Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Comcast
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Comcast

Aug 21, 2019, 2:17 PM

Does anyone have any solid information on the status of Comcast and the ACC Network? Comcast is the worst, so I'm sure they'll find another way to screw over their subscribers and not carry the network by game time!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Comcast

Aug 21, 2019, 2:41 PM

UNREAL how bad COMCAST SUCKS. Customer service is beyond third world....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well where do you think their customer service

Aug 21, 2019, 2:43 PM

is located?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Well where do you think their customer service

Aug 21, 2019, 3:45 PM

My son lives outside Chicago and has Comcast. When he called the local office, they basically told him that they were not interested in installing ACCN at this time. Maybe because Illinois is outside the ACC footprint. Their corporate office is in Philadelphia.
215-286-1700

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

loggeg in to comacst acctand asked to chat with person

Aug 21, 2019, 3:22 PM

It said ready to chat so I typed in my question - will they carry the ACC Network if not why?

The computer gave me 4 options
I asked same question - computer gave me same 4 options

I replied I guess not

terrible customer service

Re: loggeg in to comacst acctand asked to chat with person

Aug 21, 2019, 3:44 PM

I get the impression all providers are bad here and they dont care. they'd rather live with the ebb and flow of unhappy customers than try to manage their businesses and straighten it out. it is a pretty pathetic business model and hope it bites all of them big time

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it's odd that they haven't issued a release

Aug 21, 2019, 4:20 PM

addressing negotiations or anything.

I feel deep down they'll strike a deal at the 11th hour but they're losing whatever goodwill they had with a lot of people.

There's a long thread about it on the Xfinity troubleshooting forum that has absolutely no response from Comcast:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/ACC-Network/td-p/3224577/page/5

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I called. I got someone that was way overseas, but said

Aug 21, 2019, 6:45 PM

her name was Jane. I only say that part because I'm pretty sure the words ACC Football and reigning national champion meant nothing to her. In spite of all of that, she was an extremely friendly person that did all she could to find out something for me. She talked to several managers and in the end she could only say that Comcast was in negotiations, but had not reached an agreement yet. She said the will not reveal to her the details of the talks as is always the case with something like that. She was apologetic and thanked me for being a Comcast customer for 17 years and 11 months. Jane was very good at her job and is the only nice thing I have to say about Comcast today.

Until the last few days, I thought Comcast would come through at the last minute, but now I feel they will not. They actually could wait until their Disney deal needs to be renewed and feel the pressure. That would be three years. Don't know if they will wait more than a little while after the launch, but I have decided to drop Comcast over this single situation. I will not drop them until after football season because I don't want to be in transition with a new company here at the start of the season, but I will drop them after the season, even if they have signed on to the ACC network by then. At this point, it's the principle of the thing. They are a huge company and their greed has short changed their customers.

Re: Comcast

Aug 21, 2019, 7:40 PM

I must be one of the few people who likes Comcast. Just get a free week of a streaming service and then cancel. We won’t be on ACCN more than twice. Why does everyone want a channel that is going to mostly show Wake Forest and Duke???

if you want to see clemson hoops might be only channel

Aug 21, 2019, 7:49 PM

and some baseball

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: if you want to see clemson hoops might be only channel

Aug 21, 2019, 7:53 PM

To be honest... don’t really care if I see either. It would be nice if on tv, but not going to care if it’s not picked up.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic