Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Xavier Brewer supports Sammy Watkins
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Xavier Brewer supports Sammy Watkins

May 4, 2012, 1:31 PM

Xavier Brewer supports Sammy Watkins

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is awesome. Thanks Xavier for saying this

May 4, 2012, 1:34 PM

nobody wants to look at their own problems. they would much rather make remarks about someone else since it is much easier to do.

Re: This is awesome. Thanks Xavier for saying this

May 5, 2012, 8:38 AM

Xavier..well said...we all make mistakes..thats part of Gods plan..Sammy will do fine....and dont think that we dont have his back and yours too....

Re: Football Player Update: Xavier Brewer supports Sammy Watkins

May 4, 2012, 1:37 PM

Everyone makes mistakes. He will be suspended by Swinney and will return to prominence. No Heisman this year.

May 4, 2012, 1:38 PM

Everyone makes mistakes. He will be suspended by Swinney and will return to prominence. No Heisman this year. Clasy move by Brewer.

But, but Xavier, how am I going to explain this to my 64

May 4, 2012, 1:40 PM

year old mom? That is the TOUGHEST part of all of this.

Re: But, but Xavier, how am I going to explain this to my 64

May 4, 2012, 2:00 PM

Explain to her that it is likely that her grandchildren or grand nieces or grand nephews will make equally bad decisions, it is part of growing up in our culture today for most of us and our families.

May 4, 2012, 3:21 PM

Or explain to her that there is this thing called a sense of humor...look into it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2012, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Re: But, but Xavier, how am I going to explain this to my 64 ]

Yep! What he said!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think we all support Sammy. This is dumb.***

May 4, 2012, 1:41 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: I think we all support Sammy. This is dumb.***

May 5, 2012, 12:55 PM

Except for all the people calling for him to be crushed for one stupid mistake

May 4, 2012, 2:07 PM

It's great he's supporting his teammate but what he doesn't understand is that people are upset about the drugs. Tiger fans understand mistakes but none of us condone drug use in any form.

May 4, 2012, 2:22 PM

I don't really consider weed a drug, but alas, it's still illegal.

At least it wasn't coke or meth.

well said!***

May 4, 2012, 2:09 PM

###, thats a mature dude!***

May 4, 2012, 2:28 PM

I support Sammy Watkins!

May 4, 2012, 2:31 PM

He got caught, he's 18, after season, after school's out. Fine and community service at most.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

light him up

May 4, 2012, 2:40 PM

Dabo is going to light into him. he is too much of a figurehead for our program to allow this to be settled with a slap on the wrist

Re: light him up

May 4, 2012, 3:04 PM

Dabo need to do whatever is best for Sammy Watkins.... Sammy has not damaged the reputation of CU or the Tiger football team... he has damaged his reputation and this will come up when he goes to the NFL, it might cost him millions especially if it happens again.

Dabo does not need to light him up! The police the press and some fans have already done that. Dabo needs to discipline Sammy to help Sammy learn from this so that it does not happen again.

I respectfully disagree with you.

May 4, 2012, 3:55 PM

If a harsh discipline is not given to him by Dabo, then this could jeopardize the discipline for the rest of the team for a long time.

May 4, 2012, 4:21 PM [ in reply to Re: light him up ]

EXACTLY!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cost him millions...give me a break.***

May 4, 2012, 4:59 PM [ in reply to Re: light him up ]

May 4, 2012, 4:19 PM [ in reply to light him up ]

He is no different than any other player on the team. He may be a better athlete. But he doesn't deserve to be held more accountable than anyone else on the team. He is a kid that has made a wrong turn. I did, you did, every body does, unless you are PERFECT.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 5, 2012, 9:02 AM

Exactly. Mike Bellamy was suspended for the bowl game. I know, I know, apples and oranges, given the contrast in both young men's disposition.

Just be fair, and consistent.

Bellamy missed two games - ACCCG and Bowl. However,

May 5, 2012, 2:44 PM

Bellamy was apparently toking it up in the team hotel the night before our most important game of the season - a vastly different circumstance than Sammy from a team standpoint.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2012, 3:24 PM

wow finally a facebook or twitter post on here that uses correct grammar and spelling. Very classy and mature post by XB as well.

May 4, 2012, 3:29 PM

It just literally blows my mind that you can literally have everything handed to you and the possibility of being a top NFL draft pick, and you can't just lay off the dope for 3-4 years.

May 4, 2012, 3:42 PM

When you are 18 years old you don't think about consequences to your actions and how it will affect you a few years down the road; being good at football doesn't exempt him from this. He has plenty of time to mend his reputation for the future hopefully he turns this mistake into a learning experience.

Agreed, it seems so logical to us sitting in the stands and

May 4, 2012, 4:04 PM

realizing such a great opportunitiy is right in front of you. All you have to do is avoid bad situations (such as this) and you will be rewarded!

Just like stupid Michael Vick. Had the spotlight on him, and all the money in the world, and he is going to go and do something stupid like dog fighting. What an idiot.

You were an 18 year old college kid once right? I can't tell

May 4, 2012, 4:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Player Update: Xavier Brewer supports Sammy Watkins ]

You how many times I drove home plastered. Yes it was stupid and I will never do it again. But, I was 18 like Sammy and I didn't think of the consequences.

May 4, 2012, 4:12 PM

You are so right. I can't believe the hate coming from some. Those that lives in that perfect Glass houses throwing stones. And keep your hate to your self. Logical thinking people understand that kids make mistakes. That is what makes them grow strong. Sammy will learn from this.

May 4, 2012, 4:55 PM

I support him also it may be a blessing in disguise that this happened sooner than later. It also gives some of our other talent to step up and step out into the spootlight.

May 4, 2012, 4:57 PM

I'm with XB on this...you praise the kid one day and vilify him the next. People need to step back and look at themselves before they trash Sammy

May 4, 2012, 7:02 PM

Good job XB. Spoken like a true Tiger.

Most of the bashers have

May 4, 2012, 7:53 PM

Got to be scar fans.....it's just run of the mill for this board.

Re: Most of the bashers have

May 5, 2012, 1:11 AM

It is mostly coots driving the knife as deep as they can into Sammy. But there is also some known Tiger fans doing the same thing. And that is the ones that hurt the most. You don't have to approve of what Sammy has gotten him self into. But you are suppose to stand up for him and give him a chance to prove that he is worthy of being trusted to do the right thing in his future. Sammy was considered to be great kid b4 this. As far as I'm concerned, he is still a great kid that made a mistake. Those that are dogging him out, I wouldn't never want you back stabbers pulling for me again if I were Sammy. I don't believe Sammy is sorry he got caught. I believe Sammy is truly sorry that he let himself and everybody who believed in him down. And I believe he will be a model student and athlete from here on out....

May 5, 2012, 2:31 PM [ in reply to Most of the bashers have ]

Sammy. This just caught everybody by surprise, but we are all human. I just think he has to receive the same discipline that Bellamy got. It is for his own good.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2012, 6:40 PM

those are my sentiments exactly. i was just caught SO off guard. another difference in bellamy and sammy is bellamy's attitude all year long. that may have added to the suspension for the bowl game. sammy may or may not be suspended for a game... either way i will also accept dabo's punishment of sammy haha.

I support Sammy also

May 5, 2012, 6:29 AM

Now is a time in his life he needs all our support
never turn your back on a family member

May 5, 2012, 8:23 AM

Couldn't agree with you more. Sammy is a Tiger, mistakes and all. Who among us hasn't made mistakes?

May 5, 2012, 12:55 PM

Good for him. It's easy to support someone in good times. Let's see how real Tigers fans react to this.

May 7, 2012, 10:00 AM

What a wonderful statement!!! Kudos to Xavier, and kudos to Sammy for taking ownership of his mistake, showing contrition for having made it, and his determination to make it right by accepting the consequences. I am very proud to be a Tiger! We have much to be thankful for.

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic