Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Up the basketball spending. Where does it go? Serious
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Up the basketball spending. Where does it go? Serious

Mar 26, 2019, 1:38 PM

question. I've seen the numbers showing out spending too be at the bottom of the ACC. Brad, if I remember correctly is the 6th highest paid coach in the ACC. Just finished renovation on Littlejohn with practice facility and such. So if we spend another say 3 million, which would bump us up a little in the ACC, where does that money go? No way we give Brad more money, so what's it used on?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: it goes......

Mar 26, 2019, 1:40 PM

straight to football.

LIKE THESE POASTS

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: it goes......

Mar 26, 2019, 1:55 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Up the basketball spending. Where does it go? Serious

Mar 26, 2019, 1:48 PM

Hookers and blow for the recruits.

How About Spending $$ on Intetnational Recruitment?

Mar 26, 2019, 1:53 PM

Everybody else does it...and a US college transfer like David Skara does not count.

Mar 26, 2019, 1:59 PM

Seriously, start by paying the Assistant Coaches more money, then spend more for recruiting visits and evaluating potential prospects, then maybe have a basketball camp for aspiring Jr. and Sr. high school players (if we don't already have one), and then finally
use the rest for a new shoe contract like the Duke Blue Bloods, and UNCheat Tarholes have.
Can't get much more serious than that.

Mar 26, 2019, 2:04 PM

How many assistant coaches have we lost recently because we aren't paying enough (serious questions - I really don't know if we have or not)? Also, have you heard that we are skimping on what we provide at recruit visits compared to other schools?

Mar 26, 2019, 5:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Up the basketball spending. Where does it go? Serious ]

we gave pretty significant raises to the assistants last year. our asst salaries are, at worst , competitive. there are rules on what you can spend on official visits (remember the extra desert?). not sure how you can spend more on evaluation, because there are rules on how many times you can see a kid play. only way you could do that is recruit a wider geographic area. folks talk about recruiting europe and africa. name the last african kid to come straight from africa to an american college. almost all of them come to an american high school for a year or 2 first. we DO recruit europe a little, but agree maybe we could do more there. as far as a camp, the kids who can actually PLAY are on the AAU circuit, not going to college camps like they do in football. as far as a "shoe" contact.. not sure what you're talking about.. maybe a poor joke about cheating.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic