Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
is UGA competing for our WRU status?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

is UGA competing for our WRU status?

Jul 15, 2018, 8:20 AM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.californiagoldenblogs.com/platform/amp/2018/7/14/17571764/demetris-robertson-commits-to-transfer-to-uga

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: is UGA competing for our WRU status?

Jul 15, 2018, 8:28 AM

When did UGA start seriously throwing the ball?

Jul 15, 2018, 8:31 AM

No.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2018, 8:31 AM [ in reply to Re: is UGA competing for our WRU status? ]

Just curious, who threw it more last year? Us or them? Have to imagine with KB, they did. Just saying.

Jul 15, 2018, 8:49 AM

We still threw it a lot more it looks like. Bryant 398 attempts. Fromm 291 attempts. Fromm threw the ball down field better though averaging 9 yards a completion while KB averaged 7.

Jul 15, 2018, 8:41 AM [ in reply to Re: is UGA competing for our WRU status? ]

Guess they’re looking for that AJ Green type of receiver that can actually catch 50/50 balls. Someone Fields can connect with frequently. Be interesting to see who else they get from this point.

Jul 15, 2018, 9:52 AM

Agree. We've got a kid on the roster named Matt Landers. I think they're trying to put some weight on his 6'5" frame. For some reason we can't seem to land the 6'4"+ athletic types at WR.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2018, 3:38 PM

Haselwood is a pretty big kid isn't he? I really like him, wish he was coming to be a Tiger

Jul 15, 2018, 8:07 PM [ in reply to Re: is UGA competing for our WRU status? ]

When they hired kirby to copy everything Dabo is doing or has done. Make no mistake about it, ks is a snake in the grass. Whether or not the bagman is for real or not will eventually come out but right now it seems to be easy pickings for uga.

Who knows whether or not he’s getting the “right “ people or not, he’s certainly beat us the last couple years in recruiting.

Plus, look at their easy pickings of a schedule and recruits can easily see they can get to the sec championship game and I’m sure they’re selling two sec teams getting into cfp.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2018, 9:20 AM

It's funny you say that because on ESPN Classic they were playing a Baylor game and thought to myself "how many teams have come and gone since Clemson's run?". It does seem that coaches and programs that try and do it the fast way somehow something usually happens. Not saying Art Briles was doing things he should in recruiting but we all know what he was doing behind the scenes. Ole Miss hired a guy that told them he could get them but they had to do whatever it took and well we all know how that ended. There may be a couple more that I am forgetting but you get the point. I like to think that most coaches do things the right way but we know there are a select few that don't. Unfortunately for the SEC most of those are in that league. Georgia fans can whine and cry all they want I don't care because you can follow Dabo's career to now and see each step he has taken to get where he is. Not Kirby, nope and I don't know that I put all the blame on him because as a university when you fire a guy that averaged 10 wins for over a decade then that puts pressure on the next coach to tell himself that if he doesn't at least average 11 wins a season he will be gone. So by virtue of circumstance I think Kirby knew what he was going to have to do. Now don't get me wrong because I think Kirby would do whatever it took to be successful regardless of the job. So Bulldog fans can moan and groan all they want and I;m not talking about them moaning and groaning because of their boyfriends but because I am accusing your great coach of doing illegal things on the recruiting trail. I doesn't matter whether you believe me or not because what time and history has taught us is that eventually your time runs out and karma comes back to bite you in the end. Well a lot of people say karma but I say the good Lord above.

Jul 15, 2018, 9:47 AM

What a flash of brilliance. Really.

Jul 15, 2018, 9:15 AM

Smart's 2019 roster will have two WR's that were Top Ten overall players in the country. And if Hardman returns......three 5- Star WR's starting on O.

Kirby never sleeps.

Jul 15, 2018, 9:21 AM

super dawg just left a pile. Don’t step in it

Jul 15, 2018, 10:14 AM

snoddy® said:

super dawg just left a pile. Don’t step in it

here's a bigger pile....a few stars would have to align but it's possible Kirby's entire 2019 offense could be comprised of nothing but 5-Star recruits.

Jul 15, 2018, 10:34 AM

Maybe Kirbs could teach a couple of them how to defend the pass when its for a Natty ? Could have used a few of those 5's against that inexperienced , thrown in frosh Alabama QB in January .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 15, 2018, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Re: is UGA competing for our WRU status? ]

PRODUCE BEFORE YOU BRAG!

TYPICAL DAWG!

We've won two Nattys since you won your one!

Typical ALL BARK AND NO BITE!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jul 15, 2018, 3:10 PM

PRODUCE BEFORE YOU BRAG!

TYPICAL DAWG!

We've won two Nattys since you won your one!

Typical ALL BARK AND NO BITE!

I know Country....trying not to brag but that's pretty amazing. What's exciting is Kirby is just getting started!

Jul 15, 2018, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Re: is UGA competing for our WRU status? ]

Long way to go, dawgie before they prove themselves on the field. You don't earn WRU based on potential. Get over yourself already.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2018, 2:50 PM [ in reply to Re: is UGA competing for our WRU status? ]

Gonna need those five stars against the likes of Nichols State, Buffalo, and USuC.

Jul 16, 2018, 9:59 PM [ in reply to Re: is UGA competing for our WRU status? ]

Doesn't really matter that much. Mark Richt had teams full of 5 star players his entire tenure. Of course, Kirby learned under Saban, so he probably is willing to "push the envelope" a lot farther than MR did.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2018, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Re: is UGA competing for our WRU status? ]

Particularly when he thinks about blowing the national championship game . Probably has waking nightmares .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

They'll have fun

Jul 15, 2018, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Re: is UGA competing for our WRU status? ]

BLOCKING for your tailbacks.

You won't keep them all happy!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jul 15, 2018, 9:21 AM

Lots of " them " are . They can't have it ... but yeah sure doggies ... fetch !

DB23

At 6 ft 185 lbs, he's not going to be a good run blocker

Jul 15, 2018, 12:12 PM

or win a lot of one on one battles.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Respectfully disagree - not a blocker but will win 1 on 1

Jul 15, 2018, 8:30 PM

Demetris is a good student and bright kid with blazing speed and athletic ability who is NFL bound - just because they are not a Tiger does not make them a poor player.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No

Jul 15, 2018, 12:40 PM

Being "position"U isn't about how you recruit the position, its about how you put players in the NFL at the position.

Re: No

Jul 15, 2018, 3:09 PM

Well said my friend!

Re: No

Jul 15, 2018, 3:54 PM [ in reply to No ]

And how many of those are studs in the NFL. Our list keeps growing.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic