Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Swinney announces QB starter for Georgia St
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 130
| visibility 201

FB Update: Swinney announces QB starter for Georgia St

Nov 18, 2014, 11:14 AM

Swinney announces QB starter for Georgia St

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well there goes 6 in a row...

Nov 18, 2014, 11:15 AM

I'm out...Catch all you guys next year...

Re: Well there goes 6 in a row...

Nov 18, 2014, 11:16 AM

Its against GA. St.! Not the coots, Watson will be back next weekend I'm willing to bet. Who cares who starts this weekend, both Stoudt and Schuessler will both get a half more than likely.

Nov 18, 2014, 11:19 AM

Wouldn't the smart thing to do if we're gonna start Scheussler vs the Coots is to start him against GA State and get him some snaps and confidence under his belt? No doubt this announcement means that we're starting Cole against SC barring DW being able to play. Absolutely MORONIC call by the coaching staff and I refuse to defend it.

the starter means nothing as both will probably receive

Nov 18, 2014, 11:24 AM

plenty of work

Re: the starter means nothing as both will probably receive

Nov 18, 2014, 1:47 PM

I beg to disagree. If who starts doesn't matter, then why not reward the guy who came into the game last week and did a pretty fair job, start over the guy who has not been very overwhelming in his leading of the offense all year? As you say, both may get plenty of work, but one showed how inept the offense is when he is at the helm, and the other looked fairly good when he came in the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought you just said you were leaving***

Nov 18, 2014, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Well there goes 6 in a row... ]

that's freakin' hilarious! sounds like yorktiger saying he

Nov 18, 2014, 11:47 AM

is gone after the B1G fiasco

Nov 18, 2014, 11:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Well there goes 6 in a row... ]

You make no sense whatsoever! Cole and Nick are all we have this weekend, one of them has to start! Its Sr. day....Cole is the Sr! Are we putting the pieces together here? Both will play a half more than likely so who cares who starts. Watson will probably be ready for SC regardless. Its one week at a time. If you hear this same news next Tues and Watson is still listed as doubtful, then you can panic. But not now.

Nov 18, 2014, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Well there goes 6 in a row... ]

There's a reason why they're paid millions of dollars and are coaching the team while you are not. Both QBs need more experience, that's not the question. But it seriously does not matter who starts the game as long as both Stoudt and Scheussler play.

Nov 18, 2014, 1:51 PM

It matters to them, and really, it probably matters to the team. It was more than obvious to me that the team showed no signs of confidence in themselves when Stoudt was in the game. I must admit that I didn't see anything in his performance that would warrant his reward of getting the starting role this week either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2014, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Well there goes 6 in a row... ]

And you no best!!!! Maybe if Morris leaves the Tigers they will hire you. And you wont support the rest of the team?? Ok, see you next year when you are one of the coaches.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2014, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Well there goes 6 in a row... ]

Wait and see. After a 9-3 defensive grudge match against Georgia State on Saturday, where Cole goes 14-35 with 2 picks and 17 yds rushing but still eeks out the win, we'll hear this time next week how Watson is still day to day and that Stoudt gives us the best chance to win against sc. Then, after we're smoked on our own field (again) by those b@st@rds, we'll hear that Watson wasn't ready to play and that they didn't feel like putting Schuessler in with as little preparation as he's had.

I'd bet my savings on it.

and wins player of the game for hangin' tough!!***

Nov 18, 2014, 11:48 AM

Re: and wins player of the game for hangin' tough!!***

Nov 18, 2014, 1:57 PM

I hope he doesn't get the opportunity to be "player of the game", because I hope Watson is ready to go. If Stoudt has to play, I certainly hope he plays like an All American. It would be a nice turn around.

I'll take that bet.. why not give me a $1 to $100 set up

Nov 18, 2014, 1:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Well there goes 6 in a row... ]

I will put in $1s to your $100s and away we will go.

#1 - I think we will not eek out a win over GA State so i will have your savings before Sunday.

Nov 18, 2014, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Well there goes 6 in a row... ]

Who ever the qb is will Morris please open up offense to get practice in case DW can't play against the coots. Open it up for reps against a lesser opponent. Maybe it will builds some confidence in both of them knowing they're running a vanilla offense cause of there skill set probably demoralizing. Go Tigers

it's sr day and we all owe it to him to start and play.

Nov 18, 2014, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Well there goes 6 in a row... ]

isn't that what I'm supposed to say?

Re: it's sr day and we all owe it to him to start and play.

Nov 18, 2014, 2:00 PM

We owe him some respect, and I do, but we don't "owe" him a starting job when he hasn't performed well lately.

Watson will not be back***

Nov 18, 2014, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Well there goes 6 in a row... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Didn't see where he said Cole is starting against SC

Nov 18, 2014, 11:17 AM [ in reply to Well there goes 6 in a row... ]

Also being a starter doesn't mean you'll get the most snaps. I expect to see Schussler a lot this game.

Re: Didn't see where he said Cole is starting against SC

Nov 18, 2014, 11:52 AM

You notice he said Cole will start the game as opposed to saying he's the starter. Big difference to me.

He and many others are to stupid to understand that.

Nov 18, 2014, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Didn't see where he said Cole is starting against SC ]

It's hilarious watching the coots try to convince themselves deshaun isn't going to play against them and that it will only be cole stoudt. The few smart enough to see that deshaun watson will in fact play them have already pulled the "coach making a poor injured player play disregarding his career card" without even knowing anything about his injury apart from a knee. They'll be gone in 2 weeks, it's gonna be Christmas in November.

Nov 18, 2014, 2:02 PM [ in reply to Didn't see where he said Cole is starting against SC ]

I hope you're right, but I have my doubts. Take a scan back and see how many snaps Dye has had since he was pronounced as ready to play.

Nov 18, 2014, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Didn't see where he said Cole is starting against SC ]

The big question is will we see Schuessler because we have to to have a chance to win, or because it is mop up time? I hope we only see him for mop up. I fear it will be the other circumstance.

That has literally nothing to do with Saturday.

Any QB not named Deshaun Watson will not win against SC, so it really doesn't matter.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

can I has your south Carolina tickets?***

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: can I has your south Carolina tickets?***

Nov 18, 2014, 11:22 AM

Nope. Lol.

Nov 18, 2014, 10:01 PM [ in reply to can I has your south Carolina tickets?*** ]

I'll sell you mine. But not at face value

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Nov 18, 2014, 10:19 PM

At this point those of us that do not want to see cole are not saying that he isn't the best choice to win. We are saying that at some point you have to start investing in your future, and cole is done. Let's see if maybe there is a Tom Brady in the team (3rd string for those that did not know ). Would rather lose with cole on the bench than see him throw another pick six.

Does reading comprehension allude you? Or, are you

Nov 18, 2014, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Well there goes 6 in a row... ]

geographically impaired? When did GEORGIA STATE become South Carolina?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

i think its 6 regardless of stout or Schuessler

Nov 18, 2014, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Well there goes 6 in a row... ]

only way we win is Watson IMO

and unfortunately, I think the team feels the same way too***

Nov 18, 2014, 11:50 AM

See ya

Nov 18, 2014, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Well there goes 6 in a row... ]

Fair weather fan. We don't need you.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

so are you selling your tickets ?

Nov 18, 2014, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Well there goes 6 in a row... ]

I still need 2 more.

thanks

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well I 've got em if you need em***

Nov 18, 2014, 11:53 AM

and by the way, I've already turned down a GOOD offer from

Nov 18, 2014, 11:55 AM

a sc fan! I'll not sell to one!!

I do in fact. sorry about your tmail.

Nov 18, 2014, 12:53 PM

was having some computer issues at work this morning and lost it in shuffle with tech folks.

If you want to tmail again, section , etc.. i will let you know.

thanks

Nov 18, 2014, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Well there goes 6 in a row... ]

Bye! GO TIGERS!

Nov 18, 2014, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Well there goes 6 in a row... ]

I sure hope you didn't go to Clemson. I'd like to think the alumni would have more faith in the team.

Nov 18, 2014, 3:59 PM [ in reply to Well there goes 6 in a row... ]

Yep where has the QB coaching been and the play calling . Cole locks in on a receiver and has no clue what is going on around him. We are doomed

Nov 18, 2014, 8:01 PM [ in reply to Well there goes 6 in a row... ]

Don't bother coming back next year if you're just gonna quit on the team now.

Re: FB Update: Swinney announces QB starter for Georgia St

Nov 18, 2014, 11:16 AM

Un freaking believable.

can I has your south Carolina tickets?***

Nov 18, 2014, 11:18 AM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Why?***

Nov 18, 2014, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney announces QB starter for Georgia St ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Why?***

Nov 18, 2014, 11:25 AM

why what? why is it unbelievable? Because this is getting ridiculous! I don't care if we are playing Greenville High....this SENIOR has proven he is totally inept. To be totally honest, I can't understand for the life of me why Clemson ever recruited him. I don't care if he has given 15 years of his life
to this school, he doesn't deserve to start against anybody.

How many years have YOU given to the school?***

Nov 18, 2014, 11:49 AM

15 and sr day means he gets to get his name called and run

down the hill by himself-----but please please don't anyone do anything but cheer for him!!!!!

Re: How many years have YOU given to the school?***

Nov 18, 2014, 12:04 PM [ in reply to How many years have YOU given to the school?*** ]

Who cares how many years I've given to the school? None of your business, really, but I'm young so I haven't had as much opportunity as everyone else to give. But I still do. As it is, Clemson runs in my family and we, as a whole, have given a gracious plenty!

My giving status has nothing to do with Cole undeservingly being named the starter for crap reasons like his "time served".

you go girl!! you are a pretty girl right...lol***

Nov 18, 2014, 12:08 PM

Re: you go girl!! you are a pretty girl right...lol***

Nov 18, 2014, 12:10 PM

lol...come on now, don't make me blush....

I like makin' pretty girls blush.....***

Nov 18, 2014, 12:17 PM

Therefore, you don't get to make the decision.

Nov 18, 2014, 12:16 PM [ in reply to Re: How many years have YOU given to the school?*** ]

I will excuse your youth for a selfish attitude.

Re: Therefore, you don't get to make the decision.

Nov 18, 2014, 12:20 PM

Haha, I'm fully aware I don't get to make the decision. I'm on here discussing it just like anybody else. Don't get your panties in a wad because I voice my opinion more sternly than some. Speaking of decision-making, though... does being alum, IPTAY member, and season ticket-holder allow YOU to make decisions where the team is concerned? Didn't think so.

My opinion is just as important as yours.

My decision is made with my donations and loyalty.

Nov 18, 2014, 12:43 PM

And, trust me, it counts more than a 'message board'

with all due respect that is where your decision making ends

Nov 18, 2014, 1:43 PM

whether to donate and support or not to.

Re: Therefore, you don't get to make the decision.

Nov 18, 2014, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Therefore, you don't get to make the decision. ]

And you don't get to tell her what she can and can't do with respect to booing Cole (or anybody else she wants to boo).

It runs both ways...if Dabo wants to make sure that his players aren't booed, then he needs to do a better job coaching himself and having his assistants coach a better game!

MT

Nov 18, 2014, 12:29 PM [ in reply to Re: How many years have YOU given to the school?*** ]

so in other words you haven't given anything to the school

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Nov 18, 2014, 1:57 PM

Wrong. I'm a co-season ticket holder with another family. But, that is neither here nor there because there are no requirements when it comes to the fans of the game. Period.

i couldn't agree more with this. You are exactly right!***

Nov 18, 2014, 9:05 PM

Why are people acting surprised by this? Its him and Nick this weekend, everyone should have already known that. I don't get it.

Gripers want to gripe.

Nov 18, 2014, 11:21 AM

In my 48 years in church, some people just are not happy unless they are complaining about something.

This is getting old........***

Uggh - the faint whistling sound you just heard was what little hope I had for Dabo to come to his senses escaping my body.

I wish I had the patent on the stupid pills some of you are hooked on! Dabo is the coach, and a good one, so back off and watch the Tigers succceed. If you can't wait to boast of your knowledge at least give those of us who truly support the team a rest from your tremendous gift!

Nov 18, 2014, 11:26 AM

Hmm - I haven't looked, but I'd imagine somewhere on TV today, they'll show the repeat of the GaTech game. Go ahead and watch that, observe objectively, and then get back to me.

Nov 18, 2014, 11:35 AM

You would have to be a very stupid coach to trash an entire season on the performance of one player in the last game. No one will argue that Stoudt didn't play well against GT but do you honestly think that he should be pulled out to be replaced by another player who has not played meaningful minutes in three or four years? YOU are not a part of this team in any way. You have absolutely no way of knowing what happens during the week in preparing to play the next opponent. You guess while the real coaches know. You are hoping Stoudt fails in this game because it is against your wishes that he gets to start. You are a real fan.

Nov 18, 2014, 11:46 AM

I'm not making my assumptions of Cole on one game - I'm making them based on what I've seen all season, Mrs. Stoudt. He's awful. Syracuse sucks, Wake Forest sucks and we have the talent to be able to blow Louisville, BC and GT out of the stadiums. We haven't scored an offensive TD in months! It wasn't just a bad game - that was a terrible game of epic proportions. That's the kind of game that gets coaches fired and players kicked off teams.

I'm 35 years old, I've been attending games for 30 years. I'm a season ticket holder, attend nearly all home games and several yearly away games as well. I'm as loyal to the TEAM as any one person can be - but in no way to I have even one iota of faith in Cole Stoudt. Being loyal and a fan does not mean blindly supporting any kind of lamebrained idea the coaches come up with - my money goes toward the athletic department - I'm paying for these decisions. If Dabo proclaimed this Saturday "North Korea Day", where we all show our allegiance to the glorious leader, Kim Jong-il - would you support it - because "that's what fans do. They support their team."???

35??? My children have been real fans long before you were born! Even my grandson can watch a Clemson game and see that that Stoudt doesn't have a chance to be great with the support that he has.Clemson has problems now and everyone knows that but trashing the players is unacceptable by anyone.

Nov 18, 2014, 12:26 PM

Based on that response, I can only be lead to believe your an old, old man and dementia has crept in. It's okay - eat your oatmeal for lunch, bundle up and get some rest. It'll all be over soon.

Nov 18, 2014, 12:40 PM

I'll match wits with you any day boy on any subject!

I can understand his decision

it's Senior Day. However, I would like to see NS get some playing time too.

He will.***

Any chance that Cole just had a bad game?

Believe me, i want bash. But my subconscious usually does a nice job of playing devils advocate and looks for a stat that would nullify any said bashing.

Like for instance...Want to bash Cole? Well, Eli threw 5 picks this weekend. Heck, i know there have been Hall of Fame QB's to have just as bad a game.

Want to bash The Chad? Ooo I'm sure you do. Thinking we need Auburns OC?

Georgia held AU to 7 this weekend. Not much better than the way we played offensively

On a side note: i would not be Suprised if Cole still makes it to the league. Or at least gets a shot

\/\/\/\////

> On a side note: i would not be Suprised if Cole still
> makes it to the league. Or at least gets a shot

Hopefully he plays well to end the year but 0% chance of that

This is the right move. AND if you are

Nov 18, 2014, 11:20 AM

Lucky enough to be at the game this Saturday, when Cole stands at the top of The Hill as a Senior, PLEASE give him a great ovation. One, he deserves it and two, a confident QB is way better than the alternative when we face the coots. If you boo him you are a pos. Period.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is the right move. AND if you are

Agree with you to a certain extent, especially re: booing him. No Clemson player should be booed, regardless; and we must remember that these are college students/kids.

The other side of me believes that he may possibly be the worst QB in Clemson history (from a performance standpoint); whether it is confidence or talent, that can be debated.

Could not agree more.

Nov 18, 2014, 11:26 AM [ in reply to This is the right move. AND if you are ]

We don't need media hype claiming Clemson boos players.

Re: Could not agree more.

Nov 18, 2014, 11:41 AM

TRUE, but it will happen because we have fans who have been winners all their life and will not accept losing in any way. I wish I had a background on these nameless posters who claim superior knowledge of sports.
Notice the gripes come from 'people' who do not want to be identified. I suspect that a high percentage have no identification with Clemson University other than their claim of 'fan'. lol

So true

Nov 18, 2014, 11:51 AM

And many of those 'fans' are posters in this thread.

SPOT ON!

Nov 18, 2014, 12:58 PM [ in reply to This is the right move. AND if you are ]

Dabo said it best...at the end of the day we are FAMILY.
Cole needs confidence. This is the game to do it. He needs 80,000 people showing him we support him.
And I happen to believe if we don't get DW back for USuC, a confident Stoudt is enough to beat them with our defense being dominant.

Re: SPOT ON!

Nov 18, 2014, 1:50 PM

If Cole played that poorly in 5 or 6 games as the starter, what makes anyone think that's gonna change? Confidence doesn't have anything to do with it. The dude just isn't a good QB. I'm not aold on Nick either but I'd rather take a chance on him than take a sure loss by letting Cole start.

Re: SPOT ON!

Nov 18, 2014, 2:15 PM

I thought form your post above you were leaving until next year. So see ya next year.

At what point during the game can we boo the coaching

Nov 19, 2014, 6:21 AM [ in reply to This is the right move. AND if you are ]

Staff's decisions? I agree, you should never boo the players.

But if you are a long time fan of modest means (not hundreds of thousands to donate but you buy tickets, contribute a little to IPTAY and the school and attend games, how do you light a fire under the athletic dept and administration - BEFORE withdrawing your meager $ contributions?

Booing is the warning shot before the $ goes away. So at what point during the game do we get to let our voice be heard AND not have someone assume we are booing the players? After all, they want us making noise during big games and be the 12th man. Well they must also take the flip side of that too.

He sure as #### wasn't ready and didn't respond well....

Nov 18, 2014, 11:20 AM

this past Saturday in Atlanta.

He completed six passes.

Three to Clemson and three to Georgia Tech.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Of course, start a injured 4 yr backup.. Did a super job last week. Lets get him hurt so Nick and Olsen will win the Scar game. Stout needs to heal for scar. Dabo's pet and being Senior gets him the start not performance.

Coaches decisions have given Clemson the 3 losses not injuries.

What gets me is his explanation, its like he doesnt give a rats @55 about performance.

"Why would they react bad to Cole Stoudt? Because he had a bad game? He has given four years of his live to this school. He was always ready and every time we needed him he was ready. Has he lost a little confidence this year? Yes. But at the end of the day, we are family."

"You are honest with each other and love each other and have each other's back. He has done nothing but represent this university with class and has great character. It's a shame that is the world we live in."

"Cole Stoudt will start the game I like how he has responded in my meeting with him and coming back to work yesterday and last night. He gives us the best chance to win.

- He was the offensive MVP a few weeks ago and before that he won the Leather helmet. "

Give me a break

I dont care how many years he's given, start the BEST guy

for the job. This Dabo loyalty is getting ridiculous, and its the same as what got CTB fired. Too darn loyal to senior players and coaches. Do what gives you the best chance of winning within the rules.

This is the equivalent of curling up in the fetal position

and waiting to be beat to death.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: This is the equivalent of curling up in the fetal position

Nov 18, 2014, 11:26 AM

by kindergartners with wiffle ball bats

This is the right decision given the circumstances

Nov 18, 2014, 11:31 AM [ in reply to This is the equivalent of curling up in the fetal position ]

and I bet that Cole has a short leash in this game. Either way I expect Nick to play a lot as well

Cole MVP at Wake?

Nov 18, 2014, 11:27 AM

No one can seriously watch that game and call Cole the MVP.

Yes he had 282 yards passing and 3 TD's. Of those 282 yards passing, about 30 of those yards were actually past the LOS. The WR did almost ALL of the work, including the longest "pass" to Scott on the jet sweep.

Not even going to get into the fact that Wake was one of the worst teams in the entire country and he still struggled running the base offense.

The things Dabo says at the end is beyond discouraging. I am sure Stoudt has done all of those things, but none of them are qualifications for being the starting QB at Clemson.

I was initially not on the Dabo bandwagon because he wouldn't get rid of Napier and other questionable decisions or non-decisions. He then hired Chad Morris and I hopped on.

This type of incompetence makes me start to question whether or not Dabo has the coaching mentality it takes to win a National Championship even if all the other pieces are in place.

kinda thought this was coming

Nov 18, 2014, 11:28 AM

As tempting as it undoubtedly was for Dabo to just summarily bench Cole and go with Schuessler, that dumps a lot in Nick's lap all at once. If he goes in and starts struggling, the boo-birds will come out...and then Schuessler could well melt down, and instead of one blown QB we then have two.

Instead, let Stoudt take the hit, and the pressure. Schuessler will get a good bit of time on Saturday, you can almost count on that. If Nick does well, he'll be a hero, if he doesn't, he's insulated some from the blistering he'd take from a very frustrated fan base he'd take if he started and didn't play well.

I think it's all window dressing anyhow. Bottom line is, without Watson, I'd say it's likely we just plain don't have a decent second option at QB.

Re: kinda thought this was coming

Nov 18, 2014, 11:30 AM

There is no better time to "dump it all on Nick's lap" than against Georgia State at home.

My thought as well. I don't think expectations are that

Nov 18, 2014, 11:34 AM

high for Scheussler, and I wouldn't expect him to take a blistering at all if he plays poorly. On the other hand, unfortunately, there will be a blistering sure enough if Stoudt crashes yet again.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Nov 18, 2014, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Re: kinda thought this was coming ]

Exactly - but if they do that, then Dabo doesn't have an excuse as to why he wouldn't put him in when we're getting blasted out of our own stadium in two weeks. At least if Stoudt plays the whole game, Dabo can still hold on to his "b..bb but Nick didn't really have the experience to go into that hostile environment against the gayturds..." ace card.

What happened to the kid who transferred from Stanford?

Nov 18, 2014, 11:51 AM [ in reply to kinda thought this was coming ]

David Olson is his name I believe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Nov 18, 2014, 1:10 PM [ in reply to kinda thought this was coming ]

Thanks for bringing logic into this thread ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is everyone meeting at the hill with torches & pitchforks?***

Nov 18, 2014, 11:34 AM

Re: Is everyone meeting at the hill with torches & pitchforks?***

Nov 18, 2014, 11:35 AM

Tell me when. It's a 4 hour drive from where I'm at... But I'm pi$$ed - I'll make it in two and a half.

Deer Dabo....

Nov 18, 2014, 11:37 AM

What does this have to do with his bad play this year?(mostly the first quote)

"He has given four years of his live to this school," Swinney said. "He was always ready and every time we needed him he was ready. Has he lost a little confidence this year? Yes. But at the end of the day we are family."

A LOT of people have given 4+ years of their lives to Clemson....doesn't mean we deserve to be the starting QB.

I like Dabo but the lovefest with Cole is getting really, really old. Him being here for so long has become his stock answer when questioned.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: Deer Dabo....

Dabo is just cashing in on some of the credit he has earned the last couple of years.
I understand helping with the confidence stand point for now and the future life of this kid, but he is also HURT and Dabo could have just said you are to hurt to run our offense right now, period!!

Re: Deer Dabo....

Nov 18, 2014, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Deer Dabo.... ]

Precisely. Dabo's got a high school coach's mentality trying to function in a key money maker in college athletics. Those recruits that we have? Think they give a flip about whether Cole has earned his place? They expect to see Clemson with a "W" next to it. Think donors climb into their beds after losing a game Clemson should have won saying "well, at least we let that guy play - after all, he earned it". Heck no! We want wins! We donate for wins and the betterment of the University. We don't donate so we can be cozy that our coach started the guy that earned it - even though he's clearly incapable. Something is fishy here with this Stoudt situation - and I think it starts with his family and $$$ involved. Could be completely wrong, so just a guess.

Same thing with PArker even though everyone knew Boyd

Nov 18, 2014, 1:37 PM [ in reply to Deer Dabo.... ]

was a better fit for the system? He's loyal to a fault.

To all the quitters

Nov 18, 2014, 11:51 AM

Don't let the door hit you in your a$$ on the way out!

ALL IN! GO TIGERS FIGHT!***

Nov 18, 2014, 1:37 PM

Good riddance but,

Nov 22, 2014, 11:24 AM [ in reply to To all the quitters ]

He will be back every year, ready to bitchsome more. Go Tigers whoever QBs.

it says starter for G st not

U suck balls university! The streak will end this year just gotta have heart and maybe a little early christmas present (AKA) Watson!
Even if no Watson we have seen some preety bad games and then all of a sudden next game we be on fire. Who knows maybe Stoudt finds his Balls this weekend and gets something going! Either way gotta have faith and Pride rember We shouldnt have even won 7 this year according to ESPN we are on rebuilding year... Always a chance thats why u play the game!

yes, just have heart

Nov 18, 2014, 12:03 PM

by us having heart it will end the streak

RUDY! RUDY! RUDY!***

Nov 18, 2014, 12:23 PM

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Has anyone heard about

Nov 18, 2014, 12:06 PM

Olson, the transfer from from Stanford?

Re: Has anyone heard about

Nov 18, 2014, 1:02 PM

I know this.....he was a star at Irmo High School....but a friend of mine who coached there during his tenure told me with full confidence and no hesitation that he is not a D1 quarterback.

Nov 18, 2014, 12:14 PM

I want my son to be a qb and go to Clemson! Apparently all you have to do is kiss dabos $$$ and stay there 4 years and you will start regardless of talent! Horrible decision by our coaches! Dabo really is putting his resume on the line this year!

Nov 18, 2014, 12:24 PM

Cole deserved to lose the starting job & Nick deserved to win it

Nov 18, 2014, 12:27 PM

I don't care how long he waited, Stout gives us the best chance to lose.His good games came against week teams. He choked under pressure

I Agree To A Point

Nov 18, 2014, 12:47 PM

I agree that Cole should start the game Saturday, as he is a senior and they are celebrating Senior Day. And, of course, he shouldn't be booed when his name is announced and he runs down the Hill. That's not who we are or want to be.

Now, once the game gets going, if he is struggling - and I have every reason to believe that he will based on what I've seen the last five games - he needs to be pulled and replaced with Nick.

Part of the frustration that the fans have with the situation is this coaching staff's relentless loyalty to Cole. As someone mentioned earlier, it's very similar to the garbage we saw with Kyle Parker in 2010, later in the season, when he was truly playing horribly and our coaching staff did nothing but continue to play him. Someone also said that Tommy Bowden did that, and I agree that was a real contributor to his downfall and demise as Clemson's head coach (though it was also his loyalty to Spence).

Cole has struggled mightily in this five game stretch. He's had some bright moments, but the majority of his work has been pretty poor. We won the first four games with Cole as QB because our defense bailed us out. The defense, Saturday, couldn't overcome the points that Cole gave to Georgia Tech on the pick sixes. For Dabo to sit there and lie to us - as if we're a bunch of clueless idiots - that Cole is really playing better than what we're actually seeing with our own eyes is making a lot of folks mad.

I agree that the players should not be booed. However, our coaches are paid a lot of money to win games and to put a good game plan together so that Clemson has a good product on the field. And our highest-paid offensive coordinator in the country isn't even coming close to getting it done.

I think that a lot of the anger/angst on this board right now is that those of us that are realists are very aware that a sixth straight loss to the Chickens is a very real possibility and we all have seen this coaching staff get schooled by the OBC on several occasions. While I feel good about Venables and his unit's ability to have a good game plan for the Chickens, I have zero confidence that even with Watson playing that our offensive coaching staff (including Dabo) can put together a game plan - and have the players execute that game plan - that can beat the OBC.

And those of you that defend him (Dabo) and act like it's not his fault that he has six losses in a row to Carolina...and another one on the way...are just crazy. Dabo is paid big money and it's time to demand a better return on that investment that the University and Clemson Family have made in his program. I'm happy that Dabo recruits quality kids and that his players, generally, don't get in trouble and publicly embarass the University. But that doesn't give him a free pass for putting a poor product on the field. I believe that the talent is there for us to beat many of the teams on our schedule just with the talent. I think we have some serious coaching deficiencies (Caldwell and Morris to name a couple) that Dabo needs to address or send them packing.

I'll be there and I won't boo. However, I'll continue to be critical of this coaching staff until changes are made and they right this ship.

MT

Boooooooooooo!!!!!!***

Nov 18, 2014, 12:54 PM

Nov 18, 2014, 1:41 PM

I generally don't call BS on statements by Dabo, but we are in real trouble, trouble beyond what I've seen thus far, if we can't stomp a mud hole in GA State's arses, no matter who is playing QB this week. Stoudt, reportedly, has had a great attitude all year, but so what? He still has led a spitting and sputtering offense to some underwhelming wins over relatively weak competition, and when we needed a QB to make plays, he has fallen short of the mark way too often.

Nov 18, 2014, 1:48 PM

Stoudt has had a bad game every game he played except the UGa game which was mediocre at best. It's senior day so he will start he shouldn't play much because he can't escape and our o line sucks.

Nov 18, 2014, 2:06 PM

I fully expected Cole and Nick to both get a shot to say they want to be the guy.
I really dont have a problem with this unless Nick gets no/very little time. He needs reps.. if not for this year then for next.

Dabo, I'm a huge fan and grad, but I live in Columbia. The

Nov 18, 2014, 2:37 PM

HUGE roar you just heard is coming from Columbia. Maybe you should spend some time down here.
Do whatever you think best, and I know you will, but you must end this Five Year Reverse Curse!
PERIOD.....ENOUGH SAID!

Re: Dabo, I'm a huge fan and grad, but I live in Columbia. The

Nov 18, 2014, 4:02 PM

I'm also a grad that has spent time in Columbia. I know I'm alone in this forum, but I never mind when we lose to the '##### in any sporting event. If you objectively compare the two universities, there is no comparison.

Clemson has a beautiful campus, top notch professors, no shortage of national and international research grants, and, by most measures, an 80th percentile ranking among US public universities. And disregarding the Charlie Pell years (and, to a lesser degree, the Ford years) we've run a fairly clean athletic program.

The University of South Carolina is a sad looking campus in a mid-sized metropolitan city, with a very average faculty, low entrance requirements, huge classes, and ranks on par with the other large state institutions in the SEC (Vanderbilt being the exception, but of course it's private). Many of their fans are still fighting the Civil War. And while their football coach has brought his team out of obscurity, they have a FSU-style approach to managing criminals on their team.

I enjoy the sporting rivalry, but if beating us in a game of ground acquisition is all they can crow about, let them. It's really unimportant in the macro view. I will now duck and cover.

Re: Dabo, I'm a huge fan and grad, but I live in Columbia. The

Nov 18, 2014, 4:02 PM [ in reply to Dabo, I'm a huge fan and grad, but I live in Columbia. The ]

I'm also a grad that has spent time in Columbia. I know I'm alone in this forum, but I never mind when we lose to the '##### in any sporting event. If you objectively compare the two universities, there is no comparison.

Clemson has a beautiful campus, top notch professors, no shortage of national and international research grants, and, by most measures, an 80th percentile ranking among US public universities. And disregarding the Charlie Pell years (and, to a lesser degree, the Ford years) we've run a fairly clean athletic program.

The University of South Carolina is a sad looking campus in a mid-sized metropolitan city, with a very average faculty, low entrance requirements, huge classes, and ranks on par with the other large state institutions in the SEC (Vanderbilt being the exception, but of course it's private). Many of their fans are still fighting the Civil War. And while their football coach has brought his team out of obscurity, they have a FSU-style approach to managing criminals on their team.

I enjoy the sporting rivalry, but if beating us in a game of ground acquisition is all they can crow about, let them. It's really unimportant in the macro view. I will now duck and cover.

Nick Schuessler should get the start!***

Nov 18, 2014, 3:00 PM

Including MYSELF....

Nov 18, 2014, 4:11 PM

we need to quite giving Cole a hard time.
Including myself.

If Watson can't play, who else do we have...please don't say Schussler.

Cole is the only option, win or lose.

Its not like the OL has done a good job either...ANY of them...heck, start calling
some of those guys OUT. (AND CALDWELL-PEARMAN)

Heck, those 2 coaches should be on a short, short leash.

Nov 18, 2014, 8:08 PM

> > cellspacing=0>
> cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 width=100>> width=5> 
> src="http://i1.tigernet.com/players/football/2014/stou
> dt_cole_head.jpg">
> size=2>
> href="/update/player/Swinney-announces-QB-starter-Geor
> gia-St-17911" class=newstitle>> style="font-family: Helvetica, Arial, Helv,
> sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-weight: bold;
> color: #E96F26; text-decoration: none">Swinney
> announces QB starter for Georgia
> St

> target=_blank
> href="/update/player/Swinney-announces-QB-starter-Geor
> gia-St-17911">Read Update
> »

He's starting Cole due to senior day. I wouldn't read anymore than that.

Nov 18, 2014, 9:09 PM

Anyone that's wants to give me your tickets, I would happy to take them off your hands. The people sitting around you will also thank you.????

I gave 4 years and $40,000 can I start Saturday?******

Nov 18, 2014, 9:55 PM

Nov 18, 2014, 10:52 PM

Here's a challenge to all the REAL TIGER FANS.............let's break the decibel record at Good old Death Valley when they announce Cole as our QB! TIGER PRIDE................NOT TIGER PANZIES!

Nick has given three years, Dabo.

Nov 19, 2014, 5:37 PM

Cole has already used up what is that one year more experience on the field proving he is not the one, won't be here next season.

Get over it already coach.

Nick needs some game experience for next season, sparkplug.

Both can beat GA State but it benefits the program for us to have a second QB with some game experience next season.

SMH

Replies: 130
| visibility 201
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic