Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I thought EsecPN was bad...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

I thought EsecPN was bad...

Mar 17, 2020, 8:36 AM

with its SEC homerism until I listened to a few minutes of NBC and MSNBC.

What ever happened to journalistic integrity and an unbiased and objective reporting of the news.

I guess that's exactly what you should expect from a network that employs Lester Holt and Andrea Mitchell.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I thought EsecPN was bad...

Mar 17, 2020, 8:42 AM

"What ever happened to journalistic integrity and an unbiased and objective reporting of the news"

Where have you been the last 50 years?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

I watch the local news, but rarely the national news...

Mar 17, 2020, 8:49 AM

Now I remember why.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ Yep, and to think they think they’re above Trump in ethics or fair behavior.

Mar 17, 2020, 8:44 AM

Geez!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 17, 2020, 8:44 AM

"What ever happened to journalistic integrity and an unbiased and objective reporting of the news."

Rupert Murdoch started Fox News. Then, it all went downhill.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CNN came before FOX.....***

Mar 17, 2020, 8:54 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CNN reported the news before Fox changed the model

Mar 17, 2020, 9:01 AM

That went right over your head, didn't it?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Listener/viewer bias drives

Mar 17, 2020, 9:12 AM

The 'message' of the media. If one doesn't respond to the message, they'll shift. But, since so many dig in their heels, the media simply targets the version of 'news' the listener/viewer wants. It's not complicated to let others 'think' for you. Sad, perhaps, but not complicated.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, you just laid out the Fox model. Thanks.

Mar 17, 2020, 9:17 AM

Unfortunately, everyone else saw how easy and profitable it was so they followed suit.

i didnt want to reply, but oh well

Mar 17, 2020, 9:38 AM

You do realize why Fox News was created dont you?
Because liberal bias from all tv news fronts had a monopoly. There was viewership that was starving to hear the OTHER side.

And again, the reason Fox dominants cable, is because the libs are spread across all the other 10 news/main channels cause lib bias.

But I'm sure this will fall upon deaf ears but oh well

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The libs...

Mar 17, 2020, 9:55 AM

You clowns are all the same.

you seem like a very reasonable and sane person***

Mar 17, 2020, 10:27 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was educated by Clemson University

Mar 17, 2020, 11:18 AM

so you probably don't want to go throwing around insults...

Re: The libs...

Mar 17, 2020, 11:57 AM [ in reply to The libs... ]

Typical retort .... name calling.

The difference between Fox News and MSNBC is that their anchors like Lester Holt are supposed to be journalists, not advocates. They have no one like Chris Wallace or Brett Baier who actually are journalists. Sean Hannity, Laura Ingrham, and others never claimed that they are unbiased and impartial.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i didnt want to reply, but oh well

Mar 17, 2020, 11:45 AM [ in reply to i didnt want to reply, but oh well ]

User Logo
xtiger
Ring of Honor [52230]
TigerPulse: 100%
i didnt want to reply, but oh well [1]
Posted: Mar 17, 2020 9:38 AM

You do realize why Fox News was created dont you?
Because liberal bias from all tv news fronts had a monopoly. There was viewership that was starving to hear the OTHER side.

And again, the reason Fox dominants cable, is because the libs are spread across all the other 10 news/main channels cause lib bias.

But I'm sure this will fall upon deaf ears but oh well

and there is a reason fox news is watched more than all the other news outlets combined. but hey x quit spreading around facts.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Listener/viewer bias drives

Mar 17, 2020, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Listener/viewer bias drives ]

I think it's a lot like sports sites such as this one. When Clemson and Ohio State played you could come here to get a recap of the game, and you could also get a recap on an Ohio State website. Both would cover the game, both would tell you who won, the stats, and the big events that happened during the game. However, one is obviously targeted towards Clemson, and one is obviously targeted towards Ohio State. I'm sure the reporting over the penalties in that game were vastly different based on which site you were viewing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 17, 2020, 9:10 AM [ in reply to Re: I thought EsecPN was bad... ]

User Logo
Clemsonjoe®
Legend [17583]
TigerPulse: 100%
Posted: Mar 17, 2020 8:44 AM

"What ever happened to journalistic integrity and an unbiased and objective reporting of the news."

JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT YOU HAD READ EVERY IDIOTIC THING ANOTHER IDIOT TYPES SOMETHING

Well, that certainly narrowed the gap

Mar 17, 2020, 9:13 AM

Between the two of you. Well done...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The most ironic thing ever typed on this message board

Mar 17, 2020, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Re: I thought EsecPN was bad... ]

Turn off the caps lock, boomer.

Mar 17, 2020, 11:47 AM [ in reply to Re: I thought EsecPN was bad... ]

If you believe that - you must be very young. The overt bias in the media started the day Walter Cronkite stepped down from the anchor chair at CBS. Walter was about as liberal as they come in his personal life but he largely kept it in check when it came to reporting the news. When Dan Rather took over, he started the overt bias slide that was quickly followed by abc and NBC.

CNN started out as middle left but quickly went to a definitive left bias with the campaign/election of Bill Clinton. There is a reason CNN earned the nickname "Clinton News Network" in the early 90's. Since the Clinton years they have maintained a definitive left bias but have now gone over the ideological edge to full leftwing nutcase since the election of President Trump.

Up until the Fox News launch in October 1996, the market was dominated by varying degrees of left-wing oriented programming (i.e. CNN, the fledgling MSNBC and all the major networks). Rupert Murdoch simply created a product to provide a right-oriented news station to fill a gap in the 24/7 news market that was not being met. There is a reason Fox News has been highly successful and has the highest ratings among all 24/7 news outlets - it found a place in the market that was not being served for a significant number of consumers and they filled it. So to say that Fox News started the biased reporting is to ignore the real facts of the matter - Fox News was created BECAUSE of the overwhelming left-wing bias that already existed and continues throughout most media outlets to this day.

Unfortunately just about all news reporting is now poured through an ideological filter with varying degrees of right or left bias. It has been this way for a long time - ever since the spread of the 1950's concept of "interpretive journalism". Unfortunately interpretive journalism has grown to the point that it is today's de facto standard reporting practice. Reporters no longer want to leave it up to the reader to interpret the facts of a reported event - they feel compelled to tell us through their lens what the facts mean. To me it is the height of arrogance by a class of people who I find aren't particularly bright (i.e. journalists) that think I'm too stupid to figure out what is going on without their opinions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 17, 2020, 12:02 PM

Excellent summation ..... and accurate!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My news is BBC, Al Jazeera, etc.

Mar 17, 2020, 9:20 AM

because I live in Switzerland. According to them, USA is doing a great job with the virus. This virus is making it's way across the world in a western flow. USA is doing things now that some countries here in Europe are just now doing. Plus, you gotta remember that the USA population is ~330 million, so to have only ~1714 cases is mind blowing. It hasn't hit the USA full blown yet, so prepare yourself. My point, there is no integrity and an unbiased and objective reporting of the USA news.

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

lol, the libs here are going off the deep end. Oh and we hav

Mar 17, 2020, 9:23 AM

around 4200 cases now. but still pretty dang good imo.

Re: lol, the libs here are going off the deep end. Oh and we hav

Mar 17, 2020, 9:25 AM

HOW LONG YOU THINK THIS CRISIS WOULD LAST IF TRUMP ANNOUNCED THAT THE ELECTION WOULD BE POSTPONED UNTIL NEXT YEAR.

Mar 17, 2020, 9:31 AM

Liberal apoplexy syndrome would certainly steal the C-19 thunder

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL !!!!

Mar 17, 2020, 9:32 AM [ in reply to Re: lol, the libs here are going off the deep end. Oh and we hav ]

I don't know but watching all of the reactions would be entertaining.

Mar 17, 2020, 9:34 AM [ in reply to Re: lol, the libs here are going off the deep end. Oh and we hav ]

And YOU talk about idiotic posts?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Mar 17, 2020, 11:12 AM [ in reply to Re: lol, the libs here are going off the deep end. Oh and we hav ]

Here is what i suggested and would love to see it happen.

https://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1984000

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are naturally going to be more reported cases...

Mar 17, 2020, 9:31 AM [ in reply to lol, the libs here are going off the deep end. Oh and we hav ]

as testing increases.

While it can be deadly in some rare instances, more than 80% of cases will be mild to moderate, and those people will fully recover within a week or two.

While we should all be concerned and take this seriously, we should not panic.

I guess they have fake news here too! Haha!

Mar 17, 2020, 9:32 AM [ in reply to lol, the libs here are going off the deep end. Oh and we hav ]

WHO website is reporting 1714 as of midnight CET. But, no matter the exact number. It's definitely going to climb. Stay safe xtiger.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

you too, here's an accurate count map

Mar 17, 2020, 9:34 AM

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Re: you too, here's an accurate count map

Mar 17, 2020, 11:48 AM

there you go again with more facts.

what everyone is forgetting:

Mar 17, 2020, 9:39 AM

That ALL of those TV networks are considered entertainment. If anyone thinks that's the news, then you are mistaken.

Where I work out, there are 2 TVs together - in the mornings

Mar 17, 2020, 11:18 AM

one is on CNN, the other on FOX. I once commented to my son that it was hard to believe that the 2 broadcasts were reporting on events in the same country.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic