Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
lets talk about actual football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

lets talk about actual football

May 3, 2012, 4:42 AM

2012 season is right around the corner and once again Clemson has a frontloaded schedule. Big games on the block Auburn, FSU, Va Tech, and Scar. The good news is Auburn will be at more of a disadvantage then Clemson going into week one. They lost their starting rb and qb and are breaking in new schemes on both sides of the ball. My worry for this game is youth and inexpierence at the OL and Dl if they play solid Clemson should win this game. The players i will personally focus on because imo the Clemson tigers season may rest on their shoulders are De corey crawford and Lat Brandon Thomas. Im very concerned with the fact no one beat out BT for the LT spot where he looked completely uncomfortable at when he had to play it. And will Crawford or one of these young DE be able to get Clemson some pressure in a primarily zone based defense? I think after the Auburn game we fans will know what to look forward to. However i will be an optimistic fan and assume BT plays well and the Clemson D is improved. Fsu is next and they are built in the trenches on defense where they have stock piled talent. Imo this will be a dog fight and low scoring based on the fact that imo FSU has a terrible qb and arent as dynamic as many think at the wr spot making them more one dimensional then people think. Time for Venables to stack the box and see how good EJ is. I got Clemson stealing this one in a very low scoring game. Next big game would be Va Tech who in all honesty will have a much improved offense with an expierenced and talent.Logan Thomas at the helm. I think this one will be a game of.revenge and im gonna say my gut tells me Beamer can steal one in the.valley if the.Clemson gets a big head ahain like they did against Ga tech last year. Now for the antithesis of Clemson Scar. I truly doubt Scar qill have a healthy Shaw and i think by the time Clemson plays them their secondary will have been exposed badly and coupling that with hopefully a gelled offensive line injury free i think its time for Clemsons offense to explode on them and the scar offense lacking fire power at the wr spot allows every team they play to stack the.box 9-10 deep and really hit them in the mouth leaving them wore out by thie last game in november. Ok as you can tell i was bored and wanna hear y'alls take.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: lets talk about actual football

May 3, 2012, 7:13 AM

Very good observation on Brandon Thompson. That LT will be key for your season. You are optimistic about it just like every other team in the country is optimistic after a spring game. It's really a wait and see from here. I think FSU beats you, but I think you beat VaTech. You don't really know what you'll get with EJ so it might be close. I'll go FSU just because you've owned them of late and they had a backup in at QB last year. I think they really want this one and the calandar is circled. VaTech on the other hand seems to have lost some of it's luster. I think you win that one. Now to South Carolina. I'm not talking trash here, but the statement of "I doubt Shaw will be healthy" is terrible terrible terrible "coot logic". Really? It's May 3rd and you are predicting our quarterback won't be healthy in November? I really hope all your fans believe that. That statement makes no sense at all. Anyhow, about our secondary, we don't have a lot a depth, but do you realize who we have coming back? Obviously now. Akeem Auguste is a previous starter who was redshirted last year due to a nagging foot injury. He'll be 100% this fall and was our best corner before last year. He's a sleeper and hope no one notices. Swearinger is a starting safety that missed spring due to a minor foot injury. He'll be 100% in the fall. Victor Hampton is our best corner on the team. He was better than Gilmore. That and the fact we've brought in some great talent we redshirted last year doesn't make me worry about being "exposed" like you said. Maybe I'm just optimistic like everyone else after the spring.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gilmore was a good corner but fell off after his fr. year

May 3, 2012, 8:57 AM

I'm not taking anything away form the kid as he was drafted high and a great player. However I just didn't see the same production after his freshmen year, like Jeffery's imo. They both gave me nightmares a few years ago, recently, not so much though I believe they'll do well in the NFL.

It's a toss up about your secondary. You'll still be putting RS corners and safties out there and that is a recipe for disatour against pass happy teams like Ark. I'll wait and see about them before making a jugement call though.

May 3, 2012, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Re: lets talk about actual football ]

It's not terrible to "suppose" Shaw might be injured. I think it's kinda stupid to say he will be, but with the amount he likes to use his own legs, he'll also be getting hit more than most quarterbacks. It's just the way he plays.

But it's May, so you can't really have a guess in for November

Clemson

May 3, 2012, 9:19 AM

And everyone that was injured for you last year you say will be 100% in the fall. It's also an assumption. Ellington was thought to be healthy, but he still had nagging injury. You just never know how injuries will play out

Clemson

^^^panties got all wadded up^^^^

May 3, 2012, 9:34 AM [ in reply to Re: lets talk about actual football ]

Wonder what head games Spurdick will play with Shaw. He was the golden boy last year, which means Spurrier will turn on him this year.

VT can talk about revenge all they want

May 3, 2012, 9:00 AM

it didn't help them in the ACCCG and I doubt it helps them next year. They lose their only offenseive weapon in Wilson and their WRs just aren't dangerous enough to get seperation by themselevs. I'm not worried about that game and feel that we take it to them in the valley, they also lose their best CB in Hosley.

FSU will be a tough game just becuase it will most likely be a night game in Tall. That being said, unless they prove that they ave any kind of offense I won't be too worried. This will be the game that we learn about our OL.

SC will be good but they have a lot of question marks at the WR position as well as a few defensive spots. I don't believe them when they say that they have people who will step right in and get the same production as when Gilmore, Jeffery, and Ingram were there but we'll see.

I'm afraid our O-Line will be our undoing...

May 3, 2012, 9:27 AM

It says a lot that we can move a player from defense over and he becomes a starter on the O-Line - that's not good.

I'm afraid this will be 2008 all over again - when reports out of camp were that our defensive ends were unstoppable...but it turned out it was because our O-Line couldn't stop anybody.

Remember CJ and JD being met 2 yards deep in the backfield everytime they took a handoff? All the skill players in the world can't overcome a bad O-Line...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re: lets talk about actual football

May 3, 2012, 12:30 PM

The reason i say Shaw will more then likely be banged up is because your team has no wr to keep defenses honest and running the zone read into a 9 man box with a smaller qb can be bad. Shaw was literally knocked out if what 2 or 3 games last year? I dont wish injury on the kid i actually like him and lattimore b/c they seem like standup guys. Either way injuries will happen to both teams but for Clemson i think if AE goes down or any wr hets knicked up Clemson will be fine, however an injury on the Ol or at qb would worry me. If BT does his job i dont see Boyd getting hurt unless its some freak occurance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Re: lets talk about actual football

May 3, 2012, 1:57 PM

I see us going with a 2 TE set this year. We are loaded at that position this year and not loaded at WR. It only makes sense. We have tons of talent at RB even without Lattimore. We have stud TE's and I say do what your talent allows you to do. No offense, but we aren't throwing bubble screens with Spiller and Ford in the lineup. I know that frustrated a lot of clemson fans and rightfully so. I just know teams will stack the box and we say go ahead and try to stop it. The O-line, TE's and RB's will give Shaw tons of protection and allow receivers to get open with a stacked box. I'm no coach, but it's no secret Gamecock fans expect the unusual two TE sets under Spurrier. Can't wait til August!

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic