Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
article on Littlejohn
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

article on Littlejohn

Mar 3, 2014, 1:25 PM

Just because one game has an awful turnout for students does not mean that Littlejohn is not feared. This article means nothing to me. Littlejohn can get real rowdy and the reason it didn't yesterday is because it was a 1'o clock game on a Sunday. As a student, I wanted to go to the game, but everybody was busy or going to the USC baseball game. For students to go to that game means: very early lunch, getting out of bed on a Sunday (which most college kids aren't going to do), and also a lot of students go to church and didn't have time to go from church to the game. Lastly, we are students and we have homework and tests we have to worry about. So, the reason there was not a good turnout was because of the scheduling of the game.

That's all!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"just because one game has an awful turnout"...uh the whole

Mar 3, 2014, 1:28 PM

season has been.

We've nearly doubled our total wins from last year but our attendance is down more than 10%.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: "just because one game has an awful turnout"...uh the whole

Mar 3, 2014, 1:30 PM

exactly. shows how little the OP knows and what a group of wusses the students who dont go are

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man, I'm going to have to shove this one in a locker as well

Mar 3, 2014, 1:31 PM

Summary of Post:

I have a giant mangina as well, and it has been smelling funky recently. I'm ashamed to go out in public.

Re: "just because one game has an awful turnout"...uh the whole

Mar 3, 2014, 1:33 PM [ in reply to "just because one game has an awful turnout"...uh the whole ]

Okay well that's not just students

Actually the paid customers have been showing up more

Mar 3, 2014, 1:39 PM

than the students...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

One thing I've noticed with attendance at sporting events...

Mar 3, 2014, 1:41 PM [ in reply to "just because one game has an awful turnout"...uh the whole ]

Crowds, for some reason, tend to take a year to process the season that just happened rather than showing up based upon the current results. So the crowds we're getting this season are more appropriate to the season we had last year, while I'll bet we get much bigger crowds next year as a result of this season. Hopefully, with KJ back, next year's team will be even more deserving.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: article on Littlejohn

Mar 3, 2014, 1:30 PM

I don't mean to come off as an ####### here, but when I read your post, all I see is whining and complaining. If the basketball game meant anything to you, you would have made it. It obviously didn't, so you didn't make it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 3, 2014, 1:35 PM

Im just telling yall that the reason students didnt go to the game (yesterday) is because of its time and because of the USC game.

1 pm is not early

Mar 3, 2014, 1:39 PM

They didn't go because, and I will stand by this statement; They have very little school spirt and are generally too self absorbed to care about anyone else but themselves. Any minor inconvenience for these sad little millennials and they need to have a good cry in a dark room.

The students are a disgrace to my fine university.

Message was edited by: drewtigeralum03®

Re: 1 pm is not early

Mar 3, 2014, 1:52 PM

Right on. Nailed it.

I want to congratulate you on your post...

Mar 3, 2014, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Re: article on Littlejohn ]

that was the most pathetic thing I've ever read.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 3, 2014, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Re: article on Littlejohn ]

And I'm just telling you that your OP was a bunch of whining. Students can't get out of bed by noon? That just means they don't give a #### about going to the basketball game. If you can't make it out of bed before noon, you aren't trying.

Students have tests and whatnot....I graduated from Clemson last May, I took 21 credit hours my final semester and I made it to every game and finished above 3.0 for the semester.

Students go to church...so what? Last time I went to church it ended at noon. That gives you an hour to get to your seat. Where are you attending church? Spartanburg?

Have to eat an early lunch....please, it that even an excuse. I don't even know what to say other than this is some weak ####.

Those reasons you gave don't hold water if you actually want to go to the game. If you are looking for an excuse not to go, those reasons are great.

Let me fix that for you

Mar 3, 2014, 1:38 PM

"Just because one game has an awful turnout for students does not mean that Littlejohn is not feared."

True, Clemson is 12- 2 at home with our only losses coming against FSU and #11 UVa (in a game that Clemson probably would've won with all hands on deck). However, it hasn't been just this one game. In fact, I didn't think the crowd looked that bad on TV by the end of regulation. If you go back and look at our crowd versus UVa, a team that only had 1 conference loss, you'll still see a very empty student section. Not much noise was made in that game, either. So it's not just a one game thing.

"As a student, I wanted to go to the game, but everybody was busy or going to the USC baseball game."

Horse hockey. The baseball game didn't start until after the basketball game ended, and it was planned that way so that people could go to both games.

"For students to go to that game means: very early lunch,"

Not really, but did you know you can eat at the game? In my day, you could even use Paw Points for the food there.

"getting out of bed on a Sunday (which most college kids aren't going to do),"

Well, I can understand that, but the basketball game at 1 is as good a reason as any, and you could still make it there even if you just got up at 12.

"and also a lot of students go to church and didn't have time to go from church to the game."

Unless they went to church for a late service (12pm), then they should've had plenty of time to get to the game. This was never a problem for me, and I went to church all the way in Anderson my freshman and sophomore years.

"Lastly, we are students and we have homework and tests we have to worry about."

Again, why is this just a problem now? This really just comes down to priorities and poor planning, as you could've known when the game was a while ago and could've easily found a few hours to take out of your studies.

"So, the reason there was not a good turnout was because of the scheduling of the game."

The reason the game had a poor turnout is because students apparently just flat out don't care about our sports teams unless there's social pressure to care about them. It sounds like people are looking for excuses not to go, rather than trying to find ways to get there.

That's all!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you can't get out of bed by noon

Mar 3, 2014, 3:29 PM

you ain't going to Church. Unless its praying to the Church of the Porcelain God.

Man, at 1 PM yesterday...

Mar 3, 2014, 2:12 PM

I had already been up about six hours, been to church, and was at the restaurant eating lunch.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic