball in their hands. Their run game is averaging 228 yds a game and we need to keep that around 170 yds.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: looking ahead to FSU....couple of concerns...

Oct 8, 2013, 11:43 AM

yeah I dont know where those kicks have gone but we need them back

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: looking ahead to FSU....couple of concerns...

Oct 8, 2013, 11:44 AM

I'm with you, those are concerns for sure...

With that said, my biggest concern is our running game and, more specifically, our running game outside of Tajh. I fear that if our RBs can't shoulder more of the load and our OL can't get a push to create a balanced attack, we're in for a long day on offense. I know we're good, but this defense we're going to face is a different animal.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If FSU goes 8 in-the-box, we should be able to burn them.

Oct 8, 2013, 11:55 AM

Syracuse sold out wholesale. NCSt had a good DL and brought some extras and we were having OL problems then. I think the big question will be the WRs and TEs getting separation and being physical. If that's happening, the rushing stats will be fine.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have you watched FSU play on defense?

Oct 8, 2013, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Re: looking ahead to FSU....couple of concerns... ]

They gave up a lot of points to BC and they are having to move their best LB to DE on passing downs to try to generate a pass rush. Granted they are not a bad defense but this is not FSU from the 90's all of a sudden for our game.

I've wondered the same............

Oct 8, 2013, 11:50 AM

what happened to Pinion on kickoffs. He was LIGHTS OUT in the UGA game. He hit boomers every time. I thought he was one of the most valuable players in that game. Although I don't have the statistics, it just seems like he isn't nearly hitting the ball as well. As a matter of fact, he has actually chunked some kicks since that first game and they weren't on purpose. Kinda like some of my chunked iron approach shots in golf! What's up Brad? I think he'll get it back together again in the Valley and the adrenalin will be flowing for FSU.....it better be!

maybe some of the shorter kicks are on purpose

Oct 8, 2013, 11:55 AM

to allow our special team to stop them shy of the 20.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

I think this could be it... I know during one game...

Oct 8, 2013, 12:13 PM

(Sc State maybe?) they said he had some soreness in his kicking leg, but otherwise, I think we're improving on ST coverage and trying to pin them back. I think it's very likely that we will see what OP said and have Bradley come out and boot it into the stands for this game in particular.

Opponents are averaging less than 20 yds per return

Oct 8, 2013, 12:01 PM

That may be the reason for some of it.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,117
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic