Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
if we do get a crack at bama
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

if we do get a crack at bama

Dec 1, 2018, 4:17 PM

i hope we draw up some qb roll outs because lawrence is going to have to be moved around to give him time to throw with our line

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: if we do get a crack at bama

Dec 1, 2018, 4:26 PM

I can't believe people are still talking smack about our OL. Lawrence has only been sacked once in 5 games. For the entire year we have only allowed 13 sacks, which is 11th nationally. A couple of the teams in front of us are triple option teams.

Of those 13 sacks, some of them are specifically the result of TL holding the ball too long earlier in the year, and he has improved a ton in that area. KB was sacked many times as well bc he was often reluctant to pull the trigger unless the guy was wide open. Lawrence has no problem throwing accurately into tight windows.

In terms of run blocking, our offense is 12th nationally in rush yards per game and 2nd nationally in rush yards per attempt. Many of the teams ahead of us in rush yards are also triple option teams.

Also, we are 2nd nationally in tackles for loss allowed behind only Army—another triple option team.

I would say that ever since Gage Cervenka moved to starting RG, our offensive line has played as well as any in the country. There's no other team in the country giving up less sacks than we have in the past 7 games.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

bc an actual decent defense was in his face all night

Dec 1, 2018, 4:32 PM

bama's line is better

Dec 1, 2018, 4:33 PM [ in reply to Re: if we do get a crack at bama ]

We have played scrubs and he thinks Bama's DL is better than what we have seen.

Dec 1, 2018, 4:58 PM

It's certainly true that Bama's DL will be the best we have seen, but calling out the OL specifically as if they haven't been doing a good job is crazy. They play the teams on the schedule and have been virtually flawless for 6+ weeks now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2018, 4:52 PM [ in reply to Re: if we do get a crack at bama ]

cornstock said:

I can't believe people are still talking smack about our OL. Lawrence has only been sacked once in 5 games. For the entire year we have only allowed 13 sacks, which is 11th nationally. A couple of the teams in front of us are triple option teams.

Of those 13 sacks, some of them are specifically the result of TL holding the ball too long earlier in the year, and he has improved a ton in that area. KB was sacked many times as well bc he was often reluctant to pull the trigger unless the guy was wide open. Lawrence has no problem throwing accurately into tight windows.

In terms of run blocking, our offense is 12th nationally in rush yards per game and 2nd nationally in rush yards per attempt. Many of the teams ahead of us in rush yards are also triple option teams.

Also, we are 2nd nationally in tackles for loss allowed behind only Army—another triple option team.

I would say that ever since Gage Cervenka moved to starting RG, our offensive line has played as well as any in the country. There's no other team in the country giving up less sacks than we have in the past 7 games.

Thank you! POTD! Saved my having to say it! ??

"crack" is that the sound of Tua'a dad's belt

Dec 1, 2018, 4:33 PM

Is that what you meant

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic