Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
jason heyward braves
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

jason heyward braves

Mar 18, 2015, 9:14 PM

I know this is completely off topic, but i am a huge atlanta braves fan, in particular Jason Heyward. So of course the news of his trade hit me hard. For any other Braves fans on here, do yall think if the price tag isnt as high as some may think, will the Braves chase him and bring him back? they traded him so they could get something in return before he was a free agent. Sorry for the random post, but just something to pass time before football.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: jason heyward braves

Mar 18, 2015, 9:19 PM

They may try but I don't think Heyward will come back to Atlanta

JMHO but since Ted Turner sold it has been downhill.***

Mar 18, 2015, 9:27 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: JMHO but since Ted Turner sold it has been downhill.***

Mar 18, 2015, 9:29 PM

I agree and don't know if Freddy is the right person for the job as manager

Mar 18, 2015, 9:46 PM

Heyward stays hurt and underachieves so the Braves are best to leave him along.

let him go

Mar 18, 2015, 9:49 PM

I thought he was our savior from day one. I gave him the benefit of the doubt time after time, but I can't anymore. Zero progression at the plate, even if I loved his glove. His hitting has gotten worse every year

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 18, 2015, 9:57 PM

I don't think they will and try to get him back anytime soon, maybe five years from now. Atlanta gave up so much and got little in return. they have been in a payroll dump for sometime. I feel if they were going after an ex player it would have been Martin Prado. What they really need to do to make it a better team is get rid of Fredi Ganzalez, just like we need to get rid of Leggett.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I STAND FOR THE FLAG AND KNEEL FOR THE FALLEN

Agree with most of these posts...

Mar 18, 2015, 10:11 PM

Heyward's potential was enormous, but the offensive production was never there except for short bursts. I too kept waiting for his breakout but it never seemed to happen after the rookie year.

Bust Junior Upton's contract will set franchise back at least 5 years or more, like the trade for Len Barker in the 80s. With the current ownership restricting spending, it will take farm system development to return to being competitive with Washington every year.

I don't care about the Braves anymore.

Mar 18, 2015, 10:14 PM

They only care about money and nothing else.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Braves fan here....

Mar 19, 2015, 12:44 AM

Yeah...

Was somewhat shocked that J-Hey was traded,but d@mn.. we got a darn good pitcher in Shelby Miller......

Pitching Will not be a problem.....
But who will "protect" Freddie Freeman?....

STAY TUNED..... GO BRAVES....

And oh yeah..... GO TIGERS!!!!!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 19, 2015, 2:06 AM

Still pissed the Braves traded him . The cards will tweak his swing and he will have a mvp type year with them in the future . Wish we still had him by far the most valuable Braves player we had IMO. Most don't realize he is only 25 and has played 5 years in the majors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWmTnhQPsps

I liked Heyward too, but NO WAY he was more valuable than

Mar 19, 2015, 8:33 AM

Freddie Freeman. No way.

Yeah what he said, Freddie Freeman!***

Mar 19, 2015, 10:17 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I liked Heyward too, but NO WAY he was more valuable than

Mar 19, 2015, 2:43 PM [ in reply to I liked Heyward too, but NO WAY he was more valuable than ]

(Jason Heyward) (Freddie Freeman )

War
2010- (4.6) ( -0.2 20 games)
2011- (2.0) (0.7)
2012- (6.3 27 HR) (1.8)
2013- (3.4 104 games) (4.7 23 HR)
2014- (5.1) (4.2)

I've been a Braves fan for over 40 years....

Mar 19, 2015, 8:26 AM

Heyward is an elite defender, but other than his rookie year, which was his best offensive season by far, his offensive production has stedily declined. His power and average simply haven't quite lived up to the hype that was bestowed upon him and the Braves desperately need hitting.

Furthermore, he was only under contract for another season and it is unlikely the Braves could have afforded to retain/resign him.

Make no mistake, Heyward is an excellent and valuable baseball player, and the Cardinals got a good one but the two players Atlanta got in exchange (Miller and Jenkins) mean hope for the future at the expense of two players who were probably short timers anyway, and there is no question that the Braves GM, John Hart, is effectively disassembling the team's core in order to build for the future, specifically looking towards the opening of the team's new stadium in Cobb County in 2017.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I've been a Braves fan for over 40 years....

Mar 19, 2015, 3:04 PM

@BigCUFan You don't think his 2012 offensive season was better than 2010 ? 27 Hr, 82 RBI, 93 R, 21 SB

“I wanted our next conversation to be about me possibly being in Atlanta for a long time. And that conversation never came about. So I took it as, that’s not what they wanted to happen.”

Re: I've been a Braves fan for over 40 years....

Mar 19, 2015, 6:38 PM

ive watched heyward since his rookie year and his batting stance has changed significantly. It almost seems as if this led to his power decline. I feel like a lot of it had to do with this hitting coach which is no longer in that position. It is really going to hurt if he goes to St. Louis and produces like he did his first few years if not better now that he has a new hitting coach.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic