Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
let's face facts guys, the Gamecocks own us
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,157

let's face facts guys, the Gamecocks own us

Jul 6, 2017, 11:23 AM

They are our Daddies....or actually Mommies. They won ONE men's sport.

Gamecock Success Week: South Carolina Wins Palmetto Series
July 6, 2017
By Brad Muller | More Features

The South Carolina Gamecocks have defeated rival Clemson for the second consecutive year in the annual Certified SC Grown Palmetto Series. The Gamecocks edged the Tigers 8-7 for the past academic year.

“Our student-athletes dedicate themselves to excellence academically and in competition,” South Carolina Athletics Director Ray Tanner said. “I am so proud of their accomplishments and the coaches and staff who help them succeed. Thanks to the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, who brought the in-state competition to life, one that stretches beyond the fields, in the community and in the classroom.”

The Certified SC Grown Palmetto Series is sponsored by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture (SCDA) and is a year-long competition between the two schools in which points are awarded for the winners of head-to-head meetings in each sport. Points were also awarded for highest team GPA and for a food drive during the fall aimed at tackling hunger in their communities.

“South Carolina is home to championship level athletes and farmers, and SCDA is proud to be a part of this fierce, but friendly, rivalry that brings two great universities together to support our farmers,” SCDA Commissioner Hugh Weathers said. “We encourage fans to look for the Certified SC Grown label and continue to support both our farmers and this great competition.”

South Carolina earned victories over the Clemson in women’s soccer, volleyball, women’s golf, women’s diving, women’s basketball, women’s tennis, and men’s tennis.

“It always means a lot to beat your rival,” said women’s soccer head coach Shelley Smith. “Our focus is always the postseason and doing your best throughout the season, but it’s an important piece no matter what. It’s a matter of pride in this state, and we love bringing that victory back to the University and all of our fans. Both teams give it their all every time we meet. It’s a fun rivalry and it means a lot to our players to get that result.”

“I think it’s huge for the University to be able to say that we won two years in row,” said Chelsea Drennan, who recently graduated and was South Carolina’s career assists leader. “We always want to beat Clemson in anything whenever we can.”

The Gamecocks also took home the academic point, which was the deciding point in this year’s series, as the South Carolina student-athletes earned a higher combined grade point average than their Clemson counterparts for the fall and spring semesters.

“Rivalries bring out the best in athletes,” said McGee Moody, head swimming and diving coach. “In the bigger competitions, you’re elite athletes always step up. It’s special to know that we contributed not only in the pool, but also in the classroom towards another Palmetto Series win. It’s a big deal to us.”

Having won the competition in each of the first two years of its existence, the Gamecocks look forward to competing with their instate rivals as year three ramps up when the new academic year begins in the fall.

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/genrel/070617aag.html

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our wimminz look better

Jul 6, 2017, 11:32 AM

and that's what really matters.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if they're happy with their athletic program, we're happy

Jul 6, 2017, 11:35 AM

for them. Congrats to the Cluckers. We'll have to settle for the scraps we got - men's soccer, football, basketball, baseball, golf, women's cross country and the charity food drive.

Fire DRad!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL I love that this is a big deal to them. They have nothin***

Jul 6, 2017, 11:33 AM

Re: let's face facts guys, the Gamecocks own us

Jul 6, 2017, 11:35 AM

I'm sure the Tshirts are already on sale

Higher GPA but lower average incoming SAT scores...

Jul 6, 2017, 11:41 AM

How is that better academically? It just means they have easier classes.

Snowflake Basher........Out

BUT INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS!!!!!!!!111***

Jul 6, 2017, 11:42 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Clemson MBA ranked # 53 overall

Jul 6, 2017, 11:58 AM

USC MBA program ranked # 71 overall.

Whats even funnier is that our MBA program is only part time, while USC's is full time, yet ours is still ranked higher LOL

https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-business-schools/clemson-university-01198

https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-business-schools/university-of-south-carolina-moore-01199

Attending $CU = 13th grade***

Jul 6, 2017, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Higher GPA but lower average incoming SAT scores... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

What would those cawks do without women's sports?

Jul 6, 2017, 11:41 AM

And ironically their mascot is a ####.

Soccer, volleyball, women’s golf, women’s diving, women’s basketball, women’s tennis, and men’s tennis = $3.50 in total revenue.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

"I ain't givin you no tree-fitty!"***

Jul 6, 2017, 11:44 AM

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: let's face facts guys, the Gamecocks own us

Jul 6, 2017, 11:48 AM

Don't care, won Natty!

Uh, so what

Jul 6, 2017, 11:49 AM

I remember about 15-20 years ago or so I had a hardcore coot come up and make the same type of case to me while they were in the middle of ANOTHER 4 game losing streak to us in football. I then proceeded to get on my stump and tell him that SC is a football state. It's always been a football state and it will always be a football state and in this football state there can only be one dominant program. "Now bow down to the paw" I said jokingly. There was nothing he could say. This is yet another pathetic attempt by them to maximize achievements in which no one besides themselves really care about. Sure I want to beat them in everything but the granddaddy of them all is football. They can deny it if they want but they know it. We know it. Bragging rights are won in November period. Let them grasp at straws all they want.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,157
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic