Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Really good article about the “back to where yer from” tweet
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 568

Really good article about the “back to where yer from” tweet

Jul 15, 2019, 10:55 PM

I’m really surprised quite honestly at the source of this insightful article. Usually they’re too close to the topic to see it, and fall right in line with everyone else.

Sometimes (often) a dumb Trump tweet is just a dumb Trump tweet. There was more to this one politically if you’re paying attention. I’m not saying it’s admirable or even tasteful, but his foes miss or ignore tactics like this at their own peril.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/how-trump-flipped-script-pelosi-squad-n1030041

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Really good article about the “back to where yer from” tweet

Jul 15, 2019, 11:07 PM

That is a good article. The problem with Democratic leadership is ego. The routinely under estimate Trump and his team because they think he's obviously inferior.

The just don't seem to understand that he has beaten them at every turn. He lays a pile of crap on the ground and says 'jump in this' and they do...every single time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that Inferiority thing is pretty spot on

Jul 16, 2019, 9:03 AM

Started on the campaign trail and hasn’t stopped.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dem leaders worst problem is the media.

Jul 16, 2019, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Really good article about the “back to where yer from” tweet ]

the media has hijacked the party dragging it to the far left. Imo the media isn't the far left but they all live in the twitter world and see only that which is within that bubble.

Cyber has become their reality and the dem leadership can not lead without first taking command of that reality. When Pelosi requested that those who had complaints voice them one on one or in privacy she was asking them to desert their bubble and step into reality.

That is not their world because they are not royalty in Pelosi's world. How did they respond? They dragged Pelosi back on their turf where she is disadvantaged because they are surrounded by their crew and she is alone in another world.

The media is neck deep in this world appearing to serve the radical left when in fact they are the force behind the radicals, the force who brings the radical left to the public eye and manages the message. Say it and if the media doesn't agree it isn't reported. Say what they want and you become a front page hero.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dem leaders worst problem is the media.

Jul 16, 2019, 2:21 PM

Bull.

I'm saying this to you as a (former, anyhow) registered Republican. I'm not sure what the heck I am anymore. But this media-bashing is one of the stupidest, most destructive, and most dangerous things people are messing with right now.

The biggest difference between a democracy and a totalitarian regime is the media. They're SUPPOSED to speak truth to power, and about power. They're SUPPOSED to be leftist. They're SUPPOSED to work for the people. The press simply cannot do its job any other way.

It sees stuff. It speaks. That's how it works.

The media is the media. The news is the news. Reporting is reporting...and in this world, if you get caught cooking a false story, you never work in journalism again - well, if you're an actual journalist, that is. There is inherent bias, true, but most major news sources will trend between center-left (Guardian, CNN, MSNBC) and center-right (Wall Street Journal, Yahoo News) Even Fox News - the actual news division, that is - is pretty much like any other media, and reports exactly the same facts, in exactly the same manner, albiet with a modest center-right spin. But the factuality and news content even of Fox News division remains high.

And then Hannity & the Late Night Gang take the stage. It's a weird transformation, like some sort of social were-creature that morphs into something else at night.

It's entirely fascinating how the spin morphs 180 degrees at that point too. And they get away with it...because these spinners bob and weave on whether or not they're actually journalists.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/sean-hannity-i-am-not-a-journalist-im-an-entire-newspaper

At some point you'd think people would notice the abrupt pivot that goes on with Fox, considering it's the same network and all, and the fact that Hannity, Carlson, Ingraham, and those Fox & Friends wingnuts seem to have not even watched their own news divisions' reporting...but no. They don't.

It's truly weird stuff. The regular truth until night, and then we start spinnin' and denyin' and morphing into Trump State TV...and somehow Fox News viewers do not notice.

I haven't figured that out yet, I really haven't. How does that even work?

^^^^^^truth^^^^^^

Jul 16, 2019, 2:50 PM

People have the hardest time understanding pundit from news anchor. Totally different.

I think Bret Baier (noted republican) does a great job on his set and I think he calls it as he sees it many times. He and Shephard Smith will go against the grain and they are so good, Fox cant dumpy them.

You are right. About 7pm cable news goes all to hell and its just an opinion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He be a genius.***

Jul 15, 2019, 11:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GET OUT OF THE WATER!! SNARK!!!!***

Jul 15, 2019, 11:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2019, 12:57 AM

I think he was just pissed because his little ice raids got leaked to the media, then cancelled. He is not a hard man to understand, nor that smart.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2019, 9:01 AM

I agree. He isn't setting the Dems up. He is a buffoon. He says idiotic things weekly. The Dems just respond wrong and frequently can't get out lf their own way.

this kind of reads like saying SEC teams just didn’t wanna

Jul 16, 2019, 9:08 AM

Be in The bowl games that they lost when people mention ACC and SEC

Re: this kind of reads like saying SEC teams just didn’t wanna

Jul 16, 2019, 9:11 AM

Not even similar. It's more like saying one team sucks and the team that lost just sucks more. Trump is the Coots and the Dems are Coastal Carolina.

read that Felix post above***

Jul 16, 2019, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Really good article about the “back to where yer from” tweet ]

Re: read that Felix post above***

Jul 16, 2019, 9:13 AM

Read it. It's laughable.

I know plenty of people who've said if you don't like

Jul 16, 2019, 4:35 AM

America, leave. We've all heard it at some point. But out of 535 politicians in Washington only one has dared utter that sentiment. Now the trick is to see where thst gets him. But that message directly speaks to many. We just don't know how many because of fear. We will see. It definitely speaks to many who no one else speaks to. 10%? 20? 40? Who knows. He is speaking to people with no power and no representation. The fact those people have no voice is where he draws his success. I don't think the statement was as racial as it was xenophobic.

But there are millions of Americans who have had their jobs taken by foreign labor entering the US illegally or shipped out of the country and given to foreign workers. I've met black people who absolutely hate Hispanics for this. The people who have lived through losing jobs to foreign labor, mostly the middle class and poor, may see Trumps comments as a draw when the conventional wisdom says they should vote for democrats.

But the article does elude to the possibility but I think fails to understand the size of the population or the potential appeal. Trump knows there's a large number of unheard voices. How large that pool of people is is far greater than NBC News knows. It got him in the White House. This won't hurt his numbers. But more importantly it can appeal to many democrats.

Just remember there are real American citizens with votes, millions, who have lost jobs to foreign labor. Who work in industries who's wages are undermined and held in check by foreign labor. So the rich who finance everything can get richer. There's plenty of reasons "xenophobia" can appeal to many.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know what would be sadder...

Jul 16, 2019, 6:18 AM

The President saying such things for political reasons (shame on him), or the thought that saying such things might be politically beneficial (shame on us).

Again and again I quote my old Cherokee Grandmother.

Jul 16, 2019, 8:39 AM

'If you lie with dogs you get fleas.'

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump tactics, that's an oxymoron.

Jul 16, 2019, 8:52 AM

He clearly had a hissy fit because fox news got him all hot and bothered 15 minutes earlier.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

go Read Felix post above***

Jul 16, 2019, 9:06 AM

Re: go Read Felix post above***

Jul 16, 2019, 9:53 AM

He probably did and hasn't sopped laughing yet.

Like I said, you, Carlsbad, Joe, et al are welcome to

Jul 16, 2019, 10:31 AM [ in reply to Trump tactics, that's an oxymoron. ]

just keep thinking he's an overly lucky buffoon 24/7, but I'd say it hasn't worked out so well for you so far.

If you want a little more proof that this was what he had in mind, the "ink" was barely dry on the initial tweets when he followed up with this:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1150879404593205249

He's not even hiding it.

You need to simma on down there.

Jul 16, 2019, 10:32 AM

This is Trump's week to be a moron. Next week is his evil genius week.

How hard is this?

Jul 16, 2019, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Like I said, you, Carlsbad, Joe, et al are welcome to ]

His strategy is to repeat whatever his Fox Friends tell him to.

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1150387522612207616

it would seem to be incredibly hard. I’m just

Jul 16, 2019, 11:34 AM

Trying to help, but carry on, you’re probably right.

The guy is an 80 IQ drooler who hasn’t done anything right in 70 years, was elected President by a goof, and has avoided a world class impeachment attempt by dumb luck. The Dems have nothing to worry about. Soon he will need to count to 20 and won’t be able to take his shoes off and that’ll be the break you need.

Re: it would seem to be incredibly hard. I’m just

Jul 16, 2019, 12:01 PM

Kids, you can be anything you want to be when you grow up, even President, as long as you're rich enough. If you can afford the right lawyers, you can repeatedly fail at all sorts of business ventures and somehow get even richer.

Homer Simpson for President, look at this strategery

Jul 16, 2019, 12:04 PM [ in reply to it would seem to be incredibly hard. I’m just ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiVaU2CLxjQ

Jul 16, 2019, 4:18 PM [ in reply to it would seem to be incredibly hard. I’m just ]

Obed said:

Trying to help, but carry on, you’re probably right.

The guy is an 80 IQ drooler who hasn’t done anything right in 70 years, was elected President by a goof, and has avoided a world class impeachment attempt by dumb luck. The Dems have nothing to worry about. Soon he will need to count to 20 and won’t be able to take his shoes off and that’ll be the break you need.

I think the correct term is "idiot savant." The problem with idiot-savants is, they are both idiots...and savants. They do some things exceptionally well.

He's barely functional as a human being, apparently. Most psychologists and psychiatrists say he exhibits every characteristic of a very advanced malignant narcissist - narcissism, sociopathy, and anti-social personality disorder - and is in many ways in fact indistinguishable from an outright psychopath in that he has zero apparent empathy and is a pure manipulator. They also think his narcissism is so developed that the truth is fluid to him. If reality doesn't adhere to his belief structure he just denies it. It's not just that he lies - though he does - but that he doesn't even know what the truth really is if it doesn't square with what he wants to believe, which is that he is the bestest and specialest human being on the planet...who ever lived, in fact.

What he does exceptionally well is read audiences - like all narcissists, he's ultimately in it for the applause - and he then presents them with what he believes they want to see and hear. It's an ever-evolving stage act, basically, and it plays into the repetitive perpetual rally thing he does in lieu of actual press conferences, structured meetings, or even policy, most times.

He has zero shame - he never does anything wrong, after all - and an astounding ability to self-promote. And he never loses. Ever. Even when he takes one right on the chin. Seth Meyers put it best when he said: "Even after getting hit in the face, Trump would hop right back up and exclaim: 'I totally stopped that guy's fist with my FACE.'"

And he believes it.

Jul 16, 2019, 7:27 PM

Keep rrrrrreeeeaaacchhhhing. You have for nearly 3 years. Keep it up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't forget..He's also a Russian asset and at any minute

Jul 16, 2019, 4:44 PM [ in reply to it would seem to be incredibly hard. I’m just ]

will be throwing coup over the US gov't.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Like I said, you, Carlsbad, Joe, et al are welcome to

Jul 16, 2019, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Like I said, you, Carlsbad, Joe, et al are welcome to ]

I can speak for only me of course. I think he is good about picking out the flaws of the Dems. Anyone could do that though. He doesnt have to worry about what he says or does. The Dems will one up and say something that mist of America thinks is nuts. I think Trump is a buffoon though. He has said enough idiotic things where he would have election issues at other times. He is a clown. That said, the Dems say and do so many stupid things where he is fine due to the weak other option. He will win again.

I don’t disagree with much of what you say.

Jul 16, 2019, 11:39 AM

The issue is that you seem to deny the possibility that one can be a buffoon and still occasionally be strategically wily.

I know a lot of people in this life who couldn’t define the Pythagorean theorem if their life required it, but they are consistently the type of guys who can go through a revolving door behind you and come out the other side ahead of you.

The left really has a thing for validating themselves via intellectual superiority and it’s biting them in the assss big time with Trump. They’re getting played by an oaf and don’t even see it because it hurts the ego too much to admit it.

Trump is a new york yankee.

Jul 16, 2019, 3:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Like I said, you, Carlsbad, Joe, et al are welcome to ]

Nothing more and nothing less. He's clawed his way through union disputes against some of the toughest people on the planet. He's dealt with city management for decades and come out on top in at lease his share of victories.

I am not praising him because he fits right in with the rest of those heartless brutes though I do not think Trump is heartless unless it's expensive to be otherwise. Secular righteousness.

He's like a pig in mud being called out by people who think they are tough. He shows no mercy when he's on top of an opponent. He has a political blood lust which is a rare killer instinct.

Thinking he's a buffoon is far underestimating him. He wasn't a politician and still doesn't try to be one but he is learning the rules of the game and learning well, imo.

you can read fancy pants articles, or just trust APM:

Jul 16, 2019, 12:13 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Homie-knows-exactly-what-hes-doing-25666011#25666011

APM knows what's up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

playing to the base is checkers,

Jul 16, 2019, 12:15 PM

Getting the majority of Dems, who were starting to really publicly reject the most progressive members of the party, to rush to their aid and publicly embrace them in a show of unity, is 3D chess.

dude, APM just dumbs it down for the P&R crowd

Jul 16, 2019, 2:05 PM

twitter-short version: playing to his base, knows what he's doing, crazy like a fox, etc.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I resemble that remark!***

Jul 16, 2019, 3:39 PM

Trump says racist things to unite the dem party

Jul 16, 2019, 4:17 PM

and that is somehow a good thing for Trump and all part of his master plan?

Sure. That. Makes. Sense.

Replies: 36
| visibility 568
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic