Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Outpost
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,559

The Outpost

Aug 25, 2020, 8:21 AM

Rented the movie, The Outpost this week. This movie shows the build up to the final battle at Combat Outpost Keating located in a remote valley in Afganistan. The final battle occurred in October 2009. Daniel Rodriguez who played football at Clemson after leaving the service played himself. The movie includes a testimonials from many of the soldiers that participated in the battle including Daniel Rodriguez as the credits are roll at the end. The movie also includes a tribute to the soldiers that died during the battle and during the time leading up to it. If you like war movies, you will probably like this movie. One of the reasons I rented this was to learn more about the Daniel Rodriguez’s time in Afghanistan.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Outpost

Aug 25, 2020, 8:24 AM

IT WAS AN AWESOME MOVIE. CAN NOT EVEN IMAGINE GOING THROUGH SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

just ordered it!

Aug 25, 2020, 9:06 AM
ummm.jpg(342.3 K)

You say that Daniel plays himself in the movie

I didn't seem to notice him on the front cover. Funny, the real hero of the story is the scrub that doesn't make the cover. and some actors that probably have a european style toilet get portrayed as killas.

PSSHHH

I hope he is in the movie. I don't know how much of Orlando Bloom acting hard I can take.

Re: just ordered it!

Aug 25, 2020, 9:33 AM

HE IS IN SEVERAL SCENES. NOT ONE OF THE STARS.

Aug 25, 2020, 9:29 AM

I still get chills when I recall him running across the field at Military Appreciation Day to hug the F15 pilot who flew the close air-ground support mission (and pre-game flyover at Clemson) - it was a truly special moment. Wish I had the video of it.

Needless to say, Daniel Rodriguez will always be a special kind of Tiger and Dabo is a special kind of Coach to give him the opportunity to play football on the National stage. A story easily to rival Rudy - maybe one day he gets his own Clemson movie to go with this one!

I will watch The Outpost.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of '87

Aug 25, 2020, 9:31 AM

There are several interesting points about the book and movie. I read the book a few years ago. It was well done. The author is Jake Tapper- yes CNN Jake. I have to admit he did a nice job explaining what led up to the climactic battle and how stupid of a position these men were placed in to begin with. They were placed in a bowl surrounded by high ground where the Taliban was located. Additionally, even though this battle action involved a relatively few U.S. soldiers, not one, but two Congressional Medal of Honor recipients were honored which is extremely unusual. Save for the leadership of one of those recipients, the good guys would have been annihilated.The movie does a very good job of showing how unwise decisions from brass far removed from the actual conflict can risk their men needlessly.It also showed how confusing and chaotic combat is.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2020, 9:34 AM

WELL WE ALL KNOW WHO WAS IN CHARGE WHEN IT HAPPENED. NUFF SAID

Aug 25, 2020, 9:38 AM

Thanks for the post, as I had no idea there was a movie made. Will definitely check it out!

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,559
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic