Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Tanner Muse: Plenty of options but plan is still to enroll at Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

New Story: Tanner Muse: Plenty of options but plan is still to enroll at Clemson

May 25, 2015, 7:01 AM

Tanner Muse: Plenty of options but plan is still to enroll at Clemson

Tanner Muse has plenty of options as May heads into June, but as of right now the 2015 Clemson football commit expects to be on Clemson's campus to begin classes and summer workouts in June. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

just don't like the 2-sport athlete..after seeing Parker do it!

May 25, 2015, 10:58 AM

Felt like it caused him & the two teams involved a lot of headaches & less than stellar performances at crucial times..imo.

GoTiGERS

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: just don't like the 2-sport athlete..after seeing Parker do it!

May 25, 2015, 11:18 AM

I'm sure there are others that have done it at Clemson but the two that come to mind are Kyle Parker and Roscoe Crosby. They both took different routes but neither ever achieved their full potential in either sport, IMO, for whatever reason. If Muse goes in the first 7 or 8 rds does he do the college football minor league baseball thing like Roscoe did right away or Parker did after he was drafted. It just doesn't seem to work out for the better interests of all parties involved, at least from what I've seen. I guess that's why we've only seen Bo and Deion be successful at the pinnacle for both sports.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Parker seems to be doing alright at baseball

May 25, 2015, 11:57 AM

18 games in the majors so far and I don't think he's done yet.

Re: Parker seems to be doing alright at baseball

May 25, 2015, 1:14 PM

I don't think Parker is done yet either. But I don't think he was able to give his all in football that second year. I think Roscoe would have soon come back to FB full time but I thinm tbe pressures from both sports and being pulled a hundred different ways hampers them. I think back to when I was 18, 19, 20 I couldn't decide what kind of beer i was going to drink that day. Tbese guys are making possible life altering decisions that could mean millions. That has to weigh on your ability to perform and I think that is evident. I wish them all nothing but the best. I look at Jeff Francouier (sp?) and I know his career didn't progress in the majors like the early returns loomed after his rookie season but he made the right decision.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dj reader and nuk both tried it; maybe the two most recent?***

May 25, 2015, 12:04 PM [ in reply to Re: just don't like the 2-sport athlete..after seeing Parker do it! ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Matt Padgett did it...nm***

May 25, 2015, 12:23 PM

May 25, 2015, 2:21 PM [ in reply to just don't like the 2-sport athlete..after seeing Parker do it! ]

Multi-tasking: Verbiage for doing several things with mediocre results.

Through the years some have done it well: Mike Eppley, Hal

May 25, 2015, 4:02 PM [ in reply to just don't like the 2-sport athlete..after seeing Parker do it! ]

Sutton, Gary Helms, and of course, one Banks McFadden did pretty well.....lol.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 25, 2015, 5:02 PM [ in reply to just don't like the 2-sport athlete..after seeing Parker do it! ]

I can understand how you as an adult and fan feel, but what we all fail to realize is that this is an 18 year old kid with tons of ability and energy. He isn't worried about one or two plays, just playing period .

Roger that Bill

May 25, 2015, 10:03 PM [ in reply to just don't like the 2-sport athlete..after seeing Parker do it! ]

Wish Muse the best in sports and academia, but he seems to lack a sense of purpose for Clemson University. Is he a better MLB or NFL candidate? Do his classes matter? Does he have a pro athlete or bust mind set? How rigorous was his level of competition in HS baseball and football? Lots of questions to answer, and it's fair that at 18 or 19 yrs old, young Mr. Muse lacks a full life plan. But unlike most 18 yr olds, Clemson is offering a full ride for him to focus on football. There is no way Muse can go through full football workouts incl. squats, wind sprints and upper body workouts and not impact his throwing motion and swing. So what will be watered down, and how will he compete against young men dedicating 100% to football or baseball?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Roger that Bill

May 27, 2015, 11:47 AM

Mr. Muse is doing Clemson a favor. If we don't want him playing two sports, either talk him out of it or drop him from scholarship. We aren't dropping him!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

QBs would seem more of a concern

May 27, 2015, 11:45 AM [ in reply to just don't like the 2-sport athlete..after seeing Parker do it! ]

playing multiple sports due to timing etc.

Oddly some of our most successful were QBs.

How many football players have run track?

Your two sport concern is an individual issue.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: QBs would seem more of a concern

May 27, 2015, 1:09 PM

WHERE DO WE FIND THESE GOOBERS COUNTRY. LOL

May 27, 2015, 1:08 PM [ in reply to just don't like the 2-sport athlete..after seeing Parker do it! ]

GOOD LORD. SMFH. HOW LONG DID IT TAKE FOR YOU TO COME UP WITH THAT.

Re: New Story: Tanner Muse: Plenty of options but plan is still to enroll at Clemson

May 27, 2015, 11:32 AM

Being a two sport athlete can be tough. Would we be having this conversation if football was paired with track, golf, or even soccer? I just wish him success, but hopefully he doesn't get in over his head. I like that he's committed, that's great, but he seems like the type that would just drop everything if the MLB called tomorrow, which is all this "wait and see" stuff sounds like. imo

Re: New Story: Tanner Muse: Plenty of options but plan is still to enroll at Clemson

May 27, 2015, 1:06 PM

Great opportunity for this young man

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic