Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watching Oregon last night, and thinking about our own up
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,129

Watching Oregon last night, and thinking about our own up

Jan 2, 2015, 9:44 AM

tempo offense, we only THOUGHT we played fast Chad Morris's first couple of years. The Ducks were going so fast, the cameramen couldn't even keep up a couple of times. The National Championship Game is going to be fun to watch. And, how refreshing is it to have a Heisman trophy winner this year who actually is symbolic of what is GOOD about college football, instead of, you know, what we have had the last couple of years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

living out here the last 6 years I have watched them closely

Jan 2, 2015, 10:07 AM

they can go even faster than they did last night. You watch them at a game that is not a nationally TV game where the TV timeouts, etc. are less, they are blinding at times. If they ever get a tougher defense to go with what they recruit on O it could be a long term run for them. They have started recruiting some Florida kids lately. Nelson, the WR, is from Daytona Beach.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: living out here the last 6 years I have watched them closely

Jan 2, 2015, 10:14 AM

By watching what they do one man in the booth calling the plays one on the field to motion it in and I am sure they practice it! Add a senior QB that they have ask the confidence in I can see us getting there

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you have to have two things for it to run like that

Jan 2, 2015, 10:31 AM

a QB who can run, and a QB that can be accurate and decisive. DW looks like he can be both. Add a ton of speed to the mix AND a stable of RB's who run tough and can catch, there you have it. Get our RB's bigger, stronger over the off season, get DW healthy....I know we can go faster than even with Tajh was at his best because DW is a taller, more accurate passer.

I think the the two new OCs will be more attacking and

Jan 2, 2015, 10:34 AM

aggressive, too, kind of like Chad used to be. At least, that's the way the bowl game looked...

i thought the exact same thing

Jan 2, 2015, 10:48 AM

the lateral, perimeter passing game is good as a change of pace but you get the middle of the field loosened up with the running game and the post/slant routes, you start hammering folks. That's when you keep the pedal down until it is out of reach in the 4th quarter. It drives me nuts when the perimeter passing game becomes our running game. We have got to get better, more physical OL play for Gallman, Dye, Choice, Davidson to run through. If we get that, we will be lethal on offense.

Re: I think the the two new OCs will be more attacking and

Jan 2, 2015, 11:26 AM [ in reply to I think the the two new OCs will be more attacking and ]

> aggressive, too, kind of like Chad used to be. At
> least, that's the way the bowl game looked...

What I took from the Bowl game is that our new co-oc's will attack a weakness and they will continue to pound that weakness until the defense is forced to make adjustments and then they will find and attack the weakness in the defenses adjustments. I really think that the offense will be better than it was under Morris. Chad seemed to try to force his gameplan at times instead of attacking what the defense gives them.

I was at the game yesterday and not only was the speed and

Jan 2, 2015, 11:16 AM [ in reply to living out here the last 6 years I have watched them closely ]

Tempo impressive, but just straight up assignments and execution were flawless as well.

Re: Watching Oregon last night, and thinking about our own up

Jan 2, 2015, 11:06 AM

I hope our new guys were watching that game. Oregon impressed me.

The one thing that stood out to me was Marcus Mariota

Jan 2, 2015, 11:21 AM

Im not positive what the reason was, but he didnt have to squeeze balls into tight windows at all. 95% of his throws were to wide open receivers. Im not sure if thats great decision making or bad DB's or what, but I feel like I could make the vast majority of the throws he made.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2015, 11:41 AM

Oregon, last night, was the best coached team I've seen all year. Their offensive line was very impressive against FSU, and the defense was so aggressive, yet played their assignments first. Marcus Mariota was superb, not only talent-wise but in understanding their system. I have to believe that being there for four years brings so much experience and knowledge, so he could play loose and instinctively. I like the way he slides before contact, realizing how important he is to their offensive machine. I think Watson will be a far better natural passer than Mariota, and is similar in running ability, from the games I've seen this season. I just hope Deshaun takes the cues from Marcus in protecting himself from injury when he does run.

Jan 2, 2015, 1:00 PM

> Oregon, last night, was the best coached team I've
> seen all year. Their offensive line was very
> impressive against FSU, and the defense was so
> aggressive, yet played their assignments first.
> Marcus Mariota was superb, not only talent-wise but
> t in understanding their system. I have to believe
> that being there for four years brings so much
> experience and knowledge, so he could play loose and
> instinctively. I like the way he slides before
> contact, realizing how important he is to their
> offensive machine. I think Watson will be a far
> better natural passer than Mariota, and is similar in
> running ability, from the games I've seen this
> season. I just hope Deshaun takes the cues from
> Marcus in protecting himself from injury when he does
> run.

But I will say this... A lot of times Oregon wasn't even set & weren't called for it

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,129
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic