Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruit Update: DE target favors Alabama
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Recruit Update: DE target favors Alabama

Apr 24, 2012, 8:05 AM

DE target favors Alabama

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

D@$# it tnet make up your mind

Apr 24, 2012, 9:00 AM

Yesterday we're the leader, today we are behind

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not really

Apr 24, 2012, 9:13 AM

yesterday's report was from an article 3 months ago.

http://www.alabamaintel.com/articles/2013-defensive-lineman-has-his-eye-on-the-alabama-football-program

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruit Update: DE target favors Alabama

Apr 24, 2012, 9:36 AM

it is hard to beat that secc money.

it's not like these players are going to vandy or uk, heck

Apr 24, 2012, 9:41 AM

cu took the #1 player out of arky last cycle.

these guys are choosing uga, bama, auburn and uf; they have pretty good programs, traditions, gamedays as well.

Re: Recruit Update: DE target favors Alabama

Apr 24, 2012, 10:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Recruit Update: DE target favors Alabama ]

Its florida/bama for him...we aint gettin him....we cant seem to do well this year with dl and ol prospects...wonder if the large amount of freshmen and sophmores on both lines are hurting us....because right now we are getting destroyed

we lose targets to the other big boys every year. we don't

Apr 24, 2012, 10:15 AM

need a lot of numbers as you mentioned.

very targeted with ol/dl offers this year so far so they stick out more so than in other years perhaps?

Re: we lose targets to the other big boys every year. we don't

Apr 24, 2012, 10:57 AM

The prolem is were falling behind and missing with the top targets...I just think most school are hammering that the majority 90% of our ol/dl are freshmen/ sophmores

i'm sure they are, but we missed on bullard and other top

Apr 24, 2012, 11:02 AM

targets as well. it just didn't sting as much because of the good numbers we brought in along the fronts.

how many ol/dl are we looking to take this year?

Re: i'm sure they are, but we missed on bullard and other top

Apr 24, 2012, 11:29 AM

1 DT 3 DE'S 1 OT 2 OG'S/C'S....Yeah missin out on bullard didnt sting as bad cause we got watkins.lawson and reader....we just seem to be losing ground we once had we are hanging on by a thread with montravious adams and the coots may get hill right out from our backyard and that would suck bad....I know they wanna sign just one but cant see them turning one of them away if they both want to come

i hear ya. adams likes us as did the kid out of dc last

Apr 24, 2012, 11:37 AM

year. some say we never had a snowball's chance in hades of getting hill and he's out-of-state bound.

idk, dabo said we're targeting the best of the best, unfortunately that means ou, osu, nd, uga, lsu, ut, ut, bama, aub, uf, miami, fsu... are more than likely targeting them too.

Re: i hear ya. adams likes us as did the kid out of dc last

Apr 24, 2012, 11:40 AM

take this for what its worth but I respect Bartow...he does a really good job....Yeah youre right we are right in it with the big dogs (something the coots cant do)...but for us to get over the hump...we have to win more and more battles every year

Those are the Top 5 recruits in terms of being the highest ranked (by Rivals.com) defensive prospects on the offer board. It's early on for all of them considering the Spring Evaluation Period just kicked off for Clemson.

As of Tuesday morning, Clemson hopes to land (if possible)...
DT - 1
DE - 3
LB - 1 more to go with the 5 they have
DB - 2-3 more to go with the 1 they have

As of late April for the aforementioned prospects...

1. Montravius Adams - Clemson used to lead big. Now he's opened things up considerably.
Clemson, TN, Auburn, USC, Georgia are the main hitters. Doesn't plan to make a decision until NSD some 9 months from now.

2. Michael Hill - Instate battle between Clemson and South Carolina. Distance is a factor. He'll visit Ohio State, Alabama, Florida and Michigan this summer before announcing right before the start of senior season. That's the current plan there.

3. Nkemdiche - 5 teams are his 'favorites' - LSU, Clemson, Alabama, Ole Miss, Georgia. Each situation has been well-documented and broken down. His timetable keeps moving back and back. This won't be done until the ink dries on NSD. Especially in this situation.

4. Rochell - Notre Dame is the current leader. Clemson used to lead. ND leads over Clemson, FSU and Florida. That's his Top 4. May decide, hand out a verbal commitment, as early as this summer.

5. Fuller - VT leads big with Clemson running No. 2 currently. Plans to announce at the US Army AA game in early January.

we led big for adams because if i'm not mistaken because

Apr 24, 2012, 11:47 AM

we offered first? that's really important to some kids, hopefully we stay in there and pull him, but i can't imagine what it's like to be a kid like this every day of the week.

anyway, i think bartow and some others have a good day to day, week to week feel for some of these kids on which direction they may be leaning, my difficulty with these sites is in their evaluations.

hopefully things start turning cu's way, i really like the kid out of maryland, he was a pleasant surprise and should be a big plus with some of the others.

Re: we led big for adams because if i'm not mistaken because

Apr 24, 2012, 11:50 AM

Oh yeah I dont listen to their evaluations of recruits or our own players...ards the worse...he cant admit he was wrong bout josh watson

:-)

Apr 24, 2012, 11:57 AM

anyway, it's gonna be a long summer. i don't want to wish it away, but i can't wait till fall camp starts.

auburn game could be huge[either way] for our class; i hates that dome though.

Re: :-)

Apr 24, 2012, 12:03 PM

The dome curse ends this year

shhh...

Apr 24, 2012, 12:04 PM

don't wake it.

;)

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic