Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
it can be really entertaining to hear the comments
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,158

it can be really entertaining to hear the comments

Jan 24, 2020, 11:34 AM

from casual college football fans. Was having a beer and the guys next to me at the bar were whining about how we were "the new england patriots" of college ball, because our conf/their division are weak. I think it's great that we have arrived to the point that we are the topic of conversation in a bar in AZ, and I enjoyed some good natured banter with them, noting that we have beaten everyone they put in front of us, including the Bama's , Ohio Sts, Oklahoma,s, Notre Dames etc etc. The comparison to the Pats is interesting and a tribute to our success as a program, although we win and lose with more class !

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: it can be really entertaining to hear the comments

Jan 24, 2020, 12:09 PM

Fans,like the one that you described, draw their conclusions by what they hear and read on tv or the internet. None bother to do the research that could change their opinion of Clemson or the ACC. That’s the way it is. As the Tigers continue to win against the top teams as they have in the past several years this imagine of Clemson only playing weak teams will change or at least soften. One answer is to add more “name” teams to the schedule and drop the Woffords, Akrons etc but that’s not going to happen. Until it does, only time will solve the problem ... if the Tigers continue to win and win big.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2020, 12:12 PM

The internet or eSECpn.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 24, 2020, 12:27 PM [ in reply to Re: it can be really entertaining to hear the comments ]

problem with NAME teams is they also have their schedule filled years ahead and are looking to fill ouut a home schedule -they don't want to come to death valley

I'll take that.

Jan 24, 2020, 12:31 PM

Hope we'll have as many championships soon.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,158
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic