Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Milton Jennings hate
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 2,254

Milton Jennings hate

Jan 15, 2013, 11:03 PM

I gotta say, Milt may be the most hated-by-"Tigers" Tiger ever. I get that he never lived up to his billing but I mean the complete vitriol some of you spew at him is unbelievable. Sure he shouldn't have been a five star but people seem to be quick to point out ever mistake he makes and then turn a blind eye when, for instance, he puts up 21 points and 10+ rebounds.

My question is, Willy Korn was a much bigger bust than Milt in my opinion--why isn't he reviled?

Good win tonight!! GO TIGERS!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Milton Jennings hate

Jan 15, 2013, 11:09 PM

Trouble problems dont help

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2013, 11:10 PM

I do

Jan 15, 2013, 11:12 PM

A lot of his problems have zero to do with his on court performance (it doesnt help when he cusses out CU fans in the stands at a basketball tournament.....those fans turn out to be relatives of a teammate)....just tons of stories like this.

That seems to be a chicken-or-egg thing. The guy's dealt

Jan 15, 2013, 11:17 PM

with unrealistic expectations from day 1. Would he get upset with the fans if they didn't get so personal and angry at him?

it dosent help

Jan 15, 2013, 11:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Milton Jennings hate ]

that members of the band continue to mock him

Re: it dosent help

Jan 16, 2013, 9:13 AM

Do you attend the games regularly?

If so, I'd love extra information on these band members (instruments, relative seating arrangements).

I have seen Milton go out of his way

Jan 15, 2013, 11:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Milton Jennings hate ]

to give kids high fives after games, even after tough losses while the other players walk away and ignore the kids like zombies.

You speak the truth.

Jan 15, 2013, 11:12 PM

It's not Milton's fault that the recruiting services made an error in their evaluations of him. He does have his bad moments, but he has good ones as well, which are seldom pointed out here. If he could just become more consistent in his play he would be a great player.

"Fans" spewing Hate

Jan 15, 2013, 11:15 PM

are really themselves, #########

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2013, 11:17 PM

Willy Korn suffered a major shoulder injury so you can't even compare the two. Jennings is a complete scrub! I don't care if he does occasionally put up 21. He dribbles the #### ball off his knees when he's in space and he routinely can't switch to his left hand. How in the world did all the talent evaluators at every recruiting service get it so wrong with him?

Korn wasn't blowing anyone away before he got injured.

Jan 15, 2013, 11:19 PM

He was supposed to come in and take the starting job right away and he loses out to Cullen Harper. Cullen Harper.

When you go from 5-Star recruit to QB at North Greenville, you're a bust.

Jennings is a scorer, not a ball-handler...

Jan 15, 2013, 11:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Milton Jennings hate ]

never claimed to be, give him a break

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

one word: character

Jan 15, 2013, 11:29 PM

suspensions?

but really, your comparison is not apples to apples...jennings never had his shoulder ripped from his body. sure, he can put up 21. that is amazing...better than most. no. he doesn't deserve tiger "hate". but really to drag willy into this post...really?

Jan 15, 2013, 11:38 PM

Completely agree. People hate on because he isn't 5 star good. That frustration has built up over time and boils over when he makes mistake. I hate the "worst 5 star ever." It is obviously hyperbole, but there are 2 5 star forwards in his class who are far less of a contributor than he is.

It reminds me of Cullen Harper. People hate on him because of the hope and eventual disappointment of the 2008 season. Yes the "he got what he deserved" comment allows them to play it up, but what 22 year old wouldn't say that after being benched via voicemail? They forget he played through broken shoulders and laid it out there for his team.

Korn didn't play enough

Jan 16, 2013, 7:40 AM

to be vilified. He was a bust, but he wasn't on the field enough to hurt the team. Milton is a starter and plays a ton of minutes. He has, on many occasions turned the momentum of a game toward our opponents. He makes ill advised passes, takes ill advised 3-pointers, and many times dribbles off his own feet in traffic. Passing the ball to him in the post is s 50-50 proposition of the pass actually being caught.

Every now and then he is a contributor when he hits from outside, doesn't play with the ball, and is at least some size and defense inside.

However it's hard for me to imagine that a slab of granite standing in the paint only on the our defensive end of the court wouldn't have a better +/- than Milton does. It's not just that he makes errors, he makes them when they count. We had 4 possessions against FSU when we were down three and he alone botched all 4 I think. We didn't even get a shot off.

This is why Clemson basketball fans have a hard time with Milton, its not the hype he came here with its that he has the ability to totally derail this team in pressure situations.

If the effort were there, different story

Jan 16, 2013, 7:58 AM

Biggest bust in modern era of Clemson sports

Because most basketball "fans" on Tigernet are delusional

Jan 16, 2013, 8:12 AM

morons who think Brownell should be fired already. Really hard to gauge the real hate Milt gets.

But I agree, most of Milt's hatred is first because people are just stupid, and second because he has come in with such high expectations that anyone short of Trevor Booker could've lived up to.

Look at KJs, he's come in a low touted recruit and is exceeding expectations and everyone is loving him. Wouldn't be the same if it were the other way around.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

He seems like a new Milton lately. One we can really

Jan 16, 2013, 8:21 AM

appreciate. I like this Milton.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Korn wan't busted for two or three times for illegal activi

Jan 16, 2013, 8:24 AM

ties, for starters...

Jan 16, 2013, 9:16 AM

Willy got6 hurt you turd and he never let the team down by breaking rules. Milt is our Garica

Replies: 20
| visibility 2,254
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic