Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Bracketology: Early losses have Tigers out of NCAA Tournament
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

New Story: Bracketology: Early losses have Tigers out of NCAA Tournament

Feb 15, 2015, 9:01 AM

Bracketology: Early losses have Tigers out of NCAA Tournament

Clemson's NCAA Tournament chances would have been boosted by a win over Notre Dame last week, but the last-second loss and early-season losses to weak teams have the Tigers on the outside looking in. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sort of like how OSU's loss to Vat Tech knocked them out of

Feb 15, 2015, 9:03 AM

national championship picture in football....

Re: Sort of like how OSU's loss to Vat Tech knocked them out of

Feb 15, 2015, 9:15 AM

Actually nothing like that at all. OSU's win over Wis in BIGCG would be similar to us winning ACC tournament in bball

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sort of like how OSU's loss to Vat Tech knocked them out of

Feb 15, 2015, 9:17 AM

Our season is not over yet. Why assume we are out of tourny? Just like OSU was out of picture in week 10 of football season

automatic bid***

Feb 15, 2015, 2:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Sort of like how OSU's loss to Vat Tech knocked them out of ]

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Bracketology: Early losses have Tigers out of NCAA Tournament

Feb 15, 2015, 9:19 AM

Honestly, I'd rather see the Tigers go somewhere in the NIT than lose game one in the tourney...

Feb 15, 2015, 9:30 AM

Honestly, I think out team is playing at a level worthy of the tournament. Will they get in, prob not. But I think we are more consistent than at the beg of season. I'm curious to see how we do in acc tourney.

Feb 15, 2015, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Bracketology: Early losses have Tigers out of NCAA Tournament ]

If we get in we will be a 9 -12 seed... We will not be playing 1 2 3 seeds in the 1st round.... I like our chances against 4 seeds or lower... ND is likely a 3 seed, Arkansas may be a 3 or 4 seed.... I have not given up on beating ND next week.

Feb 15, 2015, 10:27 AM

I agree... ND is quite beatable. I think it will come down to how Clemson responds to the environment that is "hallowed" Notre Dame. I think we can play Duke close too but don't expect to win.

Last year it was UMass, Arkansas and Auburn.

Feb 15, 2015, 9:30 AM

2 years in a row we should have made the tournament.

Hopefully, we recover from those head scratchers and pull it out this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Last year it was UMass, Arkansas and Auburn.

Feb 16, 2015, 8:07 AM

Ironically, last year's "bad losses" are this years "good wins" ...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I said in Dec. after the Rutgers game that our NCAA hopes

Feb 15, 2015, 9:32 AM

were essentially nil. This article confirms that three early losses at HOME to bad teams are extremely significant. BB has to realize that for Clemson our tournament resume must include outstanding early season performance - only one or two losses. He cannot play theses games like pre-season where outcomes do not matter. We need to be ready coming out of the gate.

Now to be objective, Coach BB is awesome at conference play - actually over achieving in many ways. In conference, we are a tough out. We get upset road wins that are truly unexpected. We bounce back from losses.

The basketball team is usually better at the end of the season than the start. But sadly that is not enough - better early season play is required to legitimize a winning conference record.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I said in Dec. after the Rutgers game that our NCAA hopes

Feb 15, 2015, 9:40 AM

We beat Arakasas and LSU early.... We had good wins and bad losses... I do not remember a good win out of conference last year.
I think we have a shot at NCAA if we sweep GaT and NCSt, 0I think we are in if we win at Duke or ND or win 2 games in ACC Tournament.

You can't secure an invite with those December cupcake

Feb 15, 2015, 10:04 AM

games, but you can sure as heck lose an invite with them. And that's exactly what we did. I said so at the time and everyone called it panicking, said it was a long season, said those games didn't mean anything, etc. etc.

CU not Ohio State

Feb 15, 2015, 10:05 AM

CU will not get the national love that teams like Ohio State get, not because we are any different in performance necessarily, but because they have a zillion graduates who are delusional over their team's abilities. Case in point: They won the football championship this year because Oregon didn't play very well in the game, but in the past few years, the SEC and ACC ( CU ) has waxed their butts on the national stage. It is sickening that they get the breaks, but unfortunately true...

Re: CU not Ohio State, Huh?

Feb 15, 2015, 10:25 AM

i am as big a Clemson fan as any. But I must say, your post is ridiculous. First off all, the comparison is not logical. Secondly, OSU beat the tar out of Oregon.

As to our Tigers basketball team, we lost at home to Winthrop and Rutgers at home and Gardner-Webb on a neutral site. Garder-Webb?! We have no one to blame if we miss the tourney again this year. It's on us.

The RPI is BS, if it has SCU at 106***

Feb 15, 2015, 10:21 AM

lol, tk79 - you and Yorkie landblast me last night for

Feb 15, 2015, 10:59 AM

writing what Hood posts this morning.

You two want to crawl over my #### for not living in Neverland with you, be my guest.

The rest of us accept that this team was never really in it for lots of reasons. Like I said last night - too many bad losses and too many missed opportunities.

Even when they had a chance, they go to Miami and lay an egg.

Coaching? Yeah some - there are real problems with the offense we teach.

Leadership? Yeah lots - well lots lacking - some guys who really needed to step up haven't - Landry, Hall and Harrison with a lack on consistency, Roper with battling through uneven confidence, Ajukwa just needing to be more of everything to help replace KJ, etc.

But some guys have made strides: J Smith has more guts than talent and puts the rest of this team to absolute shame; Grantham is the real deal - a young Grant Hill clone; Blossomgame a monster rebounder, and with offense coming on - just needs to find the money spot and move.

Take it for what it is - start seeing reality, not what you want to see.

Re: lol, tk79 - you and Yorkie landblast me last night for

Feb 15, 2015, 12:21 PM

you are a joke congrats.

null

Feb 15, 2015, 10:41 AM

Probably got to win the ACC tourney.......
Other than that probably NIT bound......

I'd take that all day..........

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is total Bull Manure

Feb 15, 2015, 11:18 AM

As if the the selection committee relies on on a magic number to determine who goes ... it is just one of the factors ... also the "bracketology" thing .... it's an invented gimmick ...

Clemson win's out they are in for sure, win 5-6 last games, they will be a "play-in" or "first four" team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2015, 11:35 AM

I've said this already in the past few weeks, and I'll say again. What is best for Clemson BBall right now. Making the NCAA tournament so we can say hey, we made it to the tournament, but was one and done. Or would it would be best for our BBall team to get an NIT invite and have a real chance of winning the NIT. Playing more games in the NIT would help our team prepare better for next season with post season play off experience. If we're not ready to make a run in the NCAA tourney, why get embarrassed with a one and done showing. I personally have faith and belief that Brad is a good enough coach that can get us there and make a statement for Clemson BBall. With the money being spent upgrading LittleJohn for the future, I believe will be a BIG help for recruiting, and for Clemson BBall. For me personally, if we aren't ready to make at least a Sweet 16 run, with us being picked is just a charity pick, a wasted selection. Getting to the Sweet 16 is something that Clemson BBall fans can brag about. Hiring Brownell and upgrading our BBall facilities is a big step toward the Sweet 16 and beyond. Just my opinion!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2015, 2:35 PM

I totally agree. But I also could care less about a sport that is officiated by officials who only see the color of the teams that they think should win and make sure they do. B'ball is way behind in needing to make some real changes to the sport, i.e. raise the basket to 11 or 12 and stop making it a game for big guys who dunk, stop the timeouts at the end of games that make the last 2 minutes last for 10-15 minutes, make all fouls committed in the last 2-3 minutes 2 shot fouls, regardless of the number of team fouls. Those thoughts come quickly to mind. Right now, the only thing that matters is the last 2 minutes of the 2nd half. So maybe we should just play 2 minute games. Basketball has become as boring as baseball.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We also need the 30 second shot clock and ....

Feb 15, 2015, 3:00 PM

Really like the two shot foul shots in last two minute idea .... yes, the last two minutes have really gotten boring ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Bracketology: Early losses have Tigers out of NCAA Tournament***

Feb 15, 2015, 11:53 AM

This article seems premature. We have at least six games left before a decision is made

Feb 15, 2015, 3:04 PM

by the NCAA selection committee. We certainly have sone work to do in order to get an at-large bid, but those people saying that we have to win the ACC Tournament to get in are clueless.

Let's cheer hard for our team, continue our late season push, and see what happens. We aren't as far away from a bid as some here think.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Cannot understand why our Tigers would be considered ...

Feb 15, 2015, 6:23 PM

Will pull for our Tigers to finish strong but unless we win at Duke and South Bend and with two ACC tourney wins which we will not ... any speculation is wasted breath.

Much more interested in Tigers at NFL scouting combine and spring practice who have worked harder to hone their skill sets.

Why post then?

Feb 15, 2015, 6:34 PM

You clearly care mostly about football, with only a marginal interest in basketball.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

True Judge ... but I attended CU from '79 - '84

Feb 15, 2015, 6:52 PM

based on my love of Clemson, the South and ACC Basketball. Worked out better then I ever dreamed. In the course of attending the greatest university in America, in my soph year I realized we were pretty good at Football too.

Still love Basketball just do not put much stock in Clemson's efforts with the ACC at an all-time ebb in Basketball, and with one-and-done scenario for best college players, and still Clemson cannot compete with our four-year players. No offense. It's just a watered down product at present.

I recall in '79-'80 or '80-'81, we went 0-8 on the ACC road and 8-0 at home. Beat some pretty good squads too. I was there when our Tigers beat #1 Duke with Spanarkel, Gminski, Banks, & Dennard in early '80. Best live game I've ever seen, and I've seen UNC, Duke and UCLA win Final Fours in New Orleans, Minneapolis and Seattle. I guess I post with the hope D-Rad and our coaches will try to field a competitive squad. The new facilities, IMHO, are the means to the end. Until then, I do not see our administration putting any emphasis on Basketball success.

how have they worked harder?***

Feb 15, 2015, 1:47 PM [ in reply to Cannot understand why our Tigers would be considered ... ]

Re: Cannot understand why our Tigers would be considered ...

Feb 16, 2015, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Cannot understand why our Tigers would be considered ... ]

This is an absolute pathetic and clueless mindset to have.

Just find a way to scratch out a victory tonight on the road. Survive and move on to the next one. Beat Tech

Nein !, Nein !, Nein ! ...

Feb 15, 2015, 8:45 PM

As long as we keep winning we are IN !!!!

http://www.unf.edu/~jcoleman/dance.htm

Feb 18, 2015, 10:19 PM

I don't know what the future is in the NCAA tournament...but we have the ACC tournament coming up...I believe in the Tigers and I think if they will go out there and play hard and have some fun at it...they will relax and have a better shooting average. When they seem to be enjoying themselves they play harder and smarter...Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic