Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BB quotes, "We're a 3 point shooting team"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,595

BB quotes, "We're a 3 point shooting team"

Dec 19, 2015, 7:35 PM

I guess that he forgot to mention that they rarely go in the hoop. While their 36% stats are essentially equal to shooting 50% from 2 point, statistics don't show the poor shot selection and when they come within the shot clock. Clemson players have traditionally shown a low basketball IQ and that falls on Brownell & his control over his players. As far as recruiting, I have seen an overemphasis on point guards in the past 2 or 3 years & when that doesn't go well, all of a sudden they become "combo" guards that can't pass OR shoot. The lack of recruiting post players also puts WAY too much emphasis on the lackluster play of guards with no back up plan in sight so far in his next recruiting class.

Brownell is a great guy, overrated as an "X and O" guy & evidently not completely trusted or respected by his players as seen in the number of exits from the program & JUCO signings.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

do people like you even listen to what you say?

Dec 19, 2015, 8:41 PM

"Browned is a great guy" but is "not completely trusted or respected by his players".

Come again? How could any two comments be more incompatible when said about one person?

The problem is that people - so-called "fans" - like you simply want to believe whatever you want to believe and you love hearing yourself talk. You don't even try to be logical. Take this crap to STS would be my suggestion....

Great guy to the public, but not great leader of players

Dec 19, 2015, 8:54 PM

EZ to understand if you've ever been a part of a team, which evidently you haven't because it's very common. Hundreds of coaches put on a persona for the public & completely different in locker room.

in High School I was scouted by Bill Guthridge of UNC

Dec 20, 2015, 8:39 PM

for two years - never got the size or quicks to play at that level though.

But I ### sure know what a team is.

Which is more than I can say for the likes of lurkers like you on TNET - the only team you're on is your own, just like a lot of posters here. You don't post for the betterment of Clemson, you post to hear yourself think, which you apparently can't do without writing it down.

So 'splain it to me Lucy - just what button did the guys on the "team" push to go from 18 down in a sordid first half to having a good many chances to cut it to 2 or 1 in the waning minutes?

Maybe it was
- overcoming the fear to fail;
- a desire to play real defense, "man up" if you will;
- a desire to rebound and block out and generally do the dirty little things it takes to win tough games like that;
- the common sense to stop hurling up three's like they were candy to babies at a parade route, and try, somehow try to get the ball to the real scorers on the team at the wing with Blossomgame and Grantham;
- maybe it was Nnoko getting his head out of his rump and playing good defense rather than trying to block every shot;
aww, who the hail knows - not you for sure.

But I can guarantee you it wasn't Brownell somehow changing his personality in the blink of an eye.

You people are crap - you aren't for Clemson anymore than than you would be if the football team were 6-7 again.

So go gossip elsewhere... maybe the ladies hair salon or something.... better yet, FGF; they love guys like you.

Re: in High School I was scouted by Bill Guthridge of UNC

Dec 20, 2015, 8:47 PM

At first I thought your post was pure sarcasm, then I realized you are serious. Someone posts a negative comment about Brownell and you basically called them an idiot. That shoe fits you.
Brownell has failed terribly. We are getting worse each year not better

In a word, DELUSIONAL

Dec 20, 2015, 8:58 PM [ in reply to in High School I was scouted by Bill Guthridge of UNC ]

Stick with your fantasy team...remember, the older you get, the bigger the lie and the more you believe it!

This is way off base

Dec 20, 2015, 12:39 AM

We actually have really good post players on the front line this year, we're just not very deep there. We went out and recruits a bunch of guards because that was a pair ion of need and we also needed to find done guys who could shoot.

It's like you posted the opposite of our situation. Everybody last year was complaining about a lack of shooting and a lack of guards who can shoot. We go out and recruit some guards and guys who can shoot to go along with Grantham, Blossomgame, and Nnoko, and, waddayouknow, our three point shooting greatly improves. But then coachmac says the real problem is too many shooters and not enough post players...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not much truth here....

Dec 20, 2015, 8:55 PM

Said BB has gone overboard on recruiting PG & when they can't run the team, he moves them to the '2' where shooting is not their forte. Next, how many post players does Brownell have committed for next year OR for that matter, look at the recruiting sites & he doesn't even have many offers out there for the future. Nnoko & Smith are graduating, so that leaves Djitte & Robertin as ONLY post players left on the roster for 2016-17 season.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,595
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic