Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
just discovered a sickening fact!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

just discovered a sickening fact!

Dec 3, 2013, 4:40 PM

The U of Florida...w/ the most putrid offense i have seen in 40 years, w/ a 4th string walk-on QB, and no threat of a forward pass...still managed to score 14 on SUC, ran the almost exact # of plays, and gained almost as many total yds(307 to 352...45 yds less) as Clemson did w/ a 5th yr. ALL-AMERICAN SR QB-3 yr starter, the highest paid OC in the nation, who just happens to be Asst. of the Year candidate. In the same environment, with the same variables....we are 3 points and 45 yards better than Florida....just threw up in my mouth!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: just discovered a sickening fact!

Dec 3, 2013, 4:49 PM

Try throwing up somewhere else.

I sent this text message to all my Gamecock friends on

Dec 3, 2013, 4:52 PM

Wed, "Fact of the day: Florida ranks 101st in passing yards and 82nd in rushing yards & is 112th in being able to score points. Florida scored 14 points starting a third string qb. Clemson ranks 9th in passing yards, 62nd in rushing yards, 12th in points & Clemson will NOT be starting a third string QB. Just a fact we should all be aware of. :)"

I still can't believe what happened Saturday night!

Re: I sent this text message to all my Gamecock friends on

Dec 3, 2013, 5:01 PM

See the difference between playing in the ACC and the SEC. Stats are great only when they really mean something.

Dec 3, 2013, 8:06 PM

Like Georgia, LSU and auburn?

Dec 3, 2013, 8:20 PM [ in reply to Re: I sent this text message to all my Gamecock friends on ]

Oh and AtM and Missouri are basically big 12 teams playing an SEC schedule. The recruiting from switching to the SEC wont really kick in till next year. how are their offenses looking?

Dec 3, 2013, 4:53 PM

We played in a Rivalary game and turned the ball over in the 4th too many times to win

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2013, 4:54 PM

For what it's worth,SCjr played at UF,it was during the day and they didn't give USuc the ball seven times.So the environment and variables seem a little different to me.And the UF qb mainly completed screens and swing passes,nothing at all down the field.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whoops-noon game at USUC-my bad***

Dec 3, 2013, 4:56 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2013, 4:55 PM

We scored the same number of points as Missouri and Missouri was at home. It's hard to compare common opponents and the games. Every game is different with unique circumstances that happen in THAT game. It was a different game than the FL game.We score at least 24 to 34 points the other nightif not for the turnovers.

Mizzou had a back up QB, not all world Boyd***

Dec 3, 2013, 5:03 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

Re: Mizzou now has their starting QB playing

Dec 3, 2013, 5:26 PM

who happens to also be head coach at Vandy apparently. Not sure how he manages both

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is pretty amazing***

Dec 4, 2013, 8:26 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

Dec 3, 2013, 5:14 PM [ in reply to Re: just discovered a sickening fact! ]

we score way more points than that I believe USCjr couldn't stop us. What I can't believe is on Tajh's fumble why even run him Hot Rod was a man on a mission Saturday popping big chunk after big chunk and yet we continue to let Tajh run and force the ball down field it was just a comedy of errors and to me that is all it was we should of should of beat them guys if you watched the same game I did there was no question we was the better team. If you go back and watch the game there is no way you can say Clemson wasn't the better team we moved the ball at will. You take the 2 critical turnovers away the Sammy INT and the Boyd fumble in which USCjr couldn't stop us then it would have been a completely different game, you have to throw in the Deshawn Williams jumping offsides on a 4th and 1 where everyone in the stadium and watching on TV knew they were not going to hike the ball. Even my Gamecock co-workers said that they got away with one that the Gamecock center false started on that play but like I told him its only a penalty if it is called and a DT in that situation has got to know the circumstances of that play, but the thing that gets me more than anything is Humphries fumbling the 2 punts something I have never seen him do and he may be the most reliable in those situations and I truly fell ad for him because you know how bad the fans are hurting just imagine having to carry that for 365 days. Its not the end of the world like a lot of you want to make it out to be my cousin died about a month and a half ago at the age of 37 due to cancer if you think for one second that he wouldn't have wanted to be here to watch that game regardless the outcome then you have some soul searching to due. Does it hurt you ### right it hurts is it the end all be all absolutely not and this is coming from a Tiger fan whose father, 2 brothers and 2 sisters are all Gamecock fans ( which I didn't realize that until about 5 years ago) so I know how bad it sucks but it could be a lot worse in a personal type of way. Its not going to stay like this for long everything comes to an end and their reign will soon end too just like all the 5 game runs we had came to an end it is just the way it is and some of you just don't realize that. I think this rivalry has really come to a head the past few years we wouldn't think noting of it if we had beaten the past 5 years but now our hatred has really came to a head and I personally think it will do nothing but help this game locally and nationally....

Dec 3, 2013, 5:26 PM

Is there a punctuation shortage where you live? Here, take some of these.

If you run out, I'll make more.

Dec 3, 2013, 7:08 PM

Lol

Cugrad

Dec 3, 2013, 4:57 PM

Everything you just said was literally wrong

Try again***

Look on the bright side, that would only mean a 3 point loss to GA Southern.

Cugrad

Dec 3, 2013, 5:07 PM

Game was at 7 at night

Florida didnt turn the ball over 6 times...

Dec 3, 2013, 5:08 PM

if we dont turn the ball over we probably be SC

I never heard so many excuses from Tiger fans in my life; we

Dec 3, 2013, 5:09 PM

sound like sec fans after Florida and LSU lost in last year's bowl games. Remember, "They didn't really want to be there; the bowls were a let down; they didn't really matter." All the excuse makers sound like a buch of coots trying to make us look bad.

Re: I never heard so many excuses from Tiger fans in my life; we

Dec 3, 2013, 5:12 PM

in hindsight and I hate to say it- I wish we had played like the coots

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Compare our stats vs LSU

Dec 3, 2013, 5:20 PM

To theirs from a year ago, or us vs uga this year. They won 3rd downs, we had 6 turnovers. That's all you need to know.

When we

Dec 3, 2013, 5:21 PM

Moved the ball, we made it look very very easy, scar won by playing keep away and not beating thenselves.

Dec 3, 2013, 5:59 PM

To all those kin love with Chad M. reading this should give you a new set of brains. The writer is oh so correct!

Dec 3, 2013, 6:33 PM

This really sickening... Clemson only beat NC State by 12 points. A team who only won 3 games and not one conference game. Take away the bad call and the Tigers loose that game. Should have hung 50+ on state.

State Fan

The reason we had no more offensive stats is because the

Dec 3, 2013, 7:05 PM

punt return team took away TWO of your possessions. We average over 6 yards a play. Two possessions with a first down each would have put us over 400 yards easy.

Were you also shocked to see that our defense held South Carolina to 314 yards and Florida's number 2 defense in the country held South Carolina to 307.......And that was after the punt return team gave them two extra possessions. Take those two possessions away and the coots would have had about 250 yards total offense. It would have been there lowest out put of the year.

Long and short of it was the two muffed punts and THE INTERCEPTION ON THE FIRST POSSESSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't start slinging facts around in here.

Dec 3, 2013, 7:08 PM

They are sharp and somebody could lose an eye.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

careful

Dec 3, 2013, 7:10 PM [ in reply to The reason we had no more offensive stats is because the ]

you are making sense.

i thought my thread was about offense......

Dec 3, 2013, 7:40 PM

not defense...not turnovers...not possessions....not special teams. I am solely focusing on what we did when we had the ball...the turnover excuse always makes me giggle. It's not like we just gave them the ball on our offensive turnovers, granted we did on special teams. Their D made plays and TOOK THE BALL FROM US! Just for fun lets take the offensive TOs outta the equation( our 4 and UFs 1 ). That puts CU at 53 plays and UF at 54...virtually even. FACT: we were 3 pts. and 45 yards better than a Sh!t UF offense. Not trying to hurt anyone's pu$$y...just saying the Chad may be a little overhyped. Everytime he faces a good/great defense it takes a dayum miracle to score 3 TDs.

Re: i thought my thread was about offense......

Dec 3, 2013, 8:02 PM

You couldn't hurt a pu$$y if your life depended on it. That's probably why you obsess about beating #####.

now now 74! let's not get upset....

Dec 3, 2013, 8:07 PM

you can still blow the Chad all you want! this is America pal!

I could care less about Chad.That's your problem, not mine.

Dec 3, 2013, 8:16 PM

butthurt

I kinda think

Dec 3, 2013, 7:13 PM

Since y'all had almost the same number of plays and the same number of yards, that makes amount of possessions a moot point here. Given the sample size we have here. I will say your offense is overrated. Feel free to burn my soul now.

your bird brain is expected to understand***

Dec 3, 2013, 7:31 PM

Re: your bird brain is NOT expected to understand******

Dec 3, 2013, 7:31 PM

So 307 on 55 plays is the same as 352 on 54 plays? We

Dec 3, 2013, 9:34 PM [ in reply to I kinda think ]

averaged 6.28 yards per play all year as the number 9 offense in the country. We averaged 6.17 yards per play Saturday night. The coots averaged 4.2 or so. So, as I said, the muffed punts, the first interception,and I will add , the encroachment on 4th down were the difference in the game.

Sounds about typical.

Dec 3, 2013, 7:52 PM

IF.
WITHOUT.
TAKE AWAY.
NOT COUNTING.

Dec 3, 2013, 8:18 PM

And our putrid defense last year held LSU to almost the same amount of points as USuCs top 10 "SEC" defense these kinds of comparisons are pointless and stupid

Six turnovers will do that***

Dec 3, 2013, 9:36 PM

Did UF fumble two punts? I suspect our offensive stats may

Dec 3, 2013, 9:42 PM

have benefited from two lost possessions

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But Clemson won 10 games.***

Dec 3, 2013, 9:42 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

how many turnovers did they have?***

Dec 4, 2013, 8:30 AM

I'm shocked.***

Dec 4, 2013, 9:45 AM

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic