Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
if Clemson loses, but not in the ACCCG, there will still be
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 3,242

if Clemson loses, but not in the ACCCG, there will still be

Oct 23, 2016, 1:19 AM

considerable pressure on the Committee to take Louisville

and not Clemson in the CFP.

Too much media "eye test" BS, flash and dash, style and profile,

action and Jackson, Petrino ridin' his motocycle machino....

H2H and Conference Champ won't mean much

when all the talking bobblehead spittle is about "quality of loss".

No one remembers we waxed Bird butt in the 1st half -

they only remember the 'what have you done for me lately' 2nd half Card comeback.

And who cares about 2 yards?

Just like Notre Dame really had us beat, and so did UNCheat, and so did Oklahoma, and....

The media lives in their own minds - veritable Alices in Wonderment.

Clemson needs to win out or

suffer the political realities of the media age.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Take care of business

Oct 23, 2016, 1:26 AM

There will not be room for error.

Re: if Clemson loses, but not in the ACCCG, there will still be

Oct 23, 2016, 2:34 AM

Regardless of what ESPN and the media might have to say, just think back to last year at just how incredibly different the initial CFB playoff committee rankings were compared to the AP poll, Coaches Poll, and ESPN power rankings. I think we were ranked 3 or 4 in the AP, 6 in the Coaches poll, and somewhere between the two by ESPN. If the committee has proven anything the past two years, it's that they make their own independent evaluations and it's the media that adjusts toward their rankings.

You guys can be worried about an ESPN conspiracy all you want, but the committee has shown that they value conference championships, head to head, strength of schedule (specifically LLC), and best quality wins over any other criterion. The best loss has only seemed to come into play after the other factors are taken into account.

There's no possible way that Louisville would ever get in ahead of us if we win out, and if we were to lose a game but still win the ACC, it could possibly knock us out depending on the loss, but it would knock Louisville out as well because we still have to head to head and Conference Championship plus they're loss to us becomes a miniscule worse.

All that is without even considering that a potential Louisville win over Houston has become much less meaningful in recent weeks.

HD can say what she wants, but the fact that matter is she has no bearing whatsoever on the rankings that matter, and she is completely wrong.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Louisville gets in over us if we win ACC...

Oct 23, 2016, 3:05 AM

the conference has to find a new system to find its champion or it could just use the "eye test" to find teams to play in the ACCCG.

Believe me. You'll only (well, most likely) see champions in the playoffs, unless two Power 5 conferences suck really really really bad.

Media will continue to write it. People love it. They love speculations. They love to hear their team still has a chance.

Oct 23, 2016, 5:35 AM

Well I don't see any losses on our remaining schedule , nor do I think the team does .

CFB playoff here we come.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 23, 2016, 7:06 AM

I can see a loss if we continue to turn the ball over 3 to 5 times a freaking game.

Oct 23, 2016, 9:18 AM

All these media people (including both sports & political news) now want to control and influence the outcome of the news story instead of just reporting the news and facts to allow the public to make their own decisions....what a sorry state our news outlets have become.....Go Tigers!!!!

Replies: 6
| visibility 3,242
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic