Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
if Ealy signs - that's 30 ..... which ones count backwards?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

if Ealy signs - that's 30 ..... which ones count backwards?

Feb 6, 2019, 10:59 AM

can only sign 25 each class right ?

1 grey shirt for the future class....

do we have 4 that count backwards ?????

anyone have the details ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Don't know, just a guess though.

Feb 6, 2019, 11:02 AM

The 5 that they'll back count are already on campus and are not gonna Redshirt.

correct- it would be 5 of the guys that enrolled early. We

Feb 6, 2019, 11:07 AM

have plenty of room on last year's 25...... the issue will be getting to the 85 total. The coaches have it figured out. I imagine there will be a couple of guys leaving after spring or some year to year schollies that will not be renewed if the boat is still full and having trouble getting to 85

Ealy would be 29, the Oline from Dorman

Feb 6, 2019, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Don't know, just a guess though. ]

Isn’t on scholarship.

You can sign a max of 30 and 5 will count back against the previous class and only 25 will count towards the class of 2019.

Trotter is a Greyshirt and has been promised the first

Feb 6, 2019, 11:23 AM

Scholarship that opens up ,like they always do, after Spring ball. Much like Cade Stewart,Cade started out as a GS in Feb,by August,he was on scholarship.

If for some reason ,one doesn't open up, He's willing to wait till Jan, ionstead of going to UofL or Cuse.Doubt that will happen. When's the last time we didn't lose someone to trouble,grades or transfer in the Spring ?

Re: if Ealy signs - that's 30 ..... which ones count backwards?

Feb 6, 2019, 11:05 AM

IN the SEC any count backward who sign on days of the week ending in "y". we don't get to that

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2019, 11:17 AM

The previous two classes ('17 and '18) were quite small.

I'm sure we still back-counted guys in those classes as well from not having a full 25 before that.

Anyone who enrolls early can be counted to the previous class.

If we had room on the 85, we probably still have plenty of room in the class this year.

Feb 6, 2019, 11:44 AM

From what I remember they put out that we had room for 27-30 in this class anyways. looking at who's on scholarship we have 85 total with the 27 we had signed at early signing day. So Dukes, Ealy, and Trotter would put us at 88. There's probably a good chance that we lose 3 between now and fall practice. That's even if Ealy decides to sign with us and not go professional baseball and Trotter gets a scholarship. Every year Dabo has had space to offer a couple of walk-ons scholarship. He'll probably still have that opportunity come August as well. The 2020 class could be extremely small seeing as we only have 14 seniors in this class and back up to 19 the following year. The 2020 class already has 5 players committed. With attrition that class will probably climb to 20. Depending on how many in this class (2019) redshirt that class could end up losing quite a few to graduation. I'm betting that Dabo would like to have the classes all be around 20 to 25 players. That way the team has a more consistent range and wouldn't lose 25-30 players after anyone year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we have 7 2020 commits now- we'll go to at least 20 if not

Feb 6, 2019, 5:34 PM

higher. The 14 SRs(though Williams spot is included will turn into Trotter's likely). We have 4 JRs that are virtual locks to go pro possibly a couple more then you have some walkon guys who will have already graduated early. Of course there are always 1 or 2 transfers. My guess is we will go over 20 next year. It's a deeper class and we have our hooks in a lot of great ones so we will try to load up.

Re: we have 7 2020 commits now- we'll go to at least 20 if not***

Feb 6, 2019, 10:17 PM

null

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic