Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well, if we're going to embrace conspiracies.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Well, if we're going to embrace conspiracies.

Jun 11, 2018, 12:51 PM

I'm pretty much fully on board with why Russia would want Trump to be president: to disrupt and dismantle the West so they can rise out of the ashes. And what's happening at G7 is just strengthening that idea.

You either have to be a special type of dumb to be pissing in the faces of our allies like Trump is doing--or you have a more sinister motive.

And I fail to see how any of this benefits Americans. Some short-term internal growth? Maybe. But the logs of history don't smile upon protectionism and trade wars. Apparently today he threatened to stop trading with all the G7 nations.

Yeah, yeah. "Trump just says shocking things he doesn't mean to get his way." Well, that's getting old, and we can't separate the fake crazy from the real crazy any more. We can work with our allies on trade agreements without shocking/disrupting/pissing off the entire world.

But ultimately, who would benefit from this shake up? He's sitting in Moscow now probably enjoying a nice vodka martini and ordering one of his political opponents to disappear.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

So Trump being an asset of Russia is believable...

Jun 11, 2018, 12:57 PM

but the proposition that the military industrial complex has dominating influence on our executive and legislative branches of government and controls the mainstream political narrative with voters through centralized corporate media... that's crazy hippie talk?

Twilight zone.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who says the second one isn't true?

Jun 11, 2018, 12:59 PM

That one has always seemed overly obvious, at least to me. I could just be naive.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't want to name names, (not looking to start fights)

Jun 11, 2018, 1:01 PM

but I have been challenged by several prominent posters on here about that.

Edit: More than challenged, I was told I was paranoid and a conspiracy fanatic.

Message was edited by: Completely Solid Orange®

Re: I don't want to name names, (not looking to start fights)

Jun 11, 2018, 1:14 PM

I don't think your paranoid or a conspiracy fanatic. I think most of your posts are reasoned and informative.

I don't always agree with your conclusions but I think you voice is welcome and important in the marketplace of ideas and debate.

Paranoid and fanatic is Memphis' department. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How does the MIC control the MSM?***

Jun 11, 2018, 1:03 PM [ in reply to So Trump being an asset of Russia is believable... ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

They don't completely control it. It's not like there

Jun 11, 2018, 1:12 PM

is a room in the Pentagon or at CIA headquarters with a dude smoking a cigar watching everything on the news and making calls to suppress this or to publish that.

It's more of a systemic, reflexive relationship that most people involved do not even really consider. It's not like Tom Brokaw had a red phone or anything nutty like that.

The "experts" that CNN, Fox, NBC, CBS, etc use are almost always contractors or think-tankers and are connected to the MIC.

The way that "think-tanks" work is something that very few people appreciate. They are frequently Gulf-funded, and are always connected to industries that rely on government, defense-related contracts.

There is a LOT more to it than just that, but that's one of the more obvious connections there.

Journalists, editors rely on experts to create content. The facts used to create that content is filtered through or as a result of the MIC. Again, it's not a centralized conspiracy by a few evil men. It's a systemic problem that Eisenhower warned everyone about.

Wait, what?***

Jun 11, 2018, 1:04 PM [ in reply to So Trump being an asset of Russia is believable... ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So Trump being an asset of Russia is believable...

Jun 11, 2018, 1:22 PM [ in reply to So Trump being an asset of Russia is believable... ]

Nah, I don't think that's crazy talk. Not sure if I buy it enough to say they control the media, but their influence isn't crazy talk. Hell, Eisenhower warned us about it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Considering the mainstream media is consolidated

Jun 11, 2018, 1:25 PM

into 6 corporations, and those corporations have board members that are also board members for giant defense contractors, it's easier than you think for something so seemingly conspiratorial and sinister to happen.

You know how important marketing is to business. What better way to market than to skew and frame the facts?

Yeah, I mean, that can make sense.

Jun 11, 2018, 1:26 PM

Hell, I've never seen a war CNN didn't like.

Exactly. Notice the one thing dems and repubs agree on.

Jun 11, 2018, 1:31 PM

BOMB MORE.

Only those labeled as grandstanding loonies are critical of our foreign policy. Ron Paul, and Bernie Sanders. Notice the playbook? Paranoid, crazy people are critical of US motives. Reasonable moderates are fine with bombing "Murderous Dictators."

This is why so many old-school GOP actually preferred Hillary over Trump. They knew Hillary was a war hawk and Trump... well who knows with him.

Only conspiracy I embrace is ACC b’ball officials hate CU.***

Jun 11, 2018, 1:10 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^^THIS^^^^^^***

Jun 11, 2018, 1:19 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't even embrace that one***

Jun 11, 2018, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Only conspiracy I embrace is ACC b’ball officials hate CU.*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

False!

Jun 11, 2018, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Only conspiracy I embrace is ACC b’ball officials hate CU.*** ]

Not a conspiracy theory, is true fact.

Coot***

Jun 11, 2018, 2:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've heard so many doomsday predictions from your ilk

Jun 11, 2018, 1:28 PM

I've lost count.
Meanwhile NK is in serious talks after preductions of nuclear war b/c of trump
Market is huming
Unemplyment at all time lows all around.
housing sales skyrocketing(even tho rates increasing).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Keep sucking on the economy teat

Jun 11, 2018, 1:33 PM

Because if we #### up our trade relationships with our big allies, you may not have a lot of milk to suckle down anymore.

^^^^invests in maple syrup futures^^^^^***

Jun 11, 2018, 1:36 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And Justin Bieber albums.***

Jun 11, 2018, 1:39 PM

lol, ya, that aint gonna happen

Jun 11, 2018, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Keep sucking on the economy teat ]

didnt you all you all say this about china? Now they are offering to purchase billions and billions of US goods. I'm not a trade guru for sure, but so far, everything Trump has done has been golden, even with the most doomsday predictions.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: lol, ya, that aint gonna happen

Jun 11, 2018, 9:27 PM

You do understand that TheRump spent US dollars to save ZTE (chinese) phone company, so that Ivanka could get a chinese license to sell (only) her crap in some stores in China. These are the same phones that the CIA warned would be used to steal military and industrial data secrets from the US. Not that TheRump cares; Ivanka will get major salees.
And, even though FoxFakeNews says otherwise, the trade concessions that China is stating that they will soon begin are the same concessions announced while Obama was the Pres.
You don't seem to understand that FoxFakeNews is constantly stretching, exaggerating and (sometimes) just plain lying about "news facts" that they know are false. Then, there's (Satan) Hannity who lies continuously, but it's okay because he's only doing "opinion" pieces -- so even though the stories are not true, it's ok because it's not really meant to be news.
Suckers are born every minute.
Gullible much?
Oh, yeah, TheRump's depression is coming this fall -- October is about right.

spent US dollars?

Jun 11, 2018, 9:32 PM

The $1B fine that ZTE would have to pay us under the proposed agreement would come out of OUR pockets? Diabolical.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, if what you say about the economy

Jun 11, 2018, 1:34 PM [ in reply to I've heard so many doomsday predictions from your ilk ]

is true, WHY ARE WE CREATING UNCERTAINTY IN THIS GREAT ECONOMY WITH TARIFF NONSENSE??

Because of electoral points in Wisconsin and Michigan.

Jun 11, 2018, 1:35 PM

Duh

b/c if he doesn't get it done now

Jun 11, 2018, 1:42 PM [ in reply to So, if what you say about the economy ]

he may never get fair trade. I have no issues with it at all. Short term pain for long term gain.

https://www.thebalance.com/trade-deficit-by-county-3306264

IF russia meddled it was much more personal than that

Jun 11, 2018, 2:30 PM

Hillary meddled in Russia's election as Sec of State. Putin was playing ### for tat and gave as good as he got.

BUT, I voted for TRUMP and not because of the Russians.

We have more homegrown trolls than Russia could hope

Jun 11, 2018, 4:19 PM

to have on social media.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Read first paragraph, then stopped..

Jun 13, 2018, 9:42 AM

Everything written their is #######. You're parroting a media narrative and are walking proof that if the same message is repeated long enough, people will believe it. Shame you and many others have lost the ability to think independently. You're part of the "hive mind". Want a conspiracy that's going to be revealed with no theory supporting it?

https://youtu.be/PU0YDyThImk

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic