Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why? Because everyone besides Clemson and Bama suck
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,157

Why? Because everyone besides Clemson and Bama suck

Nov 29, 2018, 8:18 AM

https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/11/28/college-football-playoff-history-teams-notre-dame

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why? Because everyone besides Clemson and Bama suck

Nov 29, 2018, 8:53 AM

Probably the best thing to happen for an 8 team playoff is for Clemson and Alabama to take up permanent residence in CFP. 8 teams in is needed. No more. There needs to be a reward for late year momentum and the possible Cinderella effect for teams. Teams always have a shot to make it in in spite of an early season loss and continue to believe. Otherwise we have a NY6 bowl list that is absolute garbage like we are faced with this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if playoff went to 8 teams......

Nov 29, 2018, 9:06 AM

this weekend the debate would be whether UCF or Florida or LSU are more deserving of a chance to play for a national championship. Florida. FLORIDA. Have you seen Florida play this season?

It would be the SEC Invitational every year. They'd get 3 or 4 teams in, and everybody else would be fighting for the scraps. Do we really want that?

PLAYOFF RANKINGS
1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Notre Dame
4. Georgia
5. Oklahoma
6. Ohio State
7. Michigan
8. UCF
9. Florida
10. LSU

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: if playoff went to 8 teams......

Nov 29, 2018, 9:14 AM

Need to place limitations. First conference champions and the top group of 5 are in. Then only 2 schools per conference. Yes the SEC would almost always get 2 teams, but games on championship weekend would actually mean something for Pitt, NW, and Texas.

null

Nov 29, 2018, 9:17 AM

Based on that and assuming favorties win this weekend. It would be

1. Bama
2. Clemson
3. ND
4. Oklahoma
5. OHST
6. Mich
7. UGA
8. UCF

null

Nov 29, 2018, 9:35 AM

Are we worried about beating Florida? No. My point is if a team that started at 15 or worse, lost 2games early but won their last 6-7 games and has all the momentum in the world would have a shot. Forget this year. Next year is different and the year after. Besides, why are we worried about diluted competition?

Nov 29, 2018, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Re: if playoff went to 8 teams...... ]

And Clemson plays Michigan to avoid a rematch with ND. ND plays UGA.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2018, 9:44 AM [ in reply to if playoff went to 8 teams...... ]

Agree. Florida and LSU have no business in playoff. Keep it at 4 teams, value Conference Champions above all else. This way if you have an early season loss to a Power 5 team, you can still stay in the race by winning all your conference games.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this is why the whole 8 team deal is laughable to me

Nov 29, 2018, 10:46 AM [ in reply to if playoff went to 8 teams...... ]

I don't see how any of the teams outside of the top 4 could challenge to be the best team.

Last year was a weird situation but in most cases the 3rd and 4th team have been blown out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: this is why the whole 8 team deal is laughable to me

Nov 29, 2018, 3:45 PM

There have been 4 playoffs now. The #4 team has won the title twice. Please get facts organized before posting.

Re: Why? Because everyone besides Clemson and Bama suck

Nov 29, 2018, 3:13 PM

Dude, flame me all you want, but I’m just going to say this.....Clemson is not yet on Alabama’s level. Not even close. Fact of the matter is that Clemson played two incredible games against Bama with the best quarterback in college football those two years. Outside of that, we have not beaten a true top ten program since he left. That’s a fact. We played one elite team last year (Bama) and got embarrassed, and have yet to play any team even remotely close to what we’ll see in the playoff this year. To just assume it’s a fact that Clemson can only be defeated by Alabama is a joke. I personally would be worried about Oklahoma, Ohio State, or Georgia this year. Ok, maybe not worried, but any of those teams could win on a given day.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,157
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic