Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
On Raymond James and Gratitude
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,529

On Raymond James and Gratitude

Jun 23, 2017, 9:36 PM
Back Porch.JPG(232.6 K)

Good evening Y'all,

I don't post often, usually opting to hover around looking for recruiting tidbits and a fair share of chuckles, but I was taking in one of my favorite sights while sitting out on my porch this lovely afternoon and thought it a good time.

I graduated from Clemson last May and was able to secure a job down in Tampa shortly thereafter. My housing options were slim, but I was able to settle on a place that was walking distance to a brewery and included a small porch with views of Raymond James stadium. I thought, hey, I like beer and I like football, so it can't get much better than this. Little did I know how wrong I was.

A couple months passed with me driving up and down Dale Mabry Highway for my work commute. Each time I would pass that Buccaneer stadium and each time I would mutter a few curses under my breath as my inner Panther fan grew angsty. I would get home after a long day and head out to the porch for a little rest and relaxation, leering upon that same stadium with a mixture of anticipation and disdain.

Then January 9th happened.

It is amazing how one event can completely shift your perspective. Each and every day I am blessed with a reminder of that glorious triumph, the years I spent in those hills, and the friends and family that got me to this moment. I wanted to take a little time to thank those people, our favorite school, and the people on this bored. Moving to a new city can be tough and it is nice to have a familiar place to turn to when the world seems strange.

Thank y'all and go Tigers!

P.S. I attached a photo of the view from my back porch. It's hard to make out Raymond James now that they slapped those apartments up in front, but if you squint and tilt your head...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it helped exorcise that 2009 ACC Championship game where we

Jun 23, 2017, 9:48 PM

led 34-33 with 6 minutes remaining. And we stood there and watched as the Kevin Steele defense allowed GaTech to take 5 minutes to just march down the field and score. They converted a fourth down attempt on their own 23 yard line. After that, they never even needed a 3rd down conversion. They just marched right on down. That totally sucked. I don't think either team punted the entire game. And GaTech cheated, so there's no ACC Champion for that year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: it helped exorcise that 2009 ACC Championship game where we

Jun 23, 2017, 10:00 PM

Indeed it did. Let us also take a moment to be thankful that the words 'Kevin Steele Defense' are no longer part of our vernacular.

Jun 23, 2017, 10:35 PM

Amen to that brother.

Well stated post. Hopefully you'll find time to post more often. These peeps on here, swimmer included are absolutely hilarious and have a lot of knowledge and wonderful perspectives when it comes to tiger sports.

I, like you have many special memories in them hills but unfortunately work takes precedence. Get back as oft as can.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2017, 11:35 PM

I am doing my best to coax a few extra Fall days off out of the brass. Hopefully I will be back up in the land where the Tigers play come the time Auburn rolls into town.

Will certainly try to get around to posting more often!

On that 4th and 1, Steele had our linebackers FIVE YARDS OFF

Jun 24, 2017, 6:31 AM [ in reply to it helped exorcise that 2009 ACC Championship game where we ]

THE BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: On Raymond James and Gratitude

Jun 23, 2017, 10:37 PM

Oh, looks like you got a great practice field r something right down from you.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And your plant seems to be flourishing too

Jun 23, 2017, 10:41 PM

Or maybe not..I'm not a horticulturist.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And your plant seems to be flourishing too

Jun 23, 2017, 11:40 PM

Haha, that Confederate jasmine is loving the Florida sunshine. It is getting ready to flower and I cannot wait for that scent to be hanging around on my balcony.

Great post. I know what you mean. I have seen games from

Jun 23, 2017, 11:43 PM

that stadium on tv many times over the years. As of January 9th, I hold it in an entirely different light. It must be amazing to see it in person and always think that is ground on which Clemson's second national championship was won.

I also have a fondness for the stadium in Glendale ever since the runner-up finish, but going back and winning the semi-final Fiesta Bowl made it even better.

Our ride to the title could not have been more poetic. We went to the site where we lost the title last year and won the semifinal, in doing so we defeated the first CFP champion, then we went to the national championship game in Tampa and defeated the team that denied us last year. And in doing so defeated the second CFP champion. You can't get any better than that!

Re: Great post. I know what you mean. I have seen games from

Jun 24, 2017, 12:16 AM

"Our ride to the title could not have been more poetic.
We went to the site where we lost the title last year and won the semifinal, in doing so we defeated the first CFP champion, then we went to the national championship game in Tampa and defeated the team that denied us last year".

I agree & do enjoy this myself, it felt like redemption! It was Clemson's time. Will be again in next couple of years before it's over. Powerhouse. Tigers Dominate. Too Deep

Go Bucs!

Jun 24, 2017, 7:34 AM

And GO TIGERS!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,529
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic